R99 is OP!!

by apostolateofDOOM

Original Post

R99 is OP!!

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Complaints coming through about how the R99 is the most dominant and only viable weapon.

Respawn - They don't know how good they have it with all these balance changes.

Dev1, Put the Devotion back in then.

Dev2,  Make devo permanent and lower ttk.

Dev3,  Lets give them a strong energy smg like they asked for too!

Respawn -  That will sort the moaners out.

Moral of the story - Change is usually good, unless it's by respawn, so unless it's game breaking... STOP WHINING!!!!!

Got my devo back baby! Loving the energy meta btw. xD

Message 1 of 10 (429 Views)

Re: R99 is OP!!

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@apostolateofDOOMI feel i'm stupid when I switch form devotion to r99 because :

when I use r99 I can kill 1 ppl with one mag 

but

with devotion I can kill 2 ppl with 1 mag.
don't forget about havoc with that's gold hop-up.
this season is so trashy.

Message 2 of 10 (404 Views)

Hero
@apostolateofDOOM New weapon is kinda game breaking at this time. To me anyhow. Ive timed and clipped some kills with it some .5 to 1 second to kill someone. Point at head or body and that person is just melted.

The fire rate the reload time and the damage are quite insane. Even devo was not able to down people as fast as this gun could for me. Hardly any recoil.

They broke the meta completely and made it more toxic imo. =P

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 10 (387 Views)

★★★ Expert
@apostolateofDOOM Sooo...should we call Devotion the Moaner Mower? :D

Was wondering the other day about people crying after the R99, while sitting near a care package that had it. In the end, I kept the ...Alternator, because I wanted to finish its 1000 damage weekly challenge... Such ignorance!
Message 4 of 10 (383 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@DoYaSeeMe You kept the alternator?! Thats blasphemy!
Message 5 of 10 (348 Views)

@apostolateofDOOM Hey hey, leave the devotion out of this... 😑

Volt might need some more recoil amongst other tweaks. But why not start OP and work down? If they go the opposite direction, they’ll get “this gun is garbage and you took the 99 away!”

I did want an energy SMG, I just don’t know if I wanted one this strong. Granted it would fun if the 99 and Volt were both on the ground. Imagine the glorious 99 vs volt action!

Does it really matter what’s meta? P2020 could be meta..

Why is no one talking about the triple take? And it not requiring the choke?! Or the increased sniper ammo?!

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 6 of 10 (327 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@DoYaSeeMe Name has a ring to it! Large smile

@DarthValtrex I don't have a problem with the Devotion or the Volt.  Like you said, i think with R99 and Volt (without nerfs) would be some great fun. Dare i say that as they'll likely get nerfed now. xD

If it wasn't for the armour changes we would have some highly aggressive CQC meta with a variety (desperately needed) going now but they give with one arm and take with another.

No one cares about the triple take.. Tongue out I haven't used a sniper long after drop since S3.

Message 7 of 10 (315 Views)

★★★ Expert
@apostolateofDOOM I care about the Triple Take! It can do 150+ headshot right out of the box, which means one shot for most of the lobby. Also, it's the strongest shotgun, it has up to 9 shots, each up to 69 damage easily, so...
Message 8 of 10 (299 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@DoYaSeeMe Well i don't! xD I'm not saying it's bad or not viable, i just don't like sniping as i'm to impatient for it. CQC all the way.
Message 9 of 10 (283 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@apostolateofDOOM The way it should be. We children of DOOM need fastness in close packets where attention is needed. Long live the Slayer.
Message 10 of 10 (249 Views)