R.I.P Battlefield.

by BretAshton

Original Post

R.I.P Battlefield.

★ Apprentice

Well, 

what can I say? As a long, die hard fan of battlefield over the years you, EA/Dice really have let go of the steering wheel and veered right over a sheer cliff drop. What a shame. 

Not only can you release an unfinished, buggy and technically “bad” game, but you, the ones who are meant to provide a great game to the fans, accuse US of being “toxic” as you so narrow-mindedly broadcasted to the entire gaming world. But also accuse us of having unrealistic expectations? Well, I’m sure I speak for thousands, no, millions or us when I say. How the living hell is asking for a working finished product unrealistic when you demand a substantial amount of money for us to play?

Now I’m half expecting this post to be deleted which will further prove my point, nor do I care as I have lost all love for this franchise and it genuinely, honestly is such a shame. Battlefield used to be my go-to game for years. I am utterly disappointed with the state of the game, but more so, with how EA/Dice have handled the backlash. You deserve the bad reputation you’re now so rapidly receiving. 

I’m also, like many others here, am out. 

Message 1 of 63 (1,760 Views)

Re: R.I.P Battlefield.

★ Guide
@BretAshton Agree
Message 2 of 63 (1,676 Views)

★★★ Pro
@BretAshton Your post is very polite.
Message 3 of 63 (1,622 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I stand firmly behind @BretAshton , it's just a joke with the game and the fans .... I just have no words, how careless the work of these two companies.... And I refuse to buy from them, NEVER AGAIN! congratulations EA / DICE !!!

Message 4 of 63 (1,604 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Only thing I'm thankful for 2042 is that it gave me the itch to play the older BF games again...the ones that work.

Message 5 of 63 (1,558 Views)

★ Pro

So are we pretending as if we can't see the difference between toxic and constructive feedback?  Should the developers accept all of it because some do not like the game?

I highly doubt that the people having issues with bugs and the game being unfinished are who the developers refer to as being toxic.  Unless they are being melodramatic about it instead of just stating the issues.

Message 6 of 63 (1,514 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Skill4Reel Well, depending how you look at it, they're responsible for it gradually turning toxic by their lack of communication.
Message 7 of 63 (1,496 Views)

★ Expert
@Kyosji Personally if I were EA/DICE I wouldn't want to communicate with such a hateful and toxic fanbase.
Message 8 of 63 (1,487 Views)

★★ Pro

@KyosjiWhile I do agree that maybe they need to communicate better, do you need someone holding your hand and telling you EVERY little thing that they are doing?

Message 9 of 63 (1,455 Views)

★ Guide

My last day around here.

Bye

Message 10 of 63 (1,449 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help