Re: Randoms/Ranked Thoughts

by neillkorey

Original Post

Randoms/Ranked Thoughts

★★★ Guide

So I have hit the wall at platinum IV. I play solo with other randoms, I'm pretty sure i'm never going to climb out of this rank unless I form a premade. Maybe more people will climb eventually and it will become easier but it's pretty crap right now playing to get top 5 to gain +1 RP or going the kills route which really isn't worth the risk/reward since 3rd partying/4th partying is a massive issue in ranked. I think the RP reward system needs to be changed.

Premades will do nothing but camp until the final circles, I seen 10+ squads still alive going into some of the final circles and the ring changes only add to these issues.The randoms I have been teamed up with don't seem to grasp the concept that this is how the game is played now where people more or less camp and 3rd party from a safe distance when they can.

I have tried to "find a squad" on the forums and in game with no success, people playing at different times and such. It's got me thinking why should I even have to do this , it's ridiculous and a fault on the games part.

It's competitively UNFAIR to put premades against randoms, premades are far more coordinated. If ever there was an argument to be made for adding Solo mode to this game then it's this! I'm pretty certain the majority of the playerbase is comprised of random solo players rather than people running in premade squads. You gotta think who is this game even targeted at and what a really bad design decision it was to limit your audience in such a way.

So many flaws with this ranked system but it still has its moments which keep me playing I guess.

Message 1 of 15 (869 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@BoaFang7 

Complain about third party and camping with 20 teams but want solo where there would be 60 solo people and don’t think 3 parting and camping would be worse that just makes me laugh

social skills are a skill maybe you should work on them and you would be able to make friends so you would have a squad to play with

Message 2 of 15 (848 Views)

★★★ Guide

Insults me then talks about social skills pretty ironic but i'll bite.

Yeah I want solo because premades stomping randoms isn't fun and goes completely against the nature of a competitive ranked system. I can't climb this ranked system without a premade it's that simple, my RP has simply stagnated at 480 platinum.

3RD partying is an issue in the current game which needs to be addressed. Lowering gun shot noizes or whatever they need to do but it's a massive issue in ranked. Do you see how 3rd partying and asking for solos is 2 different issues?

Message 3 of 15 (843 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@BoaFang7 

Dont really see any insults in my comment but to each there own 

I understand they are different but can you see where having 60 solo players would only make the problem worse now if you would have asked for people who que solo to be in a different que than premise squads that would make sense 

Message 4 of 15 (836 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I predict ranked mode gonna die in like one month and players will go back to casual 

Message 5 of 15 (824 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Sp4ceb4lls 

I am loving ranked hot drops are not as fun because once you hit platinum they slowed down a bit but the last gun fight is awesome it is crazy and hectic granted I haven’t played since Sunday I guess things could have changed who knows

Message 6 of 15 (820 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@BoaFang7 I just play the game and let the ranking work itself out. Why do you expect to clime any higher?

The best thing you can do is just play. The better players and squads will go higher up the rankings to leave you to play with less skilled premades or other randoms.

Everybody wants to rush and get a high rank, almost out of a sense of entitlement. I probably won't leave gold, but you know what, I don't care. I want to play players of similar skill. Not to "blag" levelling up and start punching above my weight to get spanked by better players every game. I want to improve, but naturally.

Just accept your skill ceiling and let the game take care of everything else.

Solos? lol. Out of the frying pan into the fire if you think that would improve your gaming experience. It would be a train wreck with more campinging and players being 5th, 6th, and 7th "teamed. Think about what you are asking for.

Message 7 of 15 (772 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Are you guys for real? :D

How can you seriously complain about 3rd partying?

This. Is. Battle Royale. It has always been like this.

You always have to watch your back, even whil you 3rd party them, 4th party is gonna come if you don't watch out :P

Sometimes I think, you will find a complaint about everything, even if it is not a real issue.

Just sayin...

Message 8 of 15 (767 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Agree.  Third partying is a part of the design.  Don’t take the fight if it’s a high possibility of third partying.  Near middle map, out in open for example.  Wait and watch it play out, then engage if multiple party’s are wrapping it up, go mop up the remaining or camp the spawn point.  There are many options other then taking the fight.  Camp it out with Watson on the edge of a circle close.  I have had team after team run in on my teams fortified spot and we killed team after team.  It was more like third party, fourth party, fifth party, and they all went down because of our superior position. Choose your fight and timing well.  That’s ranked meta right now.  Don’t like it?  Go play casual.  

As as far as solos.  I think they would be a blast. Yes there would be issues but it would still be fun to experience.  There is a difference between three teams and 9 individuals fighting so the third partying will be different for sure.  More I play the more I appreciate the team dynamic.  But it does get old when I’m solo Qing and get crap mates.  I hope they at least implement temporary solo modes.  They don’t have to be permanent.  Two o weeks at a time of different variations of the game.   Duos, singles, would be entertaining for other mods too, like zone instant kills you if touched!  That would make me laugh often.  

Message 9 of 15 (742 Views)

★ Guide

No Solos in a game made for a squad, I'm sorry. Frown

Message 10 of 15 (728 Views)