R99 and Volt

by xTomboyRespecter

Original Post

R99 and Volt

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

The two weapons with the lowest skill ceiling, most flexibility, and the highest kill potential are the R99 and the Volt. If everything else is gonna be subpar by comparison then why even bother having any other weapons? Might as well have R99s and Volts all over the floor and remove everything else. Shotguns/snipers/assault rifles are just hardstuck in a niche but not the R99 or the Volt. Everything is just a meme pick compared to the R99 and/or a Volt. The only weapon that can give these two weapons a run for their money is the Wingman.

And for all the pen and paper theory crafters that are getting ready to reply with a "weeeeeeeeeell, ackchuallyyyy. ackording to my spread sheetz" nah, just stop; this isn't D&D. Pen and paper theory crafting doesn't override the actual application of these weapons.

Message 1 of 17 (1,346 Views)

Re: R99 and Volt

Champion
@xTomboyRespecter it does depend. I can't aim for trash with a volt. I'm not really sure why. Its just an insta-nope for me. I can melt more people with a flatline than I can volt xD

I have beamed a lot of people with the R99 that it's not even funny. The fire rate is just ridiculous. Only thing that could probably even come close would maybe a Devo with a turbocharger to me? Idk.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 17 (1,328 Views)

★ Pro
@xTomboyRespecter did u use flatline+p2020 ?
It was very fun combo.
Message 3 of 17 (1,296 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@xMaxrayx You sir get it. That’s my combo if I find p2020 & hammertimepointpewpew hopup on drop xD
Message 4 of 17 (1,285 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Completely agree and should therefore be re-balanced.

It's been like this since Season 1

Message 5 of 17 (1,231 Views)

Champion
@Koochi-Q I never met someone so disappointed they couldnt find a p2020 until you 🤣
Message 6 of 17 (1,212 Views)

[ Edited ]

@xTomboyRespecterUh you must not play in ranked.. Everyone runs around with a Mastiff in Ranked.

The volt is the highest DPS gun aside from the Devo and fairly easy to use IMO. It could probably use more recoil.

The 99 takes some skill the recoil on it is fairly strong. But on console strike packs are out of control so the recoil is sort of a mute point. I see people running strike packs every single round, typically multiple people a round.

i think if they cracked down on the strike packs and anti-recoil mods you would see a huge reduction in the use of the 99.

But you can have success with other guns in the game. I do fairly good with a wingman.

@Koochi-Q We would game well together. I rarely run a light ammo gun. Typically a Wingman and Volt, unless I have turbo then I run a havoc/devo.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 7 of 17 (1,203 Views)

★★ Guide
@DarthValtrex I do play ranked, I also watch top ranked players. It's still r99 and volt.
Yeah, you can make a mastiff work but as far as I'm concerned and as far as what I've seen, you only do that when you fail to find an R99 and a Volt.
Message 8 of 17 (1,199 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@xTomboyRespecterI use a combo of R99/Hemlock or Flatline. Of course Smgs will be strong in CQC and it's not like other ARs are obsolete because of that, like I can't beam someone at mid-range with a R-99 like I do with R301.
Besides I don't care what the preds use, I see no problem when using something other than SMG but I tend to go with CQC/Mid range combo every time.

And R-99 takes more practice than a gun like R301.

Message 9 of 17 (1,171 Views)

★★★ Expert

I really don’t see the problem.  SMGs are always going to be good in the kind of game Apex is.  It’s the difference between assault rifles and sniper rifles that has become most clear on Olympus.

what the problem is for short range is since the peacekeeper is in drop only, there’s no shotgun which outclasses an SMG at close range.  Until shotguns get a damage buff, an SMG and assault rifles are both mostly better unless you feel like going up to your opponent and kissing them.

Message 10 of 17 (1,140 Views)