RUX now apparantly stand in for lawn of doom event

by pandareno1999

Original Post

RUX now apparantly stand in for lawn of doom event

[ Edited ]

They have apparently decided to dispense with the sleepy bat and just have Rux sell previous lawn of doom customizations.  I haven't logged on to see the cost yet.

Opinions?

I rather liked taking hot rod chomper out for a stroll to eat a champion for a free customization every day.  There are a heck of a lot of these hats, 27 in total if I remember correctly - two for each class except scientist who only got one.  Just offering a couple of them from Rux for large sums of coins seems like not such a great deal to me, though I will certainly buy them if they are offered (I can't remember if I have them all, I suspect that I do).

All the recent changes to Rux seem like a wolf in sheep's clothing to me.  Shoving Rux right in our faces upon startup was the first clue for me, though it sounds like they are going to change this based on negative feedback.  It's being sold to us as helping fill the sticker book but, especially for newer players, it's starting to look a lot more like a coin grab to me. 

Bring back the old format for holiday events.  Players shouldn't have to pay lots of coins for something that used to be free with just a minor effort.

Message 1 of 10 (1,045 Views)

Re: RUX now apparantly stand in for lawn of doom event

★★★★★ Expert

Yep... I agree... hadnt discovered the game this time last year and was looking forward to the wee quests I had seen on videos and heard folk talk about.

The hats are 150,000 each... which is quite a lot unless you really like them I guess.... bought 2... they are ok

27 Shocked ohhhhhhhhhhhh....

I'd rather do quests for them for sure.

Aye Rux.... can shoot his boombox... but I sure wish you could shoot him too Large smile

Message 2 of 10 (1,003 Views)

★★★ Guide
Do not know how to feel, honestly. Would packs be better with chances? Rux appears twice a week, but how will it help with sticker book wise?
Message 3 of 10 (999 Views)

Well, in a way it doesn't help the sticker book.  As these stickers are only added after getting them, it depends on what one considers complete.

As for Rux's location, popcap hinted that they have heard the negative feedback and will move him to a better place with some patch that is supposed to go in this month.

Message 4 of 10 (992 Views)

[ Edited ]

150K PER HAT????

Weren't the sticker packs offered in the past something like 50-100K coins for five items or such?

At least these are among the cooler customizations in the game, so are worth spending some coins on.  Apparently I already have them all.

Message 5 of 10 (991 Views)

★★★ Guide
Either they were free with every pack bought (could be thinking of the spring event?) or they were a 100k. Personally would like to see a free piece with every pack as that would be better price wise and for completing the stickerbook instead of waiting for rux to change.
Message 6 of 10 (980 Views)

I might cough up the 150K for Bactus on my low level account.

Message 7 of 10 (974 Views)

Champion (Retired)
I’m still at work. What?!?!? Are you kidding me? Not cool at all.
Message 8 of 10 (949 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@pandareno1999   

I agree completely. It’s not summer holiday anymore so I don’t have that much time to play in order to get absurd number of coins. If it was a quest per day, it would make things much easier. I am a recent player(started playing mid August) and this doesn’t help at all... If Rux only sold exclusive items, then fine, but now, I will probably have to wait until next year in order to get these halloween stickers.

Message 9 of 10 (918 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

The yard quests are certainly more engaging than just buying them from Rux. Honestly I would have preferred it to be both the bat mini-quests and Rux selling the Halloween stuff to let people choose which to do or to do both if they want. 

While I don't pretend I speak for everyone the general feeling I get from the community is that we want MORE interactivity and special events in the game and especially the backyard, not less. I feel that while the game has overall been improving this is not one such improvement and I would like to see more of these quests, seasonal or no, instead of just selling things at Rux. 

Message 10 of 10 (895 Views)