Re: RIP Lifeline

by dSKyNafinchin

Original Post

★★ Expert

@Axs5626Sxa5001 wrote:
@maximas1986

Fact 1) Having a healer/medic can be difficult to balance, and if said character is very strong, they instantly become a must pick.

Fact 2) When your healer/medic is actually under-powered, it’s a slap in the face to the people who want to support their team.

I’m not a game coder, so I don’t know how difficult the role is. But I have played a multitude of other games that have done better jobs at managing healing roles and or abilities. Respawn is definitely missing the mark on this character right now and it’s a disservice to people who invested time and money to the legend.

This is a valid point in both online video games, and tabletop RPGs as well.

Every D&D group has a cleric or other healer. It was required. 4th edition tried to get away form that by letting everyone have some self healing, and it went over like a led ballon, so Clerics and Druids are once again dang near required in every party.

Guild Wars 1 had everyone looking for Monks. They took monks away in GW2, everyone could heal, but the second classes got better at it for teams, they became meta (right now, Guardians and Engineers).

It's a hard equation, because in games healing is quick. In the real world, after getting shot with a burst from a R-301 (assuming they survived) that character would still be recovering for a week (while better than today's medical tech, it's still not magic. Except maybe for Rev...). But no one wants to wait a week to queue again when they get shot once.

Message 21 of 38 (349 Views)

★★ Pro

I love lifeline, she is basically the only legend I use. I have about 14,000 kills with her, and close to 700 wins. I have spend a lot of money on her. 

And now....she is basically useless to me. I do not enjoy playing her anymore. So I basically stopped playing apex. I jump on once every 3 weeks for a short session. 

Thanks Respawn.

Bring back the original Devs please. The ones that made the game, loved it, the ones that actually played the very game they built. These new guys, in my opinion have ruined this once great game. 

At the very least, replace your head balancer and either find a new way to think up abilities for new legends or just stop making new legends. For every decision you guys seem to make you ruin the hard work of the originals and are making the classic legends that made this game famous - not very much fun at all to play. 

I will say congratulations on at least with New Castle, not adding another real time wallhack. I am surprised more than anything. Didn't think yous had it in you. However, I am not 100% sure he doesn't have some reveal meta work within his abilities just yet. Will have to confirm when 13 launches. 

But way to steal lifelines and gibby's and ramparts abilities. Doesn't look good boys, doesn't look good. 

Message 22 of 38 (290 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@NickBeam27 DZK is one of the original devs that made and balanced LL and killed her at the same time with nerf after nerf. Jaybiebs joked about LL a day ago, which usually means something in the works for her or I could be wrong and that they’re just mocking LL.

Don’t expect reworks to come out on day 1 though since those usually release mid season (collection event). As for the solid LL mains, stay strong until her eventual big buff/rework.
Message 23 of 38 (277 Views)

Champion
@Cheese9Man Lol the staying strong is what results in her pick rate remaining high and leads to no buffs. You want a lifeline buff- stop playing a character you claim is uselss.
Message 24 of 38 (262 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

LL mid-season buff. Any thoughts from our LL loyalists?

spoiler/leak warning

Spoiler
F5060CB0-F1F0-41CB-BA5F-400A8DBCBA6F.png
Message 25 of 38 (201 Views)

Hero
@Cheese9Man Reducing cool down of ultimate is not enough IMO. That ultimate needs a complete rework speaking for a friend who is number 1 LL NA.Even at 3 mins and 30 seconds it still can not even be comparable to Loba's ultimate. Pops every 2 mins can grab any upgrade you need with unlimited ammo loot. My friend literally will drop his lifeline ult and just run off.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 26 of 38 (184 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Cheese9ManMy favorite bullet point is the increased DOC radius

@E9ine_ACI agree that it needs to be retooled somehow. I don't necessarily hate her ult, but I find myself hardly ever using it, because I usually don't need a shield. It has come in handy a few times over the years (that one POI with all the recharge towers, Lol), but I feel like it could be utilized better, some way.

Not sure if this would even be a good idea, but maybe the ult could still be called in like a CP, but instead of a pod with loot, maybe it could be a beacon that heals friendlies inside of a decent radius, similar to Loba's ult radius? Or maybe call in a pod that let LL grab a device that can heal/rez from a certain distance, with line-of-sight? Idk.. I just wish it was something other than the loot it offers, because I usually don't need it

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

"Play me online? Well, you know that I'll beat you.
If I ever meet you, I'll control-alt-delete you!"
Message 27 of 38 (169 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@dSKyNafinchinFor me I would change it to allow the same mechanic of loot but beefed up a tad and the ultimate package being a res beacon as well as a loot station. I'd give it a 3 in one craft station a res beacon and loot provider. Something just needs changed to make her viable again over other legends. There are 3 section of loot on the package so each wall of the loot would be a different mechanic. 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 28 of 38 (165 Views)

Champion
@E9ine_AC I could get on board with that. I didn't even think of having it be a rez beacon as well. I usually grab a heat shield over mobile respawn, so this could come in handy. Even allowing crafting would be really handy to stock up on ammo for the end-game chaos. Good idea!

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

"Play me online? Well, you know that I'll beat you.
If I ever meet you, I'll control-alt-delete you!"
Message 29 of 38 (162 Views)

Champion
@Cheese9Man The doc radius and unlimited health are pretty huge actually. They should stop it from healing enemies too.
Message 30 of 38 (156 Views)