Ranked Dogfight - It's time

by TrichorTTV

Original Post

Ranked Dogfight - It's time

★ Apprentice

Game has been out for months at this point and, so far, the updates and additions have been great. Some rebalancing, new ships, many bugs fixed, some new ones introduced, but all in all, I feel like the game and surrounding community is maturing nicely.

I *really* wish the game had ranked dogfighting. 

The biggest reason is that right now matches are very lopsided (from my perspective) the vast majority of the time. Literally went on a 106 game winning streak with a 2/3 person wing. So many of those games it was a complete massacre with scores rarely getting closer than 30-5. This isn't fun for anyone and I know it detracts people from the game mode, both competitive and casual players.

Competitive players get bored with getting constantly matched with new and unskilled players and don't get to enjoy at least testing their skills vs other hotshots, and there isn't really any in-game reward either to justify stomping noobs for. Casual players get demoralized by getting shredded 0-8 in a match, scarcely making it from respawn to the battle before getting shot down.

Fleet battle is fun and all, but there are plenty of folks I fly with who enjoy the purity and sport of the dogfight. Put in ranked mode for dogfights. Let pilots continue to specialize in one faction - from my experience with the community there are dedicated pilots on both sides aplenty for this to balance out.

Making dogfight use skill based matchmaking will improve the gaming experience for all players who wish to play that way. Please let's get this put in!

Message 1 of 6 (844 Views)

Re: Ranked Dogfight - It's time

★ Guide

I agree. There should be a rank of sorts that increases if the player's K/D or win ratio gets too high. Then he should be matched with higher ranked players until the K/D and win ratio go down reasonably.

It can reset for each operation as well.

Message 2 of 6 (822 Views)

★★ Guide

I agree with this now that I have played the game for a while. However they would need to make the map bigger imo

Message 3 of 6 (796 Views)

Dot.: Ranked Dogfight - It's time

★★★ Apprentice
@TrichorTTV That will be great!! Where do I have to sign petition?
Message 4 of 6 (731 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Agreed. It's comical how bad the matchmaking is. My team is almost always high double digits and the opposite team is almost always single digits or low double. Slaughter fest. The only challenge is between me and my buddy I play with to see who can get the most kills.

Like, seriously, just sort the pool of players who are already connected a little better and switch them around between teams. How hard can it be?

Message 5 of 6 (694 Views)

★★★★ Novice

+1. The game needs either ranks in dogfights that will keep pilots with similar skill level in the same pots, or much, MUCH more accurate matchmaking system.

Message 6 of 6 (654 Views)