Ranked Arena's match making is beyond a joke

by OvaTheRainbowTTV

Original Post

Ranked Arena's match making is beyond a joke

★★ Novice

Hello,

Currently plat 1, previously been Diamond 4 mostly solo queuing, even when I was D4 I would get bronze/silver ranked

team mates against good players, such as my last 2 games. https://clips.twitch.tv/ConsiderateTsundereWerewolfTBTacoRight-27k5MudfECM4chUE

How is this even remotely close to being a fair match making system? its * up plain and simple and does my head in.

No matter how hard I try i always get low ranking team mates against good players leaving it pretty much 1v3 all the time...

I really do enjoy arena's but its just a big head * as to why I always get bad and law ranked team mates against skilled and high ranked opponents...Instead of removing

something as small as tap-strafing how about fixing what actually needs to be fixed. its become impossable to climb, +12 per win and anywhere between -12 - -70 per game

Message 1 of 8 (345 Views)

Re: Ranked Arena's match making is beyond a joke

★ Expert

I don't think there's any match-making!

I have close to 8,000 BR kills and less than 1,000 damage in an Arenas game is rare for me. Yesterday I had in my squad a nine-year-old (guessing by his/her GT which had 2012 in it), level 8 with zero kills. They couldn't even run and didn't really engage with any of the fights. They ended up with 34 damage, and we lost.

I am hardly a predator but most games it seems I end up with at least one squaddie who is way below the standards needed to support TMs in a 3v3 killquest. Had one this morning with a Fuse who was more intent on quipping and emoting than actually fighting.

I DID have one game this morning with two very good squads that went down to both the final round and the final 1 v 1 which we won. It was tense and enjoyable and I had to work really hard to get my 7 kills and 2,700 damage, but such games are such a rarity due to the poor MM.

Message 2 of 8 (333 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

yeah solo que is not fun anymore. i am diamond 4 and only get silver 3/4 in my teams. no fun anymore.

Message 3 of 8 (295 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@OvaTheRainbowTTV That's why they hide the rank in-game, but I can see their lvl 15 banner and default skins 🥴
Message 4 of 8 (288 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@OvaTheRainbowTTV Not gonna touch arenas ever again unless there's a free skin/apex pack. If I want my arena shooter fix, I now have a new game, Splitgate. Based from all the posts in the forums about ranked arenas, it seems to be poorly implemented.
Message 5 of 8 (283 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Cheese9Man Same, the only time that I played arenas the most was when they introduced Skulltown for a a week or two. I still don’t get why they keep destroying best spots of their map, they ruined skulltown, they replace a great building in WE with lava, then train station, I bet they will destroy Fragment as well…
Message 6 of 8 (254 Views)

★ Expert
@Cheese9Man I'll check out Splitgate, but I still love playing Arenas even if 50% of the games are frustrating as bleep and the rewards not really worth it.
Message 7 of 8 (244 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'm a hard stuck plat 4 in BR for 2 years with no 4k 20k badge on any legend. The boiling point of this garbage EOMM to me is when I made my way painfully solo queue to plat 4 in the arena, and immediately right off the batch I got to match up with a full-stack (judge from them having the same clan name), 2 of them are diamond and the other was a predator. Meanwhile one of my teammates hasn't even finished the 10 match placement and the other was silver 3. We got owned 3-0, 2 of my teammate dealt a total of less than 200 damage while I at least put up a fight and won a due with that predator and end up with 1k damage

This is not a joke, the game hate player going alone and wanna have some fun. 

Message 8 of 8 (238 Views)