Re: Rage quitting penalty is back

by jumanjaydazed

Original Post

Re: Rage quitting penaly’s back

★★★★★ Expert
hey mods I just noticed I wrote 'penaly's' instead of 'penalty's' as the title of this thread. Can you replace the wording for me. Much obliged. Stupid half-asleep writing is never good...

I just noticed I can accept my own comment as a solution?! Is this actually possible XD?
Message 21 of 39 (456 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I've left games due to rage. I'm not proud of it, I don't like doing but I will probably do it again. It's not due to "bad squadmates" as I try and help those who are new/inexperienced with the game rather than hurt thier experience by leaving. What makes me rage quit? Energy Weapons. In fact I've stopped playing alltogether (For the second time now) simply due to energy weapons.

I am pretty sick and tired of having full health and full purple armour, doing realy well on gear, ammo and kills only for somebody with a havoc or devotion to kill me in less than a second without any effort at all. They are completely OP to a disgusting degree, it doesn't matter how accurate you are, how well you can move you do tend to get outgunned by somebody rocking one of these. I've outgunned people using them but with very minimal HP when minimal shots hit me. I trade bullets with somebody using a light weapon or even a spitfire and I come out with at least two thirds of my HP.

When that stuff happens to me with energy weapons I rage and I'm gone (Hence why I am gone again until they ballance them) It's worse when you have Pathfinder's broken hitbox rocking one of these weapons...

With that being said though I completely agree with the rage quitting penalty HOWEVER with the current state of "Code:leaf" constantly booting people out of games the penalty being inacted at the moment is a bad idea.

Message 22 of 39 (445 Views)

★★★★ Pro

There should be no penalty because there are to many situations where sitting it out is just wasting your time.  Especially for solo dropping with unknown teammates.  I don't quit often but penalize me when I do will just cause me to go play another game.  It is already bad enough if you are not dropping in a premade squad or at least with a duo that they want you to sit through a situation you know has a low probability to pan out for you to keep playing.

Message 23 of 39 (426 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Koochi-Q wrote:

So... https://www.dexerto.com/apex-legends/apex-legends-finally-adds-punishment-for-rage-quitters-710481/a... I just read it’s back. 3 times quitting equals 5 min ban. 4 times 10 and so on (I think). Opinion, good or bad and why?

it goes both ways for me on this case.

Bad: I will definitely quit if I see that my teammates are pathetic... so if this happends three times in a row, yea...

Good: almost never happends three times in a row

Journalists should report factually and objectively. But in the dexerto.com article linked above, David Purcell writes "The in-game prompt that appears for those looking to exit the action earlier than they should do has been tweaked again, meaning the return of a punishment system." How does he know why someone left an Apex match? Wondering

The whole article comes across like an angry forum post, and I think that people should expect more than that from journalism. A lot of players will just have accepted the way the article reflects their frustrations with players leaving matches rather than the journalist investigating flaws in the game that may be causing players to leave matches.

The article even starts off with "Respawn Entertainment have made another major change to Apex Legends" even though it then says it's re-introducing the feature. So which is it? Confused

What's happening is that players are landing in places where they are likely not to survive long. They die and they leave. Personally I solo drop every single time now and I make a judgements about whether to drop on my teammates or not. But that's not their fault it's the game design. You shouldn't assume that players are getting themselves killed on purpose and instead change the influence or emphasis to surviving. You don't need to punish people into changing necessarily. That's what the author of that article should have said.

Message 24 of 39 (418 Views)

★ Guide

You're doing ok as one that defends the game at all costs. But most of us see right through that.

Message 25 of 39 (405 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Foofer37 wrote:

You're doing ok as one that defends the game at all costs. But most of us see right through that.

Yeah right. Raised eyebrow

Message 26 of 39 (400 Views)

★★ Expert

I mentioned this earlier.... I tested this penalty out last night. Nothing happened.

I tested it at the end of the jump counter. A few seconds into falling, I exited the game. Maybe you need x amount of time in the match before it comes into effect. Not sure how its's set up?

And yes, I explained to my t-mates in each match that I was testing it out. Nobody was salty about it Angel

Heart

Message 27 of 39 (393 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@jumanjaydazed wrote:

I mentioned this earlier.... I tested this penalty out last night. Nothing happened.

I tested it at the end of the jump counter. A few seconds into falling, I exited the game. Maybe you need x amount of time in the match before it comes into effect. Not sure how its's set up?

And yes, I explained to my t-mates in each match that I was testing it out. Nobody was salty about it Angel

Heart

Which server was this on?

Message 28 of 39 (382 Views)

Champion

This is a very good thing. I'd up the ban time myself. As far as judging how good someone is before the game starts- If they only use one character and someone picks it they wont look good on the others.

Also, the respawning works if you get them a gun and ammo to use right away. If you are selfish you probably dont do that well on here.

Message 29 of 39 (371 Views)

★★ Expert
@warslag pretty sure it was on the China main server, maybe even Singapore. Can't recall cause I was testing game play over every server yesterday. Comparing gamer styles.....Yeah, I was bored.

FYI Singapore server is crazy for solo's and trolls. Pretty funny! Japan was fun. NA was basically mute. China, usual hacks(my main server). Australia was good. Dudes I played with there were really polite compared to most servers.
Message 30 of 39 (366 Views)