RIP Lifeline

by maximas1986

Original Post

RIP Lifeline

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

at this point we can all agree that lifeline is officially dead , right ? 

who is going to use the useless lifeline when we have someone who can revive while having a shield ,drag fallen teammates out of tight situation and from what I've seen from the trailer it looks faster revive.

not to mention having another shield deployed at the back with front shield and maybe behind another fortress of huge barrier, combine this with a Gibby dome shield and you will have an immortal squad.

I can see lifeline and castle in the same squad with LL going for the revive and castle shout " hands off you silly girl, I got this " 

lifeline go back and cry in the corner 😩

Message 1 of 38 (661 Views)

Re: RIP Lifeline

★★★★ Expert

lifeline thinking about finding a new career after she saw castle's abilities 😂

1. cheeky-apex-legends-lifeline-trick-creates-a-perfect-death-trap-main.jpeg
Message 2 of 38 (643 Views)

Champion
@maximas1986 I wouldn't necessarily say "dead". Personally, I'll have to see how NC plays when it releases, but I feel like I'm still going to prefer the ability to initiate a rez, and be able to continue shooting/defending while the rez happens. I could potentially change my opinion after he is released and I can play a bit, but I still prefer LL over Gibby healing, myself. Only time will tell!

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

"Play me online? Well, you know that I'll beat you.
If I ever meet you, I'll control-alt-delete you!"
Message 3 of 38 (634 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@dSKyNafinchin i can't say that I disagree with you , I am a lifeline main since pre season with over 22 k kills with her but until now I still feel like I am playing in hard mode when I play her after Playing any other legends for a day or two.
so imagine having this relief of having all around cover from the perspective of a support legend player when playing castle compared to lifeline.
people who play support do it because it is something they like to do and it comes with a feeling of responsibility so why to do it with hard difficult when you can do it in an easier way
Message 4 of 38 (627 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

With Newcastle’s passive being LL’s old passive but better and the introduction of smart lootbins making LL’s ult almost worthless, Respawn murdered her today. A lot of rumors floating around for a Lifeline rework. My guess would be mid-season like the Wattson, Rampart and Crypto soft reworks. 

Wattson and Crypto got their heirlooms with a big buff but I doubt they’ll buff Valk during the release of her heirloom next month. Lol. 

Message 5 of 38 (605 Views)

Champion
@dSKyNafinchin Finally someone else who sees it the same way as me. Trailers ALWAYS make new legends look stronger than they are. In the trailer Newcastle somehow has the foresight to see path going do in the future so he magically places his tactical shield behind him and that helps protect him. 99 times out of 100 that doesn't happen and octane murders him from behind.

Lifeline can shoot back while her teammate is rezed plus she has a heal drone and a way to get instantly better shields for teammates. I'd much rather play with a good lifeline than a guy who builds forts.
Message 6 of 38 (598 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Cheese9Mani still think that the only way to buff lifeline is what I mentioned before that she as a support legend is to give her half shield and health filled with every successful revive to keep her going , that will also encourage LL players to go for that risky revive in the middle of cross fire.
not to mention the disadvantage of tapping the revive button that will put her in disadvantage and without a weapon for a second which is enough to almost destroy her.
also the useless , stationery,slow DOC that stop working every time it get shot , I don't know why they made it like this but it's stupid and make sense at the same time 😋

Message 7 of 38 (582 Views)

★★★ Expert

Once Wattson mains like me, pretty much saying:

TOLD

YOU

SO

Message 8 of 38 (580 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@maximas1986Dang, props on the LL kills!! Definitely a valid viewpoint/opinion. I have always had LL as an S-tier, personally. Especially with the addition of the rez/shoot ability. That ability alone, is more enticing to me than a lot of other abilities/passives. People like to push immediately after knocking 1 member of the enemy team. When I'm running LL and my mate/mates get dropped, I hit the rez, pop DOC, and lay down suppressive fire (I like to run LMG's when playing support roles), which almost always stops their push. There are definitely squads (higher skill squads) that will push through it, but most of the time, when I crack 1-2 of them, they back off to heal, which allows my team time to get back to full strength. I can't do that with Gibby, and likely won't be able to pull it off with NC. I'm definitely looking forward to checking him out, and seeing how he plays, but LL will probably still be my go-to support Legend.

Also, I don't know if I'm too keen on granting 50% health/shields when rez'd by LL, because that would directly negate the gold backpack for her. Only things I can think of, I put just below in my response to the Big Cheese, but you definitely have more LL experience than me, by a long shot!!

@Cheese9ManOut of curiosity, are there any rumors about what the rework could possibly include, for LL? Personally, I would increase the AoE for the DOC drone, and maybe slightly decrease the drop time of her ult, but other than that, I feel like she still has a really powerful kit, in regards to her support role.

@hayhorI've been confused by the LL hate, especially when people say Gibby is a better LL. What?! I get that he can heal a little faster inside his bubble, but the bubble is an ability that has to cooldown, severely limiting the impact of the ability. As LL, I can use my rez ability at any point, at any location on the map, repeatedly, on both teammates at the same time, whilst maintaining the ability to engage in a fight. Gibby just doesn't compare, imo. To each their own, though. I'll reserve my judgement of NC until after he launches, but I personally don't see him bumping LL on my personal tier list

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

"Play me online? Well, you know that I'll beat you.
If I ever meet you, I'll control-alt-delete you!"
Message 9 of 38 (564 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@hayhor to be honest , after playing support for this long I can say that now I can almost always predict if my teammates are going to need me so I change my position to get closer to the weak teammates and ready to deploy the DOC or to tap revive when it's needed.
same things for Wraith as example who can suddenly start making a portal when they feel it's needed even before that actually happened, or Gibby with his bubble
Message 10 of 38 (561 Views)