Re: Ranked is flawed as a system in general.

by d3adc3II

Original Post

Ranked is flawed as a system in general.

★★★★ Pro

How can anyone take ranked in this game seriously? With how many variables are at play, everyone acts like they're playing on even grounds. One might have better up-down/server status/ping/cable/refresh rate/etc. This is why actual tournaments happen at the same place. If everyone was playing on exact equal terms I could see bragging rights. But it's funny with how many things can interfere with ones game play that it's even considered actual fact. The whole ranking progress is plagued as a system. It's not only this game but pretty much every other as well. But since this is an Apex forum, this is what the conversation will be centered around. To make a long story short, some people act like they're bigger than they are. The only way to have a PURE game is through actual LAN connection. Some of you are too cocky in skills you might not have otherwise on a pure connection. Just something to think about. Anyways, carry on and enjoy the bragging rights.

Message 1 of 3 (275 Views)

★★ Pro

I mean, this is sad and true... but there's nothing that can be done about it. As gamers, connection problems are just something we have to deal with, and yes a large majority have to deal with it more than others. But the ranked system can't start handing out serious advantages to people on a slower connection as that would be abused. If you still want to play ranked then, you're absolutely right, don't take it too seriously. It's still just a game with a couple of points at the end. Get some friends/teammates together that understand you are at a disadvantage and try your best.

Also I'm not sure how you're having these interactions with the people who "think they're bigger than they are." Is it what you've read on the forums?

Message 2 of 3 (179 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@ColdHours One might have better up-down/server status/ping/cable/refresh rate/etc.

hmm ok. But do you play online game for the first time?
Message 3 of 3 (162 Views)