Rampart Changes Summary and Feedback

by CompleatBeet

Original Post

Re: Rampart Changes Summary and Feedback

Champion
@asukojo I think they mean the normal gun run speed which is faster than walking but slower than weapon holstered.
Message 21 of 39 (261 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Wow, that is a spicy buff indeed.

I am looking forward to trying it out and see what it is like to come up against.

I didn't mind the mounted minigun but it was so situational and very difficult to forsee where it makes sense.  Challenging to use but when you get it right it was pretty amazing.

I had *one* game where I setup *three* miniguns for myself and my team mates overlooking the only point of approach with 2 (opponent) squads left.  That was brilliant.  Sadly a very rare one off as the situation was just perfect for it.

- DR

Message 22 of 39 (244 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Use cases:

1. DIE at the DOOR.

You just need to close the door, rat in the corner, and wait for un-suspected victim to get blasted and die as soon it opening the door.

Combo with Caustic gas/wattson fence, your death guarantee to be quick one.

2. Corridor of death

Long tunnel, building, stairs, as soon you peek, you will die.    

They buff her so they can sell her heirloom, and after 2 weeks of community screaming and Respawn get their big money, they will nerf her back to the ground.

Message 23 of 39 (230 Views)

Champion
@asukojo I dont think this change will be that strong. You act like she can pull shiela any time. She cant. People are going to buy her heirloom anyway. Look at revenant. Those couple of weeks every squad had a rev with an heirloom. Now? You barely see them.
Message 24 of 39 (221 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

amped covers are destroyed with ONE shot. that's sucks. useless legend.

Message 25 of 39 (208 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Piabetic Cmon didn't you see the trailer???

I don't think anyone's worrying about that. I hope they aren't.

It will be fun to see how things get shifted up a little bit.  Hopefully, at least, the changes make Rampart players feel like their legend is more fun.  But there's one of the things that make these changes difficult.  Rampart players already think she's fun, that's why they play her.  So I guess I should say, I hope Rampart players get to feel like their legend in more impactful now.  With no changes to the rest of her kit, I don't think the meta is gonna shift any here.

Message 26 of 39 (204 Views)

Champion
@pandareno1999 They want nonrampart players to play her. That is the reason any character gets changed. To raise or lower the pickrate.
Message 27 of 39 (188 Views)

[ Edited ]

@hayhor Unless walking Sheila is OP, I can't see that happening past the first few days.

coincidentally, had an awesome Rampart TM yesterday.  Our third pinged labs portal, we both said "no" and for some reason he went in anyway.  We looted outside, he died, and then we went in and ruled labs for the next ten minutes.  We wiped four squads for 12 kills in there with the help of her walls.  Too bad we lost in the mid game rotation in the mountain passes.

Message 28 of 39 (182 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@CompleatBeet It's just nice to see defensive legends finally getting some love in this game. Hope to use more of Rampart this season! Played Crypto yesterday for a daily challenge and surprisingly won that game. Some legends definitely need the Rampart treatment as well.
Message 29 of 39 (172 Views)

Champion
@pandareno1999 I dont see it either but that is why they do it. The people that main rampart already will continue to do so. They need more playing her tho.
Message 30 of 39 (169 Views)