Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Ranger's Ultimate, How to Use Properly?

by Banfilidh

Original Post

Ranger's Ultimate, How to Use Properly?

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi guys, my first Javelin was the Ranger and I am level 20 now, however I am not too sure how to use the Ranger's Ultimate Properly?

Things I would like to clarify:

1. When I press X, how do I aim specific targets or spread out my targets?

2. Does using the Ranger's ultimate recharge shields and armor?

3. Can I move the Ultimate targeting display to lock on to more targets?

Appreciate some help and enlightenment. If you know of useful YouTube videos would appreciate it, thanks.

Message 1 of 7 (235 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide

All ultimates recharge shield and armor.

yes, you can move the display to lock on more targets, but for me it is better to isolate a difficult enemy and try to lock all missiles onto as few targets as possible. Wait til all the missile icons disappear (meaning they are locked on) before firing.

Message 2 of 7 (230 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Could someone kind enough make a video to demonstrate how to use the Ranger's Ultimate? I am not certain without graphic examples what we are talking about, sorry!

Message 3 of 7 (226 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Reposter wrote:

Hi guys, my first Javelin was the Ranger and I am level 20 now, however I am not too sure how to use the Ranger's Ultimate Properly?

Things I would like to clarify:

1. When I press X, how do I aim specific targets or spread out my targets?

2. Does using the Ranger's ultimate recharge shields and armor?

3. Can I move the Ultimate targeting display to lock on to more targets?

1. You can't aim for specific targets. Whatever is in the viewfinder gets locked on. 

2. Yes

3. Yes. Move the viewfinder wherever you want, within the time limit. 

Basically. 

1. Activate the ultimate. 

2. Move your stick where you want to fire it, wait for all the lock ons. In the lower right of the viewfinder it shows missile icons of one's that aren't locked on yet. 

3. Fire before time runs out

Message 4 of 7 (209 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Anyone know why sometimes it goes off and takes one second like it was cancelled and other times it takes a couple seconds? Also they need a brief invulnerability period after you fire it like the Colossus has.

Message 5 of 7 (186 Views)

★ Apprentice

I really cant say how many times ulting as a storm has saved my bacon... youre basically a god if you are sitting on a full ult bar

Message 6 of 7 (159 Views)

★ Guide

@Banfilidh wrote:

yes, you can move the display to lock on more targets, but for me it is better to isolate a difficult enemy and try to lock all missiles onto as few targets as possible. Wait til all the missile icons disappear (meaning they are locked on) before firing.

I used to use it for 'swarms' of enemies but I have also started using it as a single target ability. In most cases on my ranger I can 1-2 punch, prime/det trash enemies dead, not so much for big bois and they hurt a lot more in melee range.

Message 7 of 7 (115 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help