Re: Randoms...

by DoYaSeeMe

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

I just had an amazing match with two randoms. We started simple and dropped cascades. no one there so we just looted to make our way to the building between cascades and bunker only to get flanked by two squads. Two of my teammates go down so i decide that the best thing to do is get the banners and move along. As Pathfinder I did some real Matrix bullet dodging and time bending moves in order to get the banners and respawn my random teammates. They praised and thanked me which is always appreciated. After that we make our way to bunker and loot some houses and for some dumb reason we go back to the house where we got flanked from. me and a teammate get killed. The last teammate is in the bushes healing himself,Wraith btw. She punches a tunnel and in the middle of a 3 squad fight she pulls off a Matrix time bending movement recovery banner style play and runs away to get us respawned. We get respawned outside the circle and have to run for our lives and make our way to Airbase. Lucky us we had loads of Deathboxes to loot and got ourselfs some decent gear. We make our way to Runoff to hear a firefight. I put up a zipline so we can get on the roofs. We took out 2 squads only to face a last one. My teammates manage to take out two but both get downed. i quickly jumped down and lit the last guy up. She, wraith, is being a Matrix lass and dodges my bullets. i sneak my way inside to revive one of my teammates while the other is outside. He says in the coms ''she's reviving him''. i jump out, grab her with my grapple and blast her right in the mouth! We all cheered in the coms. Good felt that good. We literally got kicked in the dirt the whole game but came out like kings.

TLDR: Me and my team were struggling to survive throughout the match but made an amazing comeback and won.

Now excuse me as i go into Solo queue to get a team that drops Skull Town.....

Message 31 of 35 (213 Views)

Community Manager

@UNIpoke 

That story got me even more pumped up for today. 

Blueberry.png
Message 32 of 35 (192 Views)

★ Expert

Different end of the spectrum here, I got matched up with a duo of decent players.

We moved as a squad, which was a really nice change of paste instead of trying to keep up with a thirsty player that dies in his first gun fight.

Regardless, I kinda grabbed a shield cell by mistake when looting, one he had called for himself….didn’t have my mic plugged in, and I was too lazy to get up and get it.

Needless to say, he was kinda pissy about it, name calling and what not, I quickly dropped it, pinged it, and he finally grabbed it.

We go about our business, we keep shredding, and next thing you know, I’m leading the way, calling the shots sort of speak.

Couple of really smart plays, and we ended up with the win.

He did apologize come end of game, again, no headset on my end, but it was nice to see we could get passed that shield cell incident lol.

Some you win, some you lose, that’s just the nature of playing with randoms, in this case, turned a negative into a positive.

Message 33 of 35 (181 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Gabrielmojo26 Can relate. was in a squad with 2 streamers. Stopped two squads from flanking us while those two were doing their thing. Last guy in the second squad managed to down me. They saved me but they were calling me noob and such not knowing what happened. I'm a support player so i don't really mind. I do more then people sometimes realize and that's okay cause we won the game.

Message 34 of 35 (175 Views)

★★★ Expert

I think bullet dodging and reviving / respawning should be praised more somehow. I had a game where my only teammate, a random Pathfinder revived me like 3 or 4 times, because as soon as I was back on my feet another team jumped us from the bushes. I felt shamefully carried in that game until my teammate was really low and cornered by 2 enemies which I managed to surprise and kill just in time to not die outside the circle (round 2 or 3 @ 25 health). We won that game as a duo, it's the perfect example of how much each kill, revive or respawn matters.

Message 35 of 35 (170 Views)