Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Rangers are Under performing

by ikilledabug

Original Post

Rangers are Under performing

★★★★ Novice

Its very clear that the ranger in a group in GM3 is more of a hindrance then help.  I have really only played Ranger and use about 4 Legendary items (have about 15 most dont work with Ranger) and can not find a good fit that keeps up with damage of all other classes.  If you think I am wrong please post some Youtube videos so I can learn what I am doing wrong.  In the mean time I would ask Devs to buff rangers, not nerf any other class.  While this may take time to go through their equipment. I ask for the immediate compromise.  Add inscriptions that matter to the shield skills that are useless right now.  Here is my thoughts

Epic +50% Damage (Can make this 50% to a type of weapon.  50% to combos)

Masterworks +150% Damage

Legendary +300% Damage

When I see the Auto cannon doing 2500 damage per hit and thats my regular shot for a tenth of the ammo and less RPM its easy to see this compromise is reasonable.

Please post your thoughts to help this class out.

Message 1 of 22 (539 Views)

Ranger performance was raised in the last livestream.

I expect some tweaks over the coming months.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 2 of 22 (527 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I don't really use gun build ranger, I go for combo damage. It's pretty good, and the scaling changes helped it - melee damage was basically a primer only prior, the patch increased it by 400% (at least for me).

Ultimate is still like slapping a rock with a wet noodle (with the 700% generator frags it would be a VERY interesting build if your ultimate wasn't basically worthless), but the combo damage and the melee is pretty good.

What I have problems with though is the absolute cluelessness the devs have with this game. They made a single target javelin then quickly they made it also incapable of hurting bosses or shielded enemies alone. If I go into melee range and take the risks, the target shouldn't be blanket immune to my stuff.

Message 3 of 22 (519 Views)

★ Apprentice
I have currently swapped to ranger to boost up his power so youre probably got better gear than i have but i seem to do pretty well/decent but i feel the ranger requires a storm to be more focused on priming then dps, if multiple people had my storm set up the GM3 would be very easy with the ranger however having said that ill share my current build i got going. So weapons i have two Divine Vengeances, by far the strongest weapon for ranger (this is due to fire dmg boost and blast damage which when this weapon procs seems to do both) Abilities i have MW frag grenade to gain ults faster but also can combo huge groups of primed enemies, then i run embers lance which is a spark beam but does fire explosions every hit streak (same as weapon makes a decent dps ability to save ammo) as for components i 2x 50% blast damage, one MW the other epic so they stack and can equip both, i also do the same with the 20% fire damage really boosting all the dps i do by my weapon,abilities and ult. final two components are Tip of the spear to increase combo and regen team health, then defensive bulwark to regain shields. then for the 3 craftable pieces you can attach in lobby i do shield (because i run a few epic to boost dps) Ult damage, because i get ults quite fast and last one i do fire damage. as for rolls on gear i look for anything with fire dmg, faster ult, ult dmg, gear dmg, max shields
Message 4 of 22 (508 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@ZakJamesChester wrote:
for components i 2x 50% blast damage, one MW the other epic 

As far as I know those are bugged (or it's just BW kind of transparency) and they should read:

'Increases blast damage by 50% of base and lowers non-blast damage by -20% of base.' So you are basically nerfing your weapon and ember's lance (probably your combo damage as well, if it's not a set amount).

In your stead I would slap on double combo damage anyway, those are +100% damage each and you can't stack combo damage that easily via inscriptions as all/gear/weapon damage.

Message 5 of 22 (501 Views)

★ Apprentice
well its the weapon and embers lance effect that is the main focus, the weapon still does decent damage but the effect its self is boosted over the top, i dont do GM2/3 because it just isnt worth it time wise with people always dying etc. but GM1 i can kill an ursix or however its spelled within a few trigger presses, the embers lance is also just for enemies that cant be crit shot (turrets etc.) but still allows the very op Proc it has, i just love the fact when all the enemies are group i can crit shot one guy and all the others near are also taking huge dps so essentially in doing constant AOE with every attack. as for combos i dont think its affected and the ranger itself has a high dmg combo for single targets but use the frag and you can hit a huge group of enemies doing huge dmg to each. my problem is no one ever seems to prime targets for me or others which really is the key for GM3 and so a good storm is needed as he can prime groups so very easily. i personally leave the combo to my colossus and that AOE per combo is massive damage and he can boost his combo dmg so very easy but thatd be my dream team
Message 6 of 22 (492 Views)

★ Apprentice
as for the bugged i believe its just impact damage its meant to affect, yeah that affects alot of things sadly but its why my build is focused on everything doing fire,blast or fire explosions to gain the most out of all the boosted effects i have
Message 7 of 22 (479 Views)

★★ Guide

I only play the Ranger, mostly because I like the way the armor looks. I’m only lvl 18, use assault rifles, but I feel like I do well out on missions, etc. I don’t die too often. I’m going after objectives and destroying targets, using combos as often as possible, but more often than not I’m at the bottom of my group for XP earned by end of the match.

Not by much, and usually I can see other members are much higher level than me, but still... is there something I’m doing wrong? Is this the under powered Ranger I’m hearing about or am I just sucking? I saw last night another character, not a Ranger, 3 levels under me, earn slightly more exp by the end. I feel like I’m the weak one. I can’t tell if it’s just me or the Ranger.

Also does going after glowies and other objectives give less exp vs shooting bad guys? 

Message 8 of 22 (423 Views)

★ Guide

@Spiritual-Zombie wrote:

I only play the Ranger, mostly because I like the way the armor looks. I’m only lvl 18, use assault rifles, but I feel like I do well out on missions, etc. I don’t die too often. I’m going after objectives and destroying targets, using combos as often as possible, but more often than not I’m at the bottom of my group for XP earned by end of the match.

Not by much, and usually I can see other members are much higher level than me, but still... is there something I’m doing wrong? Is this the under powered Ranger I’m hearing about or am I just sucking? I saw last night another character, not a Ranger, 3 levels under me, earn slightly more exp by the end. I feel like I’m the weak one. I can’t tell if it’s just me or the Ranger.

Also does going after glowies and other objectives give less exp vs shooting bad guys? 

the xp at the end says nothing how good or bad you have played, its only collecting versatile achievements during the run. you got points for doing combo, melee kills, weapon kills, revive, collecting stuff and so on.

i think each badge can be collected 3 times

so playing objectives can give you less at the and then someone who was fighting and doing other stuff in the time.

Message 9 of 22 (407 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Spiritual-Zombie wrote:

Xp is actually based on the medals so what you do that game, the more medals the more exp, exp isnt really useful as 30 is max and you get there in time. i dont always get the most exp and yet id be carrying the whole team through GM1 but thats because i dont mix up my playstyle for medals as i can just oneshot everything 

Message 10 of 22 (404 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help