by follkozh

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Make The Multiplayer Into Offline Mode

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Dear, EA...

Please read below article:

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/nov/19/star-wars-battlefront-game-review-force

Since finding people who still play SWBF1 Multiplayer is really hard these days,

and if someday the server is no longer serving, then SWBF1 will be a waste.

People who already familiar with all of the offline Skirmish maps, will stop playing.

And that's the downside of every online games that focused in Multiplayer mode.

Once the server's gone, bye bye! The end of the game...

People waste their money for something that only temporary.

So you should know that online games won't be forever like offline games.

It's like people just rent the game, not having the game.

Because there are certain parts of the game that someday people can't play it anymore...

Buying = Having. And having means forever.

And think about all the beautiful maps that DICE beautifully made,

once the server's closed someday, their works will be such a waste.

THEN, I HEREBY REQUESTING EA TO MAKE THE MULTIPLAYER MODE INTO OFFLINE MODE WITH BOTS (LIKE THE SKIRMISH MODE), IF SOMEDAY THE SERVER'S CLOSED.

At least, close it for good.

The Force is strong with Battlefront 1 and 2.

Then make it forever...

-lovender82-

Message 1 of 8 (2,239 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: REQUEST/PETITION: Make The Multiplayer Into Offline Mode

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @lovender82

I'm glad to see that there are still players, who enjoy the first Star Wars Battlefront Standard smile

Good news is that we're not planning to retire SWB servers anytime soon, but we'll keep in mind your great suggestion on how to keep the player base involved in the game

Thank you so much for your feedback!

/Ataashi

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (2,150 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @lovender82

I'm glad to see that there are still players, who enjoy the first Star Wars Battlefront Standard smile

Good news is that we're not planning to retire SWB servers anytime soon, but we'll keep in mind your great suggestion on how to keep the player base involved in the game

Thank you so much for your feedback!

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 8 (2,151 Views)

★ Novice

I totally agree.

For example, I would like to play Death Star in solo mode.

There are not enough players for multi here.. Why not give us the chance to enjoy the game without multi?

Message 3 of 8 (1,742 Views)

★★★★ Novice
You know the big problem is that there are dead servers(not enought players).so give us a chance to play with ai and finaly done all trophies.or let us choose servers in a some list,where we can see how many players there are.
Message 4 of 8 (1,690 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Do something please.with out thanking everybody for replyes.it is like you wont do nothing,and imitate activity
Message 5 of 8 (1,689 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have also posted a new topic related to adding online features to offline skirmish mode. It covers issues like unlocking modes such as Blast and Cargo for offline play, allowing players to choose their appearance i.e. Shadow Trooper, and allowing players to use different star cards and carry over star cards earned from online play. I fully support your endeavor and understand your concern. Right now, people may just want to play offline to hone their skills or don't have an internet connection at home. As you also stated, it's inevitable that the servers will eventually be shut down. Players may want to revisit the game and play certain game modes offline which are currently unavailable. The option to choose the number of AI bots should also be added.

Please follow my topic here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Add-More-Features-to-Skirmish-Mode/m-p/7102155#M7593

Message 6 of 8 (1,614 Views)

★ Apprentice

Also hope maybe one day, like after Battlefront 2 is $4.99, they can maybe provide a new DLC that unlocks everything into single player w/ bots.  I'd pay quite a bit maybe $10-20 for such a thing.   I personally never got to play any of the DLC's since the few times I tried MP it was a joke. 

Message 7 of 8 (1,590 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
EXACTLY! I bought the Deluxe Version with all the DLC content and can't ever find players on the add-on maps. Only the big 20 vs 20 maps are sometimes full. I have sat at this Death Star map waiting for an hour and only 1 other person showed up so I never got to play it even for the first time. #sad
Message 8 of 8 (1,505 Views)