Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Quit Your [Removed by CM] 'bout Loot

by Green_Legend_Ran

Original Post

Re: Quit Your [Removed by CM] 'bout Loot

★★ Guide

among the bigger contributing factors to the loot problem is that theres just not much of a selection in the first place. IF the game had 10x the items it has they COULD make it "rain" legendarys and you would still have pretty grim chances of getting exactly the item you want (nevermind the rolls..), but they opted to give customers the bare minimum (on almost every level really). I dont think those of you remaining comprehend just how dire the situation for this game is because you REFUSE to admit that bioware boned us AGAIN.. but they have. just like andromeda they made this game in 18 months and bioware (NOT EA) has completely lost the plot. the only real difference is that this time they haven't YET directly said " there will be no new content" because they saw how well that went last time.

Message 21 of 35 (116 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Green_Legend_Ran wrote:

Yeah, legendaries are super rare to get. And yes, it can get frustrating. But they are currently BIS items so of course they are not going to be just have out like candy at Halloween.

The forum is getting flooded by all these make legendaries drop more, share them, etc. This is a looter shooter. You inundate the masses with them and you loose that excitement once you see that lovely yellow drop in the distance.

Does anyone remember Destiny?! The top tier did not drop like candy and the vast majority did not whine. Hell, they weren't even guaranteed to drop in Raids! And, does anyone remember Gjallerhorn and it's drop rate?!

SMH

Yes, I for one remember Destiny and all though you were not guaranteed an exotic drop on a raid. Destiny was never as BAD off as Anthem. I disagree, IMO the vast majority did infact "whine/complain" about it. Thats why Three of coins and Xur of the nine was introduced.

1 legendary drop every 4 hours if you lucky and if it aint a duplicate. 

Seeing that yellow in the distance doesnt even get me excited anymore, cause of the ridiculous duplicates over and over and over.

At this point for me, its just a chore. I log on alot and play, but thats cause iam stubborn/ OCD just wont let me quit before I have everything Storm.

Message 22 of 35 (113 Views)

Re: Quit Your B*#$@'n 'bout Loot

★★★★★ Apprentice

@igotit4free wrote:

Honestly my buddy and I have no problem getting legendary drops. We average 4-5 a day, most I've gotten is 9 in a day and my buddy yesterday got 12 so I think the drop rate is fine. Now the rolls on the other hand is another story but with how many are dropping it's understandable that rolls are a little poor.

We don't farm chests and quit out like most people we mostly just play the game. We run 90% of the content on G3 and do some private farming now and then with Mathias contracts so we don't interrupt other peoples game time etc.. Maybe if the complainers spent more time playing the game instead of complaining on a forum they would get a few more drops :D

So you think people come in here just to complain and havent put in the work, wow baffling.

The rng in this game is broken, luck broken. Heck you can't even get any Devs to explain how luck or anything else works in this game.

Message 23 of 35 (104 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@TheRealNichivo wrote:

It's okay if you do not understand the current loot system. Bioware does not appear to even understand their current loot system. We forgive you!

So So This! 

Message 24 of 35 (104 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
The difference with Destiny is your progress is not reliant on the top tier items.
Destiny exotics are unique items that add to your build or play style, legendaries in Anthem are the same items you've been getting since you started playing, just with more inscriptions and at the max power level.
The main complaint with legendary drop rates, as far as I can see, is they are required to achieve the power levels needed to play higher difficulties but they drop too rarely and are too often poorly rolled or not the gear you want which leads to people having to use bad builds just to play the harder levels.
In destiny, you could have a max power guardian that perfectly fit your play style and was viable in all activities at all levels of difficulty without a single exotic equipped.
Message 25 of 35 (104 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@CaptUVentris wrote:

Man, cause Destiny's been doing well recently lol

After years on D1 having pre-ordered D2. I spent roughly 1 year on D2 before finally saying Goodbye to the franchise. 

Guess what, D2s state was horrible upon release IMO and nowhere near as terrible as anthem is right now. Still I left for good, Bungie did the same thing Bioware is doing now.

You know, giving the community the silent treatment, updating and fixing bugs and glitches left and right. Not listening to the communities wishes was it for me. I felt they had broken the game that I and so many others had come to love. 

Since Bungie wouldnt listen to the community there was only one thing left to do, say goodbye and never buy a bungie product again.

Any longer with the state this game is in, and most wont't even be here come summer.

Don't know when it became "the norm" to release unfinished games. And I for one will not be apart of it. 

Message 26 of 35 (99 Views)

★ Guide

@Endoproxy wrote:

@igotit4free wrote:

Well, your experience with drop rate is certainly not typical of the community lets just put it that way. My drop rate has been more like 1 every 12 hours and that's being generous. I typically can play a 4-6 hour session and not get a single damn legendary. I've even played a solid weekend and only got 2 out of around 24 hours grinding strongholds on GM3. I've played around with different amounts of luck and it doesn't seem to do ****. I'd love to know what you're running to get 12 in a day? lol I call BS

I like you have been receiving no lego drops and doing very long hours. Last 2 were in the first 3 hours after patch and then it went back to normal nothing I play mainly gm 1 freeplay and occasionally gm2 freeplay. That was till 2 days ago when I was looking for answers in the back posts of the forum and came across the guys with the tin foil hats post on the AI conspiracy. Being desperate for an answer I donned a tin foil hat and started reading eventual I got some interesting details on a side post. So with nothing to lose I gave it a shot. Guess what I got 5 lego yesterday and 4 today and a ton of mw and all I had to do was shorten my sessions in freeplay. In short don't play long sessions in freeplay keep them real short hit a few spawn sites do an event if it's close if your getting poor drops bug out and start a new one. According to the conspiracy guys there spose to be an eloberate Ai managing game play for players and rewards short sessions with better drops to promote longer play time. I have absolutely no idea if this is actually true but I do know that I am getting drops now and I wasn't at all playing long sessions. So give it a try not like theres anything to lose.
Message 27 of 35 (77 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Green_Legend_Ran wrote:

Yeah, legendaries are super rare to get. And yes, it can get frustrating. But they are currently BIS items so of course they are not going to be just have out like candy at Halloween.

The forum is getting flooded by all these make legendaries drop more, share them, etc. This is a looter shooter. You inundate the masses with them and you loose that excitement once you see that lovely yellow drop in the distance.

Does anyone remember Destiny?! The top tier did not drop like candy and the vast majority did not whine. Hell, they weren't even guaranteed to drop in Raids! And, does anyone remember Gjallerhorn and it's drop rate?!

SMH

Roflmao, another noob with a misguided opinion on facts. Here is the short version, you are wrong.

Sit down and pay attention maybe you will learn something and have an actual useful opinion in the future. Best in slot items represent items with the most optimal configuration of stats to fill your role or build. The issue with Anthem is legendary gear provides a straight power scaling increase over masterwork gear. In those games you describe, best in slot gear has the exact power level of other gear, just more optimal stats.

As for your point that it is a looter and the excitement factor would be lost, LOL. Getting a legendary isn't exciting unless you are under 12 years old or some kind of idiot. Leendary gear carries the exact characteristics and perks of masterworks. If you already have a masterwork thunderbolt of yvenia, getting a legendary version of it isn't exciting. You just gain a flat power increase. You already know how the item works and its uses, you simply hit harder. Nothing exciting about that.

Finally, Gjallarhorn is an exotic weapon. It performed very uniquely vs. every other rocket in Destiny's history to this day. That is why it was exciting for people to get it. It did something differently. Now looking back at anthem, this is what legendary should have been. Masterworks should be the same as epics but with 75 power, while legendary has 75 power and the additional perks that they now carry. The mistake they made was giving masterworks less power but with the powerful buffs legendaries have.

If that were the way it was set up then you would be right. Yes, in that case, legendary would be bis and there would be no reason to increase the drop rate. But when it comes to actual power scaling differences, no, that statement is 200% incorrect

Message 28 of 35 (67 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Xenowulf wrote:

@Endoproxy wrote:

@igotit4free wrote:

Well, your experience with drop rate is certainly not typical of the community lets just put it that way. My drop rate has been more like 1 every 12 hours and that's being generous. I typically can play a 4-6 hour session and not get a single damn legendary. I've even played a solid weekend and only got 2 out of around 24 hours grinding strongholds on GM3. I've played around with different amounts of luck and it doesn't seem to do ****. I'd love to know what you're running to get 12 in a day? lol I call BS

I like you have been receiving no lego drops and doing very long hours. Last 2 were in the first 3 hours after patch and then it went back to normal nothing I play mainly gm 1 freeplay and occasionally gm2 freeplay. That was till 2 days ago when I was looking for answers in the back posts of the forum and came across the guys with the tin foil hats post on the AI conspiracy. Being desperate for an answer I donned a tin foil hat and started reading eventual I got some interesting details on a side post. So with nothing to lose I gave it a shot. Guess what I got 5 lego yesterday and 4 today and a ton of mw and all I had to do was shorten my sessions in freeplay. In short don't play long sessions in freeplay keep them real short hit a few spawn sites do an event if it's close if your getting poor drops bug out and start a new one. According to the conspiracy guys there spose to be an eloberate Ai managing game play for players and rewards short sessions with better drops to promote longer play time. I have absolutely no idea if this is actually true but I do know that I am getting drops now and I wasn't at all playing long sessions. So give it a try not like theres anything to lose.

I actually did see that post as well but just brushed it off. Honestly with how rushed to actual development period was for the game I find it hard to believe they had time to implement an AI for managing drops. But as you say at this point what do you have to lose.

Message 29 of 35 (67 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@frauzet wrote:

I'm usually not complaining about loot because I don't necessarily need better loot for the things I do in Anthem.

Still, I like @Endoproxy 's suggestions.

Besides increasing the chances of getting the inscriptions you want it would make the inscriptions better understandable and clearer.

It is about efficiency, not ability to do content. I don't do GM3 for 2 reasons

1. At 690 my power scaling makes gm3 tedious becausr it takes forever to kill everything and i get hit very hard

2. The GM3 recommended power is 675 and players sometimes come in even lower than that looking for a carry to top tier loot. So on top of the fact I take long to kill everything now i have to deal with people looking for carries?

So no, has nothing to do with that. GM3 isn't more challenging in any way assuming you are geared for it as gm1. The exact same enemies with the exact same mechanics. Just more damage and more health. Aka cheap programming

Message 30 of 35 (65 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help