Re: R-99 nerf

by MyCanklesHurt

Original Post

R-99 nerf

★ Guide

I think this gun needs a nerf somewhere, either in damage, ROF, more recoil or even in how often it spawns in, almost ever squad has 2 R-99's in there loadout. The gun is incredibly easy to manage (i play on console) if you have a white mag the gun is competitive, it beats shotguns in close range, devotions with turbochargers, anything.

Message 1 of 9 (522 Views)

★★ Apprentice

A devotion and havoc with a turbocharger beats it.  

Message 2 of 9 (475 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

If you can find a Turbocharger before dying... LOL

Message 3 of 9 (468 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
I disagree, it's been one of my main weapons from the beginning but other weapons easily outplay it. Havoc/devotion with turbocharger outplay it, weapon is no good from 20 feet unless you have good aim and can handle the recoil. Without at least lvl 2 extended mag, you won't down/kill a dude with lvl 2 armor unless you're right next to him.

It's the P90 from cod: mw1/2 in this game. Get close and butcher.
Message 4 of 9 (427 Views)

★ Pro
easy to handle because your aim assist being on console. very close range only way that can be handled, if whoever is hitting shots from a good distance is aimbot, I have tried that gun MANY TIMES. I hate it I would rather have the Alternator.
Message 5 of 9 (390 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Megatf_TwitchTV not a havoc, i cant beat a R-99 when i use a TC havoc, nor have i lost to a havoc.

I guess everyone that i come across is bad with the devotion because I've yet to lose against it.

Message 6 of 9 (368 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
Nerf the gun with the worst recoil in the game lol can’t even get a kill unless you tapp the trigger.
Message 7 of 9 (356 Views)

★ Guide

On console there is aim assist so that helps negate the bad recoil, and if you play on PC then what recoil?

Message 8 of 9 (335 Views)

Champion

The comparison between R-99 and Havoc w/ TC is really good example I think. Standard smile

Because their DPS are very similar.

R-99

Damage: 12

RPS: 18

DPS: 216

(Headshot Multiplier: x1.5)

Havoc(w/ TC)

Damage: 18

RPS: 11.2

DPS: 201.6

(Headshot Multiplier: x2.0)

R-99 is slightly higher than Havoc.

The key point is Headshot Multiplier I guess. Wink

Also R-99 is good in CQC but not good in long range.

BTW, last weekend when I want the Turbo-Charger for Havok/Devotion, I could get that until the last fight 100%.

Maybe I had good teammates. Thanks a lot!

Message 9 of 9 (330 Views)