R.I.P Early April update? more info..

by Dedzigs

Original Post

Accepted Solution

R.I.P Early April update? more info..

★★★★ Pro

Hello! Any news on early April update? or can we just forget it?

We all know Battlefield 2042 is a mess right now.. Big company like EA and DICE / Ripple Effect, and yet they can't push out update like right now?

I have some stuff to show you guys, think we may not get that early April update any time soon..

As we know Easter is upon us.

1.png

Early April? but what year, right? it's now April the 11th. We know that April has 30 days. You can split it into groups of 3 now. Early: 1 to 10. Mid: 11 to 20. Late: 21 to 30.

2.png

If it's so considerable, then why it's now just (April) update? We really need better communications.

3.png

Expect in the April, hope it's coming this week then.

4.png

I know, it's weird for me to post these screenshots of 'Community Manager', but there is no other way. All other CM's are on Twitter posting and liking some other games, memes.

5.png

Just wanted to remind you, Battlefield 2042 came out on November 12, 2021.

6.png

So 150 days ago, or 5 months ago. Sadge.

7.png

That's all folks. And please DICE, fix the game!

Message 1 of 44 (1,312 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: R.I.P Early April update? more info..

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@lovemycbx Yup, it's needs to be this week. Otherwise it's Easter Vacation, and not even till 26th..

[edit - removed gif]

View in thread

Message 26 of 44 (751 Views)

All Replies

★★ Expert
@Dedzigs Oh man, I hadn't noticed that they'd repeatedly shifted from "Early April" to just "April" in the forums. That would explain the delay, though is lame that they didn't announce it officially and relied on folks like you to notice.

Also saw this on Twitter - https://twitter.com/T0TALfps/status/1511409632669020161

Now technically the "April" update is "an upcoming update", but it's weird that after repeated posts of confirming VOIP in April that he's talking about its delivery in a more vague sence.

So we appear to have gone from "Big patch with VOIP in Early April" to "Big patch with VOIP in April" to "Big patch in April, maybe VOIP but that may come later."

Which is insane when you realize this is literally the first notable update for the game of 2022.

January was a tiny patch only a bit bigger than their weekly patches in 2021. February was a "hotfix" that did absolutely nothing on the player side of things, no patch. March was the in-match scoreboard and a few Hazard zone tweaks.

Literally, 4 months without a single major patch so far. For a "live-service" game that was in a good spot this would be disastrous. For a "live-service" game that's incomplete and deeply flawed...I don't even know. It genuinely feels like DICE are trying to drive away the few remaining players and kill off 2042 as a whole so they don't even have to deliver on their Year 1 content they sold us, limiting their ongoing financial losses from the poor performance of 2042.
Message 2 of 44 (1,286 Views)

★★ Expert
@Dedzigs congrats you have put more effort into your post then DICE has done into anything regarding communication in the past 5 years.....
Message 3 of 44 (1,281 Views)

★★★ Guide

@edgecrusherO0 wrote:

Now technically the "April" update is "an upcoming update", but it's weird that after repeated posts of confirming VOIP in April that he's talking about its delivery in a more vague sence.

So we appear to have gone from "Big patch with VOIP in Early April" to "Big patch with VOIP in April" to "Big patch in April, maybe VOIP but that may come later."

Entirely consistent with communication and bug fixes so far.

Also entirely consistent with the idea that Dice have not allocated enough resources to fixing 2042, and simply don't care.

Additionally, consistent with the prediction that unless they pull their fingers out and actually demonstrate a sense of caring about their work, this will be the end of a franchise.

And Dice will have killed it, then run over the corpse a few times to be sure.

Message 4 of 44 (1,259 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@TAW_RinkoDeeply frustrating reading that they've moved the core team to the next BF title. I get it, that's industry standard practice.

But usually after releasing a fairly solid title, at least, which 2042 is very much not.

Imagine how much trust DICE could have earned back if they the February blog post - the first communication of 2022 - was them promising to keep the core team on 2042 and leave only a small team working on pre-production for the next BF title and that they were doubling down on fixing this title and delivering fans the product they deserve.

Instead we have...this. Months of begging for communications and small, monthly updates with promise that "THE NEXT ONE IS REALLY BIG WE PROMISE!" as if DICE hasn't lost the trust and confidence of the community with their outright lies ("Way ahead of schedule" was a blatant lie) and poor communication/support for the title since launch.

Don't be sad, that's just how it works out sometimes. What a time to be alive!

Message 5 of 44 (1,233 Views)

★ Expert

I am starting to run out of patience with DICE at this point.  I still play the game but come on even COD Vanguard in its horrible state is on Season 2.  And look at Halo they are about to drop season 2 in May.  DICE you are making yourself look bad.

Message 6 of 44 (1,226 Views)

★★ Expert
@CantGetRight Man, I haven't even thought about CoD in many years (last one I actually purchased was OG Modern Warfare 2) but at this point I'm about ready to just abandon the BF franchise moving forward and just play CoD.

At least they seem to dedicate resources to their games, and put in some serious effort to fix/improve them if they're in a bad spot.
Message 7 of 44 (1,215 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@edgecrusherO0 Sad.

[edit - removed link]

Message 8 of 44 (531 Views)

★★★ Guide

@edgecrusherO0 wrote:

Imagine how much trust DICE could have earned back if they the February blog post - the first communication of 2022 - was them promising to keep the core team on 2042 and leave only a small team working on pre-production for the next BF title and that they were doubling down on fixing this title and delivering fans the product they deserve.

Exactly.

While I think there was some very poor decisions made early in 2042s development, there are ways in which a good faith effort could elevate what we have to an acceptable level. 

Problem is, the words good faith have become increasingly hard to apply to Dices work.

If the early April patch has been pushed to late April, and the only indication of this has been CMs quietly dropping the word early, that's not good faith communication. That's bad faith, hostile communication. Brought to you by the people that accuse other communities of being toxic. 

VOIP, absolutely, was promised for this patch. As was the scoreboard finally getting finished. 

I strongly suspect that, once again, they underestimated how long it would take for them to do something, and now they're panicking because they haven't finished it. They cant be seen to be breaking yet another promise, so they're laying the ground for an excuse which casts it as not really a promise. Once again, a bad faith, defensive argument.

Trust is a response to honesty. Dice are not particularly trusted at the moment, and a huge part of that is because they seem to have dismissed the idea they need to be honest.

Message 9 of 44 (524 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

you guys are running on hopium fumes if you expect anything good to come out of this month.  this update will get rolled into season 1 update (i'm expecting a july release if we're lucky).  as for the next battlefield....i'm not buying it i don't care how good it is

to EA:  the radio silence and mushroom treatment is extremely disrespectful to your playerbase.  would it kill you to just come out and say "update is ready and will roll out on X date" or "update is not ready and it's getting pushed back to roughly X timeframe"?

Message 10 of 44 (499 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help