Re: Ranked is dumb and I called it

by kittypokit

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@DaAceXDI was 20th in the world for Pathfinder in S1 when I had time to play. How did you rank, while we're talking about getting carried?

Everything you've said is total rubbish.  I don't say Wraith is OP - I say that her abilities are better in some situations and not in others : same as Path.  Her phase is garbage if you use it out in the open and run in a straight line, but her phase guarantees you an escape if you're more than 10m from someone and you have corners to run around.  You're unreachable man.

Message 21 of 36 (535 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@DaAceXD wrote:

@Anlbrd wrote:

@Silz616

You can go Hyper aggressive, Hyper Defensive.

Any legend that can do both best in the game sounds OP in my book.

Not to mention ALL The ulility between Ultimate offence and defence.

Wraith can run into enemies and out of enemies. Same as octane.  Gibraltar can drop his ult on 2 teams fighting and wipe them both, or he can bubble up and drop it on himself.  What are you talking about?  Everyone can do what you're talking about.  If you go "hyper defensive" as Pathfinder : you're abandoning your team.  At the level I play - this means they're dead.  You don't win 2v3s regularly against good players.

Design flawns CAN make a legend OP. S1 hitbox was proof of that.

But even without the ''flaws'' his ability's are OP as hell in a game where movement and positioning is everything.

And his chunky models are not the biggest issue.

All his skills are.

So now his hitbox is fixed (Read: barely changed, but you've got your placebo so you've stopped blaming your missed shots on an almost IDENTICAL hitbox) - it's his abilities?  When they make it so his ultimate goes 10m and his tactical takes as long as a lifeline box to recharge, what will it be then? Because there's guaranteed to be something.  The SINGLE constant to everything with this is whining about Pathfinder.  If it's not one thing, it's another.

With portal you can't reach places you otherwise can't reach unless you are already there.

Being able to camp a place ONLY reachable by that zipline OR another pathfinder has to be there to make another sounds like a pathfinder OPness in my book.

While wraith is creating the portal she is super exposed, Her gun is gone and she has to move to the location of the other side of the portal wich takes time and the team is exposed in the process.

I can play this game as well, because all you're doing is highlighting differences between the legends...  Let's see : With Pathfinder's grapple you're not invulnerable.  With pathfinders ultimate you can't take your entire team through a storm and around corners with them taking no damage or having no chance to be hit.

Everything about pathfinder makes him OP. - (Hyperbole much?  Are you remotely interested in speaking truthfully?)

- You can grapple away from any fignt to a place you have ALL the time you need to heal

You can't grapple away from any fight.  You need specific terrain to do it otherwise you're dead, just like any other mobility-based legend.  This is like me saying octane can just pop his sprint and escape any fight or that wraith can escape every fight, every time because she has an escape tactical.  It's nonsense.

- If you use Q alone pathfinder can grapple the ground and can position himself faster then a octane who has to secrefice health to do it! If you add the ults pathfinder is even waaaay faster.

Add in some buildings and vertical movement and why is this even a discussion? 

Hes faster then octane without the loss of life?!?!?!?!!  I don't call OP, I call broken as *

He's faster than octane once every 14 seconds...  Octane is faster than everyone else with practically 0 cooldown.  So what?  I'm not bitching about Octane being OP just because he's situationally better than me.  Pathfinder isn't that fast INSIDE any of those buildings...  There's not much of his ability that is very OP in the huge open areas that the latest map especially is full of.

-Zipline can get you to places to camp where people ONLY can get by using your zipline UNLESS ANOTHER PATHFINDER comes to counter it.

So you can only counter a pathfinder with a pathfinder in that situation. What is not OP about this?

Everywhere a Pathfinder can get, an octane can get.  I want to hear specific places that no one else can get because again - you're just telling lies.

- With the new circle damage knowing the where the next circle is going to be and even be able to set up on a place with that BS zipline is more valuable then ever before.

- Flying in the air with grapple is silent.

Pathfinder being able to get behind enemy's without making a sound is just retarted.

Again - a bald faced lie :/  Pathfinder's grapple has a loud sound effect that you can hear from miles away.  The only times I've not heard a pathfinder coming from a grapple is if the sound bug which stops sound effects from happening has occurred, and this is rare.  It affects footsteps far more often.  All legends must be OP because they have footsteps which periodically don't play.

- Pathfinder has the best offence and defence in a game where position is EVERYTHING.

- Since you wanna talk about people with good aim vs a wraith or pathfinder.

It takes wraith a sec to get in phase + reaction time shes already dead.

She can only move in a direction she can get easily chased in with a huge after glow. so everybody can follow her. ( shes dead. )

She gets out and it takes another sec to get her weapon again. ( shes dead. )

It sounds like you can't play Wraith well.  Fighting a wraith wriggling around buildings in a place like skulltown or in ANY of the new buildings in the map is a nightmare if she's good.  If you phase before you're on 5hp you can play for so much space that no other legend could, because you can't actually be shot whilst repositioning.  This isn't me saying Wraith is OP, she isn't. But by your logic I could argue that Wraith AND Pathfinder are both over and underpowered if I felt like it, because nothing you say is anchored in reality.  Just your opinion of what makes something unfair.

If their aim is a way not that good they won't kill her instant. She gets into the zone.

A pathfinder is on top of a building ONLY another pathfinder is able to chase him.

You're right.  Those epic buildings that ONLY pathfinder can climb onto.  Where are they again?

[edit] The reason I'm so strident about this is that I don't use the crappy models that give me an advantage. I use the skinny one.  If any more nerfs come in to balance out the crap models because people are abusing it - my game is ruined.  The 5% extra damage is already a joke because I play against people who can shoot.

So when they balance pathfinder to a point where its equally good to other legends your game is ruined?

So you are getting carried because pathfinder is a BS legend as it is. And when it gets balanced your game is ruined because you are slowly realizing its not your amazing skills winning you games.

They balanced pathfinder a little.

But hes far from equally bad to other legends.

He is still by far the best legend in the game.

He's the best legend for me personally, because of how I play.  My Wraith/Gibraltar/Octane maining friends wouldn't say he's the best for them.
I've been winning games with Pathfinder from when his hitbox was truly broken (to use the term correctly) - I.E when it was BIGGER than the model and people could hit me even when they missed me.  I'm absolutely comfortable with how I place.  I'm not the best, but I'm above average and certainly qualified enough to have a rational discussion about how OP or not my main is...  I mained him when he was definitely UNDERPOWERED and vulnerable because of a garbage hitbox.  I just like the character.  I've also been one of the loudest voices on here haranguing respawn to fix his hitbox, but I've been speaking from a position of having tested what the hitbox actually is and identifying WHY things are the way they are so my feedback was more cogent. 
All I've seen from you is emotional complaining that he's "OP" with no solid justification as to WHY he is OP.  All you've done is highlight the differences between him and other legends.  Yes.  I accept that you are correct.  He is different to Wraith. He is different to Octane.

You need to make a better case for him being OP than "He's OP because Wraith can't do the same thing", because as I've had to tediously point out above : by your logic EVERY legend is OP to someone else because they have abilities that the other doesn't...

Message 22 of 36 (527 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Lastly - your post pretty much encapsulated neatly all of the biggest complaints about Pathfinder (Other than the big models having tons of material that you can see but not land hits on, which you mysteriously give a pass :S  Saving this for the next whine after his next revision?) - Not a single one of those complaints is fixed or even altered by having the cooldown on his tactical or ult changed. 

The only thing that would 'fix' him being able to get ontop of these impossibly high structures that no one else can get on (Which I've yet to find in more than a thousand hours of playing Pathfinder) - is to remove his grapple entirely.

Are you for real?

Come back at me with the truth, without exaggeration and emotional whining and give me something rigorous to reply to or what is the point?

Message 23 of 36 (524 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

You say pathfinder is not as good as people say, but you also go on to give examples about how op is grapple really is. The real problem is the GRAPPLE.

Can anyone really come up with another character similar to pathfinder without stealing grapple? Speed with Octane because that was meta preS1 and traps S2 because camping is meta when loot is scarce. So back to the point how are you going to introduce a character with grapple if it isn't overtly OP?

Message 24 of 36 (503 Views)

★★ Pro
@kittypokit Pathfinder is good. He's brilliant, but only if he suits the way you play. All I'm saying is that I've not seen anything yet that convinces me he is OP.

When you say unbalanced what do you mean? That Pathfinder is too hard to fight against? That he adds too much strength to a team's aggregated effectiveness?

What makes the grapple OP?

And to be clear : you're arguing that Pathfinder shouldn't have a grapple ability, yes?

Message 25 of 36 (489 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

His grapple mechanic is just too strong for the game at this state. I don't argue for it to be removed because its an interesting ability, probably only nerfed to give room for other new characters to shine in the grapple/climbing ability. He is labeled as support so having a grapple that can accelerate you past maximum velocity seems out of kit for this type of class. Why not just a slow grapple that is almost only useful to go up a slope or building and not launch yourself like a slingshot? Moving on, if they were to do that it would give room for a pathfinder assault type class where the ultimate is not another form of super mobility.

Message 26 of 36 (482 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@kittypokitA slow climbing type grappling hook would ONLY be useful for campers and people hiding. There'd be absolutely no combat utility for it.

Other than the top of repulsor wall and a handful of other locations : everywhere can be climbed to without a grappling hook if you're alone and not being shot at.

You would reduce the tactical ability to being an easy, but slow, way of doing what absolutely everyone can do anyway without a grappling hook.

How is his grappling hook too strong for the game? :/

Message 27 of 36 (478 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@Anlbrd wrote:

@DaAceXDI was 20th in the world for Pathfinder in S1 when I had time to play. How did you rank, while we're talking about getting carried?

Everything you've said is total rubbish.  I don't say Wraith is OP - I say that her abilities are better in some situations and not in others : same as Path.  Her phase is garbage if you use it out in the open and run in a straight line, but her phase guarantees you an escape if you're more than 10m from someone and you have corners to run around.  You're unreachable man.

I'm not saying you are saying wraith is OP.

And everything you are saying also counts for pathfinder. AND he can use his grapple in the open to move away faster then any other legend in the game.

You where the top 20 pathfinder in the world is not a argument.

What is top 20 pathfinder in the world in S1? in what? kills? wins? KD?

Every dork can carry himself with time. no skills required. Pathfinder makes that even easier.

I had around 7K kills and 350 wins myself in S1.

And i only played a lot the first half. One of the reasons being pathfinder not getting fixed.

I have no idea how high that was. Because being a top something in the world meens nothing in S1. 

You where a pubstomper with a lot of time. Get over yourself :P

@Anlbrd wrote:

Lastly - your post pretty much encapsulated neatly all of the biggest complaints about Pathfinder (Other than the big models having tons of material that you can see but not land hits on, which you mysteriously give a pass :S  Saving this for the next whine after his next revision?) - Not a single one of those complaints is fixed or even altered by having the cooldown on his tactical or ult changed. 

The only thing that would 'fix' him being able to get ontop of these impossibly high structures that no one else can get on (Which I've yet to find in more than a thousand hours of playing Pathfinder) - is to remove his grapple entirely.

Are you for real?

Come back at me with the truth, without exaggeration and emotional whining and give me something rigorous to reply to or what is the point?

Pathfinder his hitbox is on top of everything i complain about.

''The only thing that would 'fix' him being able to get ontop of these impossibly high structures that no one else can get on (Which I've yet to find in more than a thousand hours of playing Pathfinder) - is to remove his grapple entirely.''

After 1000's of hours you never had a end circle at that retarted mountain at slums?

Or that cliff close to that respawn point when you exit bunker on the side of airbase?

Or those sides at skulltown?

''Other than the top of repulsor wall and a handful of other locations : everywhere can be climbed to without a grappling hook if you're alone and not being shot at.''

And 2 locations you give in another reply.

Don't give me that You can reach it by balloon, because against decent players im dead before i can grab my gun when i land on top of those.

And i woul have no problems if they remove pathfinder as a legend. Because he is broken AF.

Are you for real?

yeh, I'm for real. Pathfinder is INSANE in this game.

You are telling me you play him because he best fits your playstyle.

Guess what! He fits every good player that plays agressive and every player that just hides and runs their playstyles.

Lastly - your post pretty much encapsulated neatly all of the biggest complaints about Pathfinder

Yes it was.

If you can find any other legend with that many complaints let me know.

Even if you manage and i doubt it, It meens that legend is broken as well, It doesn't make pathfinder a balanced legend.

You can't compare pathfinder to the 2nd best legend in the game imo '' wraith'' and say nah its ok

Compare him to octane.

Pathfinder is better at everything then octane is.

Compare his Q, ult, and passive to octane and octane NEVER has the advantige.

If the both of them race the pathfinder will win easily on multisurface and even on a open field with the ground grapple launch without the loss of health.

His zipline is just a 10x better version of the Bungy.

And knowing where the circle is going to be is just gold compared to a slow passive heal.

And octane is a insane legend. He's real good but pathfinder makes him look like crap.

That is how strong pathfinder is atm.

Lastly - your post pretty much encapsulated neatly all of the biggest complaints about Pathfinder

and 

So in one argument you say. i just encapulated neatly all of pathfinders complaints ( SO i assume those are facts. )

And in the other you say im untruthfull and emotional?

Wich one is it it? can't be both.

Message 28 of 36 (449 Views)

Community Manager

@DaAceXD wrote:

Compare him to octane.

Pathfinder is better at everything then octane is.

Compare his Q, ult, and passive to octane and octane NEVER has the advantige.

If the both of them race the pathfinder will win easily on multisurface and even on a open field with the ground grapple launch without the loss of health.

No love for Bloodhound? Ever sine they added the tracking in real time that's made Bloodhound's ability to win 1v1 fights far greater. I personally would take that over Pathfinder or Octane's tacticals, but they all serve a specific purposes. The grapple is amazing when you're escaping enemies while the scan is for offensive reasons (or I guess you could make an argue for defense).

Since Season 2 launched we've so far seen positive feedback on where Pathfinder is now compared to Season 1. 

Patch Notes

Bloodhound

• Eye of the Allfather
    • Enemies scanned now are tracked in real time instead of leaving a ghost image behind. The tracking lasts for 1.5 seconds.
    • Increased the angle of the scan to 110 from 90.
Blueberry.png
Message 29 of 36 (421 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@DaAceXDSo in one argument you say. i just encapulated neatly all of pathfinders complaints ( SO i assume those are facts. )

And in the other you say im untruthfull and emotional?

Wich one is it it? can't be both.

-----------------------------------------------------

If English is your second language then fine, if not - L2R?

It is a fact that those are the biggest complaints. Does that mean they're automatically valid? No, just that they're the things everyone whines about. What I said means: "you've summed up all the regular whines - and then provided the usual solution which doesn't even affect them".

So now that we've cleared up your only real solution is to remove Pathfinder entirely : we've established that this isn't a conversation about balance, but the deletion of a character which is one of the most popular just because you don't like getting beaten by players who use him.

Dat biznizz sense doh.

Lets not write novels to each other anymore mate, we're never going to see eye to eye on it.  I love playing Pathfinder and I've done it even when he was massively underpowered because his hitbox meant someone could clean me up with an un-nerfed PK practically whilst facing AWAY from me Tongue out  Say what you want about anyone's motivations for playing Pathfinder - mine aren't linked to him being OP because of anything.   I just love playing Spiderman.  You just want him deleted because you DON'T like him as much as I DO like him.  It's nothing to do with him being OP or not.

Message 30 of 36 (400 Views)