Ranked Matchup Question

by AlwaysDelusional

Original Post

Ranked Matchup Question

★★★ Novice

I feel like I missed something about how match ups work in ranked mode. How is it that Platinum players get paired with gold and silver players? Even if they are grouped with someone seems a bit odd that is ok. Anytime I get into a match and I have someone in gold or silver it's basically a loss. Kind of hard to rank up when you get paired with some players that still need to learn the game. 

Message 1 of 5 (250 Views)

Re: Ranked Matchup Question

★★ Expert
@AlwaysDelusional So yea seems like you know that having a player in a lower Rank will still place them in high Rank lobbies if their buddies are higher Rank than them.

That being said, they are switching it next season so that it limits it to 1 Rank below to avoid bringing Bronze/Silver friends into D or P Rank. I do this sometimes but only because I know my friends can hold their own but don't have time to grind Rank like me.
Message 2 of 5 (230 Views)

★★ Pro
@AlwaysDelusional Thing is - there aren't enough players in ranked to have a server for each rank.
Message 3 of 5 (221 Views)

★★★ Novice
@iBlockHead Ahh gotcha. Glad this change is coming to be honest. I know some people don't have the time to grind that makes sense but a lot of the time, from my experience, when I have a match with lower ranked players you can tell they are lost in fights.
Message 4 of 5 (212 Views)

★★★ Novice
@CrazyPlays54 That's unfortunate but also kind of makes playing solo almost pointless if you can play with people your own rank. I'd rather wait in queue so I have a chance over just dying or spectating someone lost.
Message 5 of 5 (211 Views)