Re: Ranked is an absolute joke

by SMT-Kiddoz

Original Post

Ranked is an absolute joke

★★ Guide

Playing ranked right now is not fun. 

everyone camps 

no one starts fights

everyone runs and avoids combat until they’re at least in the top 10/ top 8 ect 

the game can be 15/20 minutes in and be on round 3/ round 4 and there’s still 10/11 squads left 

and why is this? Because of a system that rewards placing over kills 

your team could literally wipe 4/5 squads at the start of the game with each person getting a kill per squad but if you died not even in the top 10 you’d still earn less points than the team that hid and camped until the top 3 then maybe got a lucky kill each before dying 

right now it’s just not fun to play ranked. The only reason I play is when my friends aren’t on and I’m solo queuing because I’m sick of playing pubs and everyone leaving after getting downed (but that’s a separate issue that should really be addressed) that’s the one good thing about ranked is that people stay after dying 

the scoring system needs to change, here are just some suggestions  

increase the kill cap to 10 maybe

add in a multiplayer for killing members of the same team.

10 points for the first person

15 points for the second 

20 points for the final person 

Straight up increase the amount of points earned for getting kills 

reduce the amount of points for placing 

e.g remove the top 10 all the way to top 4 points so you only get very few points for placing in top 3 or 2 (but you still get the 100 points for winning)

Tl;dr ranked is bad and boring and not how the game is intended to be played 

Message 1 of 4 (1,003 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Bean2kay9 play on singapore and you'll see the real joke
Message 2 of 4 (972 Views)

Champion
@Bean2kay9 I agree that they should not cap the kills.

The pro tourneys do not cap kill points. And while many of the teams still camp, many of the top teams have become more aggressive due to changes to characters.
Message 3 of 4 (907 Views)

★★★ Pro

@Bean2kay9 

Apex Legends has always been classed as a team game hence why the developers have never kept a solo mode option available for the players.

What I notice when I play pubs is that the games are a lot quicker, people push like crazy especially the random teammates that I end up getting put in with which isn't a bad thing at all. However, because ranked is about grinding your way up the developers have made it work on a system where it is based around teamwork. I have always thought that they should add a points system for revives and res' as well. 

I'm not sure what rank you are sitting at but I find as I move up the rankings I see a lot more Wattsons & Caustics than usual and with these characters comes a different style of play that is required (again this isn't a bad thing). Playing with a character like these two allows for the camping and with a Wraith to quickly get you out of a situation this team dynamic becomes very OP.

Personally, I think the "team style" battle royal is a great feature. It stops people from playing for themselves and if they want to succeed at higher ranks the team play is essential. If people are looking for a battle royale game which is much more solo focused then there is always Fortnite, Warzone, PUBG etc. 

Also, looking at your note about Pubs and people leaving after they get downed or die that's just standard and it cannot be sorted really. Pubs is a sandbox mode and for me personally I use it as a practice before going into ranked play. 

I wouldn't give up on playing ranked just because the games are a lot more tactical and people tend to play at a slower pace... just grind it out and if there is 10 squads left in the final circle then push like crazy! 

Hope this helped a little & have a great weekend dude! 

Message 4 of 4 (866 Views)