Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Ranger build, how u will have fun again

by 1Kinglui87

Original Post

Highlighted

Ranger build, how u will have fun again

★ Apprentice

Hi Freelancer,

If you are a Ranger who is in trouble dealing some dmg, here is what you need in a short version: 

Components:

Crossed Arms MW

Crossed Arms EPIC

Thermal Regulator MW

Thermal Regulator EPIC

2 other components you like and that fits ur playstile.

Gear = Ember lance 

Granade = Sticky Granade 

Weapon = Devine vengeance 

Have fun to destroy everything 

Message 1 of 14 (241 Views)

Re: Ranger build, how u will have fun again

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Swap crossed arms to combo damage and deal even more. You are nerfing your own non-blast damage with those.

We also need to have the scaling formula on gear score - you are guaranteed nerfing your ultimate, combo and melee damage by putting on epics instead of MW/Leg with the lower gear score (beside obviously your shields and armor), but it remains to be seen by how much.

Message 2 of 14 (234 Views)

★ Apprentice

No, this is highest dmg by far.

Message 3 of 14 (227 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@1Kinglui87 wrote:

No, this is highest dmg by far.

Now, that still doesn't mean it's the highest damage possible, does it?

Message 4 of 14 (220 Views)

★ Apprentice

U need the Explosion dmg for York devine vengeance, ember lance, ulti and sticky granade ( iceexplosion)

Message 5 of 14 (217 Views)

★ Apprentice

U need the Explosion dmg for your devine vengeance, ember lance, ulti and sticky granade ( iceexplosion)

Message 6 of 14 (210 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@1Kinglui87 wrote:

U need the Explosion dmg for York devine vengeance, ember lance, ulti and sticky granade ( iceexplosion)

Divine vengeance is impact damage, ember's lance is fire. Both are 40% lower due to crossed arms (it nerfs non-blast damage not impact, the discription is incorrect). Your ulti scales off total gear score now (same as your combo damage and melee), that's why I said we need to formula to actually see.

The need for combo damage components (and why you might not notice the -40% that much) is that damage bonuses are additive - when you have +300% damage a further 100% is only a 25% total dps increase. While your combo deals an awful lot of damage, and +200% (the components give +100% not 50% as mentioned) triples this amount. Just try it, you will have way bigger combos, it will increase your weapon and ember's lance damage as well, and the sticky grenade and ulti is not really useful after GM1 anyway.

Message 7 of 14 (202 Views)

★ Apprentice

Dude

all you wrote is false. Use the components i recommeded and test it urself. The passive of my Devine vengance alone deals 30.000 dmg per hit. The passive of sticky granade oneshots the shield of a scar Hunter, one emberlance charge destroys a Tower without weakpoints. 

The dmg come from the passives of your skills and weapon. Your ulti scales with explosion damage. 

Message 8 of 14 (190 Views)

★ Apprentice
legit feel like you seen my comment on the other ranger post... swap the sticky for frag so you can combo groups at least...
Message 9 of 14 (167 Views)

★ Apprentice
what i posted before on a ranger post..

I have currently swapped to ranger to boost up his power so youre probably got better gear than i have but i seem to do pretty well/decent but i feel the ranger requires a storm to be more focused on priming then dps, if multiple people had my storm set up the GM3 would be very easy with the ranger however having said that ill share my current build i got going. So weapons i have two Divine Vengeances, by far the strongest weapon for ranger (this is due to fire dmg boost and blast damage which when this weapon procs seems to do both) Abilities i have MW frag grenade to gain ults faster but also can combo huge groups of primed enemies, then i run embers lance which is a spark beam but does fire explosions every hit streak (same as weapon makes a decent dps ability to save ammo) as for components i 2x 50% blast damage, one MW the other epic so they stack and can equip both, i also do the same with the 20% fire damage really boosting all the dps i do by my weapon,abilities and ult. final two components are Tip of the spear to increase combo and regen team health, then defensive bulwark to regain shields. then for the 3 craftable pieces you can attach in lobby i do shield (because i run a few epic to boost dps) Ult damage, because i get ults quite fast and last one i do fire damage. as for rolls on gear i look for anything with fire dmg, faster ult, ult dmg, gear dmg, max shields

well its the weapon and embers lance effect that is the main focus, the weapon still does decent damage but the effect its self is boosted over the top, i dont do GM2/3 because it just isnt worth it time wise with people always dying etc. but GM1 i can kill an ursix or however its spelled within a few trigger presses, the embers lance is also just for enemies that cant be crit shot (turrets etc.) but still allows the very op Proc it has, i just love the fact when all the enemies are group i can crit shot one guy and all the others near are also taking huge dps so essentially in doing constant AOE with every attack. as for combos i dont think its affected and the ranger itself has a high dmg combo for single targets but use the frag and you can hit a huge group of enemies doing huge dmg to each. my problem is no one ever seems to prime targets for me or others which really is the key for GM3 and so a good storm is needed as he can prime groups so very easily. i personally leave the combo to my colossus and that AOE per combo is massive damage and he can boost his combo dmg so very easy but thatd be my dream team
Message 10 of 14 (164 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help