Re: Rank Mode is a joke

by brickmortar

Original Post

★★★★ Guide

same, i don't understand why people play this mode, it's completely unbalanced and the rewards are pure sht (charm+badge, wow, awesome)

the devs are still clueless, i don't get how it's even possible, is it so hard to understand what a good matchmaking is? i mean, if you're solo, you should be put against other solo players, not premade groups, if you're bronze 5, you should play with other bronze 5 players and against other bronze 5 players, if you're dia 1, you should play with other dia 1 players and against other dia 1 players but in apex, everything is mixed, nothing makes sense LOL

Message 11 of 15 (173 Views)

★★ Pro
@Daze623 Ranked is dumb in general.

Bronze/Silver - Play sweaty mcsweat
Gold/Plat - Sit in a corner
Diamond - Sit in a corner with camper gang
Master/Pred - Sit in a corner with sweaty mcsweat

Its why I dont bother going above gold 4

Bronze/Silver are much more like how apex is meant to be played than the upper ranks
Message 12 of 15 (172 Views)

★ Expert
@NaRnIaaa Honestly the only reason I play ranked is that it does have a reward(even though it's not really worth the trouble) and it has a "matchmaking"(I know that it's still messy but it's a bit more equal compared to pub games).
I would play more pub games if it wasn't for the quitters. I usually go down last and when I do clutch it out I hate seeing that I'm alone in the party now.
Message 13 of 15 (162 Views)

Champion

I find ranked is a nice breath of fresh air sometimes from the skill based matchmaking. Although on a whole I think people need more incentives to play ranked mode, especially at the lower levels. I feel like it was a mistake to take away diamond trails as for many players Diamond rank is achievable with enough effort, but now it's not really very rewarding now as all of the badges from each season look more or less the same 🤷‍♂️

Hey there I'm a volunteered Champion! I don't work for EA I just like to help out around the forums, keep the peace and submit ideas to the community.

Did I answer your question? Please leave some tasty XP or even mark as a solution!

Got some QOL ideas for Apex? Add them here: 

Apex Legends QOL Collection

Message 14 of 15 (146 Views)

★★ Guide

I don't usually play ranked but am chasing some challenges, as a solo player its worse than unranked, getting absolutely lasered by level 12 players with 3k badges and 20 bombs, and getting matched with the most unexperienced new players that run off on their own, barely scratch enemies and don't ever use tactical or ultimate.

They really need to raise the level requirement to 50 or more, add in entry cost to bronze.  

Message 15 of 15 (123 Views)