Random disconnect just killed the mood. Good luck without me.

by TMNuclear

Original Post

Re: Random disconnect just killed the mood. Good luck without me.

Community Manager

Hey all, I know it was posted above but if you are seeing issues with disconnections then please take a moment to go through the steps here:  https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

I know that it may look like a lot but it shouldn't take you more than a few minutes to go through. Opening the ports is one of the more important steps and I would also suggest simple things such as powercycling your router which is simply unplugging it for a few minutes.

If you have a UO Trace then I'd be happy to take a look at it for you. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 11 of 21 (1,116 Views)

★★ Novice
I have played over 200 hours never had disconnect issues, neither my girlfriend. Since season 1 either she or me randomly disconnect, though never both the same time, which does not imply connectivity issue from our side of the network. Cannot play 3 or 4 games without one of us being kicked out. Same applies either playing alone or together, so for all I know if it's my internet, I pretty much do. Have tried multiple solutions, also repaired the game, reinstalled the game, forwarding ports, resetting modem, compability modes, adding specific rights to the game and launcher, god knows what. Nothing seems to work.
Message 12 of 21 (340 Views)

★★ Novice
I will then go with the tracing. Thanks.
Message 13 of 21 (335 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yeah, I'm getting tired of the disconnects. Grinding with my regular squad already had two disconnects. Is it really that hard to fix that? Most games don't have that problem. And add the squad reconnect. I mean, GD, it's not that great getting DCed after finding some great stuff and then a disconnect screen. If it keeps happening, I'll not be buying another battle pass and I'll just leave.

Message 14 of 21 (306 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I would like to follow this up. Although I haven't played since back when I posted this, I did notice disconnection issues in multiple other games, which I never had before. I had to factory reset the modem, reconfigure the port forwarding and reset the modem for the port forwarding to actually kick in again. In another case, one of my (old) modems had a port forwarding section in the GUI but the firmware actually did not allow  forwarding it (so it's just for the show). Maybe this might solve your issue.

Message 15 of 21 (280 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I'm sure they'll be just fine without you. 

Message 16 of 21 (267 Views)

★★ Novice
@SixthOTD Thank you for your worthy and precious insight
Message 17 of 21 (261 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@TMNuclear 

Cry I am leaving 2 months later still here neat story bro no one cares that you are leaving just leave already 

Message 18 of 21 (252 Views)

★ Guide

See you around! Please shut the door on the way out, it's a lil' chilly today.

Message 19 of 21 (226 Views)

★★ Guide

Try unistalling Nvidia experiance. That seem to work for my friend. I have also had other games that wont even launch with experience installed.

Message 20 of 21 (220 Views)