Ranked is Broken.

by DragonshadowCF

Original Post

Ranked is Broken.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I think the devs need to rethink ranked levels and not have players locked into a certain category and should depend on K/D and wins.

I think many players are getting ranked up by grinding points just by playing and end up in ranks that don't match skill level and getting locked in that rank and destroying their K/D if they only play ranked modes.

I made it to plat. but not a plat player and should be in gold and this destroyed my K/D.

I made an ALT account an my K/D went threw the roof and i think that reflects how broken the ranked system is, if your consistently not getting kills or winning your in the wrong rank as far as i am concerned, makes the game less fun imo, you should be able to lose ranks and not be locked into a rank for people that only like ranked and do not play casual modes.

Edit: i think i understand why they did it that way because the player pool would drop off significantly for certain ranks, but if your the one that's not suppose to be in that rank and playing them, the game is not fun and your making the game fun for other players that leads the player in the wrong rank to stop playing the game...

If your consistently getting an eight kill game and 2000 or more damage you should be in a higher rank, one or two kills per game is normal in my opinion, why can't an algorithm determine your rank? I imagine machine intelligence could figure out rather quickly which rank you should be in.

further Edit.

I think your K/D should be determined per rank so you can see statistically if your in the wrong rank or not ..I know i'm in the wrong rank so your forcing me to play casual but i'd rather just not play the game because people don't try in casual modes.

Even further beyond Edit:

I just started playing dragonball fighters and I was playing people that were obviously alt accounts in ranked, if you don't touch the ground in ranked in grey rank your playing a smurf and makes the game  become very painful for beginners, their needs to be a quick way to determine skill level, certain players do certain things and should be able to be detected to sniff out smurf accounts via machine intelligence... in Apex when i made my Alt account i felt sorry for people i was absolutely destroying and i know why people make smurf accounts because it makes you feel good that your level is beyond their skill level but i'm sure it makes other players feel bad when its not their fault their playing people who are sandbagging to get that high of consistently winning by large margins...

Message 1 of 1 (155 Views)