Re: Rampart Sheila nerf

by heme725

Original Post

Rampart Sheila nerf

★ Guide

Reduce the amount of Sheilas Rampart can have out at once to 2 as opposed to her current 3.

Message 1 of 10 (1,142 Views)

Champion
@CampletelyCrazy I don't see how much of a difference it makes when she can deploy what like 5 max at a time?

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 10 (1,140 Views)

★ Guide

She can deploy 5 Amped Covers, but only 3 Sheilas

Message 3 of 10 (1,130 Views)

Champion
@CampletelyCrazy My bad I didn't realise what you meant. I doubt it would make much of a difference as she gets back like what 50ish ULT when she picks one back up? And I feel like you'd still get melted they'd just have to be placed better if there two instead of three

Message 4 of 10 (1,070 Views)

@CampletelyCrazy Just wait for KC and the charge towers..

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 10 (1,066 Views)

Hero

Heh she is only legend who is 100% safe to 3rd party and most the times win. There is absolutely nothing to counter her ults being used on teams in a distance but gibby bubble. We all know while gibby is broken good way not a lot play him. So to counter this ult is not possible without running for your life hoping you dont get forest gumped in the butt cheeck. But its 100% unfair for any other legend when it comes to 3rd party and not even being touched by enemy who is fighting another and you over here dropping 175 rounds in someone at any distance. Now i will say the ult is very bad at a certain distance but even if you can land some those shots they are damage. It also spawns way too fast for the power it holds. That thing needs a much bigger ult count down for the damage it does. Fact you can even have 3 at once is even more insane. Meaning the cool down on ult needs greater there should be no point where 3 of those can be launched at once. You have made a god like legend that cant be countered in many ways unless up close and personal. 

Message 6 of 10 (1,037 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@E9ine_AC I can't speak for PC but her Ult isn't viable at a distance on console which you seem to agree with. Doing some damage is nice but a well place Sentinel shot is more useful than Shiela when it comes to third partying a squad from a distance. Rampart is also stationary while using her Ult which is another reason why a sniper is better here. Shiela is far from a "safe" third party Ult.

She's new so I'm still not sure how to use her and I used to have the same opinion of her Ult but it's really underwhelming at a distance. It also makes so much noise that she's become my #1 target when I play as Revenant. Really easy to third party a full team if they're blasting Shiela since they can't hear anything. Still if you want to talk about counters....

-At long range any sniper works well against her if she foolishly hops on her Ult.

-At close range she's vulnerable to Gibraltar and Caustic Ults/traps.

-Bangalore's Ult may be viable against her and can be safely used at a distance.

-Crypto's Emp should be effective against her.

That's all that I can think of for now but we should take some time to figure her out before calling for nerfs.

Message 7 of 10 (983 Views)

Champion
@CampletelyCrazy It isnt the sheila's that are the issue, it is the amped walls. Being able to deploy 5 at a time that take lots of damage to destroy is a bit ridiculous.
Message 8 of 10 (953 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@hayhorheh they are very easy to destroy those walls mean nothing to me when i see a ramp in fact i will rush them and scare the living day lights out that ramp and they fall back. 1 sticky grenade and boom shield done for. The shields are not my issue personally its the high ground with her ult and if has enough ult excel then even more ult on high ground not allowing teams to advance as they would normally killing close combat in the game if she is around.

Also note im speaking as end game Ramp not on drop nothing of the sort but a fully kit out ramp with multiple ults set up at finaly circle. 

Message 9 of 10 (945 Views)

Champion
@E9ine_AC Ok yeah end circle if there is a rampart with position that is so difficult.
Message 10 of 10 (939 Views)