Re: RIP Lifeline

by E9ine_AC

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

I've asked for 1-3 for a year or whatever. So those three are good. The ult thing is an improvement but it's still useless, like already mentioned, you have Loba who can access everything every minute (including no limit on ammo) and when they keep adding dumb NPC nonsense that upgrade your loot, which you don't have to wait 3.5 minutes for either, they just water-down the use of Lifeline's ult even further. The last ult nerf should also be reversed. The "guaranteed upgrade" was a horrible nerf, as the only thing the ult was good for was so a freshly respawned teammate could get access to instant purple armour instead of the blue it will give him post-nerf.

Bottom line: It's not enough.

Message 31 of 38 (185 Views)

Champion

Why do we keep comparing loba and lifeline? Lobas ult is useless if there is no loot in the area. And it doesn't generate upgrades on stuff the team has. Lifelines ult timer has been way too long for awhile now and should probably be shortened further.

Message 32 of 38 (171 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@hayhorIt is comparable because both deliver loot. If in a fight you can pop loba ultimate and loot the death boxes of your third party who died. Lifeline you have to wait for the ult to even drop on the ground and pray it has an armor on it. One takes 3-4 seconds to get a armor another takes 20+ seconds.

Then you have one that pops much much quicker than the other. Lifeline will not only have a 3 min 30 second cool down which in reality equals roughly 3 mins and 40-45 seconds due to drop time taking so long. Loba ultimate covers quite a large area so finding loot on it 7 out 10 times will be a thing. So not only will lifelines ultimate possibly not grant you what exactly you need but you have to wait for it to even drop. 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 33 of 38 (167 Views)

Champion
@E9ine_AC Lifelines ult has never been meant for heat of battle. That's an issue in itself. And I've said many times on here her ult should be a crate she places down with the stuff in it instead of the wait. That coupled with a larger effective unlimited healing radius would be her extremely OP.
Message 34 of 38 (158 Views)

★★★ Expert

I honestly couldn't care much less, mainly because so many other characters are trashed, there's no way Respawn is bringing back parity to their game.

Wake me when they make Wattson playable.  Until then, they can make Lifeline have infinite resurrect and I won't be bothered.

Oh, wait, I have an IDEA:

Why not make Lifeline FLY

And have a reveal meta ability!

And an area damage ability!

All plus what she already has.

Message 35 of 38 (153 Views)

★★ Expert
@E9ine_AC I literally only use the thing as newb-bait late game. Put it in a killbox where we have elevation above it, then kill the fools that come to try and loot it.
Message 36 of 38 (144 Views)

★★ Expert
@KelRiever Dude, I get it, you hate Valk. EVERYONE KNOWS.

Stop beating the dead horse, you spamming the forums is not going to make EA get rid of one of the top skin sellers.

Your only hope is they remove the scout stuff and make her an attacker like she should have been in the first place.
Message 37 of 38 (140 Views)

★★★ Expert

@Kyldenar You know what's weird? I actually like Valkyrie.  But there's no way her kit isn't OP compared to nearly every other character is the problem.

I mean, you add her, let's say keep her as she is, and you have a character in the game like Wattson who is OBVIOUSLY crushed with the presence of a character like that, and you need to buff that character.  Really like about 10 characters.  I do not mind interesting and powerful abilities, but I do mind when they are an obvious imbalance to the game.

With Valkyrie the way she is?  Make Wattson's ultimate shoot her down at up to 250 meters range, at like 50 damage per second while she's even an inch aloft.  That'd be at least heading the right direction.  Her fences will still be near useless but at least you are coming up with an actual counter to an OP ability.

Message 38 of 38 (136 Views)