Re: PS4 Requires option to mute all incoming Voice Chat audio.

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Re: Racist on PS4 still not getting banned even after In game Report

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@Jungle-Beard wrote:

@EA_Atic wrote:

Hey everyone,

Reporting player for abuse is done on the platform it happen on and this case its on Playstation.

We have a article here, that tells how you can report players for in-game abuse: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/

/Atic

I can't help but laugh, as EA has been hosting titles on SONY for years now, and are blatently aware that SONY does not handle in game issues.

But I went ahead and contacted Sony Support, which they then forwarded me to Sony's Legal Suport. There is now a case for Apex Legends allowing Racism to spread over voice chat in game.

Congratulations! I don't understand though... Did you chat with someone from Legal? Yes or no? What is the next step?

Sadly, I now realize that the solution another PSN agent gave me yesterday was probably *...

Message 61 of 69 (574 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Jungle-Beard wrote:

@-KG-Kajautus wrote:

Even though I don't approve racism. This is how you should deal with it.

Right, so ignore it like the world did *.  Ya that worked out so well...

Sad state of affairs when people would rather let Racism and Homophobic slurs get spewed than doing something about it...

Every post that is "just ignore" may as well say I support secretly, hence why I don't want to do anything about it. 

Stupid people on an online game is not the same thing

as the racism in the real world, it's just not.

90% of people on an online game say stuff like this

to A. just * people off, get a reaction. B. Possibly

don't fully understand what there saying.

I agree that these players should receive a

punishment for it, but to let it get to you this badly

just means you have a thin skin my friend.

And your not alone, a crap ton of the new "Generation"

has thin skin and will take offense even at something

that is obviously intended as comedy.

Moral of the story?

Report them and move on man,

even if you get placed with them, report it,

mute them and move on.

Message 62 of 69 (567 Views)

★★★★ Guide

So let me get this straight.

On the PSN network there is an option that you can have your own voice not recordable on someone else's capture?

So if I capture gameplay their voice is muted by them as an option? 

Message 63 of 69 (566 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@Jimmahwd wrote:

On the PSN network there is an option that you can have your own voice not recordable on someone else's capture?

I'm not sure about that... I think I managed to record someone, but I'll have to do some test...

As for the guy who said "report and mute", the core of the problem is that nobody is taking or monitoring reports on PS4.

Also, "emotional weakness" like some people like to refer is a totally different thing than "political correctness". Political correctness can be dangerous and simplistic, but "emotional weakness" isn't more prevalent today than it was before. First, I think "emotional weakness" is insulting, secondly, I know for a fact the previous generations weren't systematically and globally tougher.

The fetishism for "real men" and "tough guys" is dangerous. I read that alpha males were more prone to suicide, so I don't think "toughen up" is a good solution, unless you want people to risk becoming psychorigid and apathetic.

Message 64 of 69 (559 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Bowi_QC wrote:

Congratulations! I don't understand though... Did you chat with someone from Legal? Yes or no? What is the next step?

Sadly, I now realize that the solution another PSN agent gave me yesterday was probably *...

Yes, the next step is to see what EA does on our end. I'mo Sony is probably going to reach out to them to "clear up" EA's misunderstanding about their contractual agreements. 

@Jimmahwd wrote:

Yes, there is an option on the PS4 that does not allow others to record your voice while broadcasting or recording.  Of course this only works for recordings done on the console. If you have a external camcorder and have it recording the television it obviously will still capture it, however since you don't have that users permission to record, it can backfire on you legally.  

The only people who have a legal recording of all the voice chat in game is EA. The one company who is refusing to anything about the issue.  Even Sony does not have access to EA's servers, so they can't do anything about it when in game.  However if it was through a PSN party, Sony could pull up that parties chat log and take the appropriate actions. 

This is why we Need EA to start upholding their EULA when it comes to such slurs on the Console. 

Message 65 of 69 (553 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Jimmahwd wrote:

Yes, there is an option on the PS4 that does not allow others to record your voice while broadcasting or recording.  Of course this only works for recordings done on the console. If you have a external camcorder and have it recording the television it obviously will still capture it, however since you don't have that users permission to record, it can backfire on you legally.  

The only people who have a legal recording of all the voice chat in game is EA. The one company who is refusing to anything about the issue.  Even Sony does not have access to EA's servers, so they can't do anything about it when in game.  However if it was through a PSN party, Sony could pull up that parties chat log and take the appropriate actions. 

This is why we Need EA to start upholding their EULA when it comes to such slurs on the Console. 

Don't take this the wrong way but who or where are you getting the legalities above?

As with Xbox Live you can easily record everything that is said in game. Same with any capture card on a PC.

There are thousands if not millions of vids out there of random voice recordings in game. Some youtubers make money from this. 

I yet to hear of any legal cases regarding voice recording in game. 

Message 66 of 69 (536 Views)

EA DICE Team
Closing the thread, for derailing the thread and going into the legal conversation. 

As I stated in my previous post, it's up to the platform owner to handle any in-game abuse.

/Atic 
Message 67 of 69 (518 Views)

PS4 Requires option to mute all incoming Voice Chat audio.

★★ Guide

Since EA is refusing to do anything about Racists shouting out racist comments via voice chat.

Please add an in game option to disable all in game voice audio.

Currently, you are forced to listen to Racist voice comments until you get placed in the drop ship, which then you can finally mute the player in question.

For an entire 2+ minutes, you are forced to listen to this, with no ability to turn it off without turning off all in game audio.

Sony can not handle this issue ether, as they do not have access to EA's servers.  

Sony case # 32986658

Message 68 of 69 (500 Views)

Re: PS4 Requires option to mute all incoming Voice Chat audio.

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are not having fun with the game @Jungle-Beard.

As we have advised on other threads, if you are playing on PS4 and come across a user who is verbally abusive then you need to report it to Sony's PS4 support by following the steps in their help article: https://www.playstation.com/en-ie/get-help/help-library/my-account/parental-controls/how-to-file-a-c...

Sony are the only people who can action users on their platform who are abusing the PS4 chat function.

I am merging your various threads together, please do not continue to recreate multiple threads on this topic such as this as they will be locked and action taken.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 69 of 69 (2,011 Views)