Re: R99 too powerful

by GH0STEDbyME

Original Post

R99 too powerful

★ Novice

As of recently, I've been having HUGE issues with the R99. I personally find it to be 'required' to play well. you look at every player, chances are they're running an R99. It's also incredibly frustrating to play against. You peek, there goes all your shield and half your health. Someone looks your way and they can aim, you're most likely dead before you can even react. How is that fun? To play against or with. I've been playing since season 5 (I know not a long time) but I've really enjoyed this since transitioning from Titanfall, but I dont even feel compelled to play right now because of how unbalanced everything feels, especially the R99. My suggestion is lowering the magazine size and moderately increasing reload time. I know my opinion may not mean much to some, but I'm sure someone can agree and hopefully help make a change. 

Message 1 of 3 (213 Views)

★★★ Pro
@KyokoWaifuSlayer

Firstly, it's not too powerful at all. It's a high rewarding gun however you don't get much give with it because of it's extremely high fire rate.

Anyone that masters the R-99 is an absolute beast and dominator of the games when it comes to CQC.

It's not required at all, the Volt is equally as good, a flatline, Eva, Mastiff, PK can all wipe the floor against an R-99 but again it is all about who is handling the weapon.

In general day to day games, not everyone is beast with the R-99. The gun is in a really good place along with the other SMG's.

In fact, I think all of the weapons in the game are in a very good place at the moment, Snipers are good, Shotguns are good, AR's etc the list goes on.
Message 2 of 3 (209 Views)

Champion
@KyokoWaifuSlayer From what you're saying I'd guess the issue your having the most is with the fire rate mostly. It is the fastest firing gun in the game apart from maybe burst Prowler(?) but it comes with the drawback of having to be accurate. Sure you can say it beams close range but it is a SMG after all.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 3 (135 Views)