Randoms...

by Silz616

Original Post

Randoms...

★★★★ Pro

I've had some fantastic random team mates and some truly woeful ones but here's a fun question,

Why does it seem that most of the time (regardless of level) my team mates don't have a clue, yet the other 59 squads can at least shoot straight? Last night I saw my random team mates melted in seconds. I saw them die to the ring even after multiple pings and warnings. I've seen players with no armour run to the sound of gunfire, alone, die then quit.

Why are these players always on my team? I'm yet to face off against somebody as clueless lol. All the people I shoot at will jump shot n slide. They'll move as a squad and take high ground advantage. Meanwhile, I'm following squad mates across wide open spaces watching them try to take on a sniper, who has high ground, with a prowler while we hear another team ready to pinch us.

Another fun point: If I am respawning you, I will not take you to the nearest beacon no matter how much you ping. That will result in you dropping to your instant death. (I was called an idiot for running from a fire fight between 3 teams, to respawn a team mate at a safer beacon. Screams of "you idiot, the beacon is right there.... NOOOOB"). They probably ran to this forum to demand solos lmao.

This isn't a rant. It's just a fun observation at the utter lack of game understanding. It's not rocket science. I wonder if these same people can open a box of cereal, or poor a hot drink without adult supervision. Mind boggled.... still had tons of fun though.

Message 1 of 35 (1,032 Views)

Re: Randoms...

★★★★ Guide

Dead team mates need to chill on the beacon ping. Like you said, its bot always safe to respawn closest beacon 

Message 2 of 35 (1,024 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

This game is very unbalanced and unfair, you know, like life! 

Message 3 of 35 (990 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Sp4ceb4lls wrote:

You did understand this was light hearted (tongue in cheek) and not a rant right?

I like how every match is different. I'm certainly not blaming the game or anything else for that matter. But some players boggle my mind with decisions they make, and the rants they come up with when they * up.

It can be hilarious sometimes.

Message 4 of 35 (983 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I dont mind bad teammates, i dont have too win. I like to get into interesting situations and trying to fix them.

But i dislike rude people, or bad etiqett people who dont break off in landings or ninja loot without thought. Also getting a little tired of people insisting on skull town when they obviusly cant manage.

Message 5 of 35 (977 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Silz616 wrote:

@Sp4ceb4lls wrote:

You did understand this was light hearted (tongue in cheek) and not a rant right?

I like how every match is different. I'm certainly not blaming the game or anything else for that matter. But some players boggle my mind with decisions they make, and the rants they come up with when they * up.

It can be hilarious sometimes.

Some players have the iq of a glass with water, you know, like in real life, good people, bad people, good tradition, bad tradition!

Message 6 of 35 (957 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@chrisragnar wrote:

I dont mind bad teammates, i dont have too win. I like to get into interesting situations and trying to fix them.

But i dislike rude people, or bad etiqett people who dont break off in landings or ninja loot without thought. Also getting a little tired of people insisting on skull town when they obviusly cant manage.

Oh yes, the skulls drop from people who cannot gunfight. A lot of players aren't interested in winning. They want to shoot people.

Hopefully ranked will be a more play to win mentality and casual will be just that. A casual fun play list.

I was a bit pissy with my last team who ran off as a pair, as the crow flies (they could not stop for a second, or check out the surroundings.. just run run run) to gunfire and we then get immediately pinched. We are fighting in the wide open. I told them running blindly mid map to gunfire was a bad idea after we were wiped lol.

This followed an amazing win with me a random who had got left by a rambo who decided he was dropping where he wants (to die). Nailed the last 2 teams between us.

Message 7 of 35 (955 Views)

★★ Guide

I mostly just want fights, but i dont like skull town fights because half of the time you are left with fists. And you are screwd if someone els finds a peacekeeper.

Message 8 of 35 (931 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Silz616 about the beacon... happen to me once.

i was respawning my team when a squad attack me, then i run a lot (half map) and A LOT, haha running like to add benny hill theme and then other squad appears to attack the squad was chasing me, i can respawn my team after that hahaha.

btw i was lifeline that moment.
Message 9 of 35 (896 Views)

★★★ Expert

Often found myself wondering the same thing.

Got a decent bad to good player ratio today tho, 3 trash games with clueless team mates not responding to appearance of enemies while they kept looting at a stones throw distance while I got ganged up on by all 3 members of enemy squad.

Then 1 game where I had nice team mates, we shredded and won, all three of us pulled our weight in the game.

Last squad camped at water treatment with white armor and no meds/shields.

They sniped at us from the roof, I shot at both snipers with an R301 and dealt 78, and 64 damage to each of them, we closed the distance and got on the roof with an octane jump pad, and I shot at the gibby who sniped me, he was literally at 32 health.

He had plenty of time to heal, he just didnt have any loot. I notice this so much nowadays, camper team with empty bags being last squad.

Meanwhile, we had all purple armor and helmets, I had a gold backpack, gold barrel stabilizer, and fully kitted R301 and Havoc with a turbo.

Free win.

Message 10 of 35 (861 Views)