RP and AP Thought

by Asmodeus566

Original Post

RP and AP Thought

[ Edited ]

Apex is a team game with lots of plyer individuality. Emphasis is currently placed on individual skill. RP is awarded for Kills and assists and of course placement.

How many times have you had a game that you thought oh nooooooo we are out of it and a teammate pulls through with a res that leads to your win or even the double respawn that gets you to top 5 or the win. 

Wait a minute reviving and respawning teammates does not give RP. Well maybe it should, this would encourage team play a lot more, make it a little bit more worth it to go back and get that downed player and or their card for respawning.

As far as AP goes the point system is not clear on how it is calculated but I still think that somehow revives could be added into the calculation.

How many of you agree that RP should be awarded for revives and respawns? 

Happy Friday.

The needs of the many,
outweigh the needs of the few or one. --Spock--

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Please note: I am a community volunteer – I do not work for EA.
Me Too – If you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button.
XP – For helpful comments (and to help others 'level up').
Mark As Solution – To help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future.
Message 1 of 22 (388 Views)

Re: RP and AP Thought

★★★ Pro

Totally agree.

As a medicore player I get carried more often than I should.  Having said that...

There have been plenty of games where I jump into action and come through in a clutch make or break moment.  Revive of good player, taking out an opponent that is sneaking up on rest of squad, whatever.

You get jack for that.  Not really right.  It's not all about kills but it's what we all strive for.  But, you're right, the team component is overlooked.  Even if you don't have the most damage/kills the use of your abilities and the like may create those opportunities that can be exploited.  That has value.

- DR

Message 2 of 22 (379 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I do not agree. It is already known that squads will collude and abuse respawns for kill/AP farming. Adding additional sources of AP to the respawn mechanic will only reward that behaviour further.

Coming back from a bad situation should not have the potential to be more rewarding than preventing a bad situation. If there are any benefits to purposely letting your team bleed out, people will use it.

Message 3 of 22 (366 Views)

[ Edited ]

@cooperal1012 

I understand what you are saying and people will abuse things either way.

The thought here is rewarding players for team play. Currently there is little incentive for revive respawn. 

I know of countless times I have saved, Revived or respawned teammates where we were in a bad situation from the start. Hot drop teammates down, collected badges and respawned them. Rotated around the map picked up KP and placed top three. I could have decided otherwise and maybe ratted my way to top 10 or 5 all alone. Incentivizing revives makes sense as the whole team could profit from it. 

Issues with abusing a system will always be there as there are enough people that will and or look for ways to play unfairly. 

The needs of the many,

Mark As Solution – To help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future.
Message 4 of 22 (357 Views)

[ Edited ]

@EA_David 

Thanks for the XP.

Food for thought see what happens.

Keep up the hard work improving the game.

The needs of the many,

Message 5 of 22 (354 Views)

★★★ Pro

@cooperal1012 wrote:

I do not agree. It is already known that squads will collude and abuse respawns for kill/AP farming. Adding additional sources of AP to the respawn mechanic will only reward that behaviour further.

Coming back from a bad situation should not have the potential to be more rewarding than preventing a bad situation. If there are any benefits to purposely letting your team bleed out, people will use it.

@cooperal1012 OK.  So just to be clear.  What you appear to be saying is "There should be no RP incentives for good team play because people will abuse it like they are now with Kills/AP farming".  Is this correct?

In that case, get rid of all RP bonuses for kills/etc and make it purely where you finish in the match.  That will solve the problem then right?

- DR

Message 6 of 22 (342 Views)

@RockDokRock Rock that is just one great reply.
Not serious here because I like team play one could avoid both issues of possible abuse Kill/AP farming and respawn/revive farming by making the game solo only. No teammates to be farmed one way or another.

Seriously supporting your team should be rewarded and that is performed in more ways than just getting KP.
The needs of the many,

Message 7 of 22 (335 Views)

★★★ Pro

@Asmodeus566 wrote:
@RockDokRockRock that is just one great reply.
Not serious here because I like team play one could avoid both issues of possible abuse Kill/AP farming and respawn/revive farming by making the game solo only. No teammates to be farmed one way or another.

Seriously supporting your team should be rewarded and that is performed in more ways than just getting KP.

@Asmodeus566 I was being sarcastic.  Just putting the statement in plain terms and showing that it can be viewed as a bit absurd.  My solution will, of course, work but I doubt it's what people want.  People will aways find ways to abuse mechanics/rules so I don't see much point in punishing everyone because of the selfish few.

Just reward for good team play.  I agree.

- DR

Message 8 of 22 (330 Views)

[ Edited ]

From a previous post of mine. 

Well I know this might be long. I am not the best Apex player nor the worst and I have good and bad days and I have slowly come to the conclusion and really think ranked for both BR and Arenas needs to be updated/fixed. I have been playing since season 1. 

Please do not take the below suggestions to literally they are a starting discussion point only and keep in mind "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one"

The concept of the game in BR ranked is team play whether you are playing with friends or solo jumping with randoms. I get the concept of the current ranked points system and feel that it is decent however team play is not rewarded at its fullest. so here are a couple of serious suggestions for making a decent system possibly better.

1, Remove the placement multiplier for kills.

2. Keep placement RP award as is.

3. Award 15 RP for each kill.

4. Award 8 RP for each assist .

5. Award 5 RP for each revive.

6. Award 10 RP for each re-spawn.

7. RP for kills and assists capped at 75 RP per game.

8. RP for revive or re-spawn capped at 45 RP per game.

9. keep the ranked entry cost the same or make them slightly more expensive seeing as points could now be gained for revive/re-spawning also.

10. Remove rank protection. 

I also seriously think the BR ranked experience would benefit from players only be in ques either one rank above or below their current rank and should only be playing against players one rank above or below them only.

I think the above might be something that works. again this is a team game and helping downed teammates can go a long way towards winning a game and should be awarded. not all players are great assault players but sometimes they are that great support player and getting the res off to keep the team going just like some legends.

Now on to Arenas ranked. I really like me some arenas it helps keep you sharp in cc skills and  I use non- Ranked Arenas as a firing range so to speak. what a great way to warm up. however the ranked arenas point system is not well done or well balanced or whatever, it does not work. I think that the AP system needs to be made clear as far as points awarded goes, this hidden MMR and AP award system is way too ambiguous. Again this is a team game concept and team play should be rewarded.

1. Add a ranked cost starting at silver that increases at each higher rank. IDK say 20/25/35/40/45?

2. No rank protection.

3. Award team that wins the Arena game AP. lets say 60 AP.

4. Award team AP for each match won in a game whether the team won the game or not. 5 AP per match?

5. Award player individual AP for kills and assists. 5AP each?

6. Award player individual AP for revives. 5 AP each?

As with the BR Ranked I also seriously think the Arena ranked experience would benefit from players only be in ques either one rank above or below their current rank and should only be playing against players one rank above or below them only.

I think something like this would allow players that perform well even if their team ultimately loses be able to still gain AP. I mean it is really frustrating when you get 8 kills 1400 or more damage a revive and when you lose the game all you get is AP loss.

let me know what you think and if someone who reads this has a way to flag highlight or suggest the read to a DEV please do so, what the worst that can happen they laugh at my suggestion.

See you on KC/WE/Olympus or in the Arenas I will probably be the one you just eliminated or maybe not Wink

The needs of the many,

Message 9 of 22 (315 Views)

@RockDokRock Rock I understood you completely and thought your reply was spot on and very amusing.
The needs of the many,

Message 10 of 22 (312 Views)