Re: Racist on PS4 still not getting banned even after In game Report

by VPPTrue

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Racist on PS4 still not getting banned even after In game Report

★★ Guide

A user who goes by the name of Gov*******ney,  has been spewing Racist and Homophobic hate since day one over voice chat.  Sadly, every 100 games or so, even though I got this clown PSN blocked, the game decides to pair us up.   

I've reported him to support nearly a dozen times already. I've reported him yesterday using the in game report. And yet today, once again, I get paired up with this Racist Homophobic. 

On the PS4, users can manually edit so that Microphones can not be recorded.  This seems to also effect the in game report recording, as EA has still done absolutely nothing.

How freaking long is EA going to allow public Racism and Homophobic slander?

This is absolute BS....

Message 1 of 69 (1,970 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: PS4 Requires option to mute all incoming Voice Chat audio.

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are not having fun with the game @Jungle-Beard.

As we have advised on other threads, if you are playing on PS4 and come across a user who is verbally abusive then you need to report it to Sony's PS4 support by following the steps in their help article: https://www.playstation.com/en-ie/get-help/help-library/my-account/parental-controls/how-to-file-a-c...

Sony are the only people who can action users on their platform who are abusing the PS4 chat function.

I am merging your various threads together, please do not continue to recreate multiple threads on this topic such as this as they will be locked and action taken.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 69 of 69 (1,972 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

★★ Guide
Can you mute people on ps4?
Message 2 of 69 (1,957 Views)

★★ Guide

@VPPTrue wrote:
Can you mute people on ps4?

Only once it loads to the drop ship.  

So for an entire 2+ minutes, you still need to listen to it.

Message 3 of 69 (1,953 Views)

★ Guide
Man wtf happened to society? Those memes about people from the internet today not surviving cod:modern warfare voice chat lobbies are absolutely correct.

Not saying it's right but come on, it's just words. Move on by letting it get to you you give him the power and reaction he wants.

Message 4 of 69 (1,949 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@denial1877777 wrote:
Man wtf happened to society? Those memes about people from the internet today not surviving cod:modern warfare voice chat lobbies are absolutely correct.

Not saying it's right but come on, it's just words. Move on by letting it get to you you give him the power and reaction he wants.

It has nothing to do with me. But when children are playing the game, and get stuck in the same lobby, it's a real issue.  

If someone went up to your kid, and started to spewing this crap, and the child couldn't avoid it, you'd be pissed as well.  Ignoring the issue only makes you an accomplice.

And so far all EA has done is help promote Racism and Homophobia by giving users a platform to spew it out, and doing nothing about it. 

Message 5 of 69 (1,948 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

hmm, When I get abusive, salty or toxic players, or overall his background is too noisy, I just mute them, never left a game for this, just mute them and ignore them.  It will be just one game.

Message 6 of 69 (1,937 Views)

★★ Guide

@N0rth_W_ wrote:

hmm, When I get abusive, salty or toxic players, or overall his background is too noisy, I just mute them, never left a game for this, just mute them and ignore them.  It will be just one game.

Just one game?  When I've gotten paired with him at least a dozen times, that's not 1 game.

Ignoring the issue only makes    you an accomplice. 

Message 7 of 69 (1,931 Views)

★ Guide
My kid has grown up listening to it on xbox.... What do you mean??? The difference i guess is I taught him how to handle WORDS and not get caught up in idiots ranting. I don't try and bubble wrap his world, i teach him how to live in the world we have.
Message 8 of 69 (1,928 Views)

★ Guide
"
My kid has grown up listening to it on xbox.... What do you mean??? The difference i guess is I taught him how to handle WORDS and not get caught up in idiots ranting. I don't try and bubble wrap his world, i teach him how to live in the world we have."

Even though I don't approve racism. This is how you should deal with it.
Message 9 of 69 (1,924 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@-KG-Kajautus wrote:

Even though I don't approve racism. This is how you should deal with it.

Right, so ignore it like the world did *.  Ya that worked out so well...

Sad state of affairs when people would rather let Racism and Homophobic slurs get spewed than doing something about it...

Every post that is "just ignore" may as well say I support secretly, hence why I don't want to do anything about it. 

Message 10 of 69 (1,914 Views)