Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Quit Your [Removed by CM] 'bout Loot

by Green_Legend_Ran

Original Post

Re: Quit Your [Removed by CM] 'bout Loot

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

The main problem is that there are so many levels of RNG in play that only about 1% of your drops are even usable nevermind good. With the way things are going a modest increase in the legendary drop rate would at least be a temporary fix until they figure things out. Out of the dozen or so legendaries I've had drop in my 200+ hours of play, they all had crap rolls. The only use they have is to boost your power as the inscriptions are totally useless. Destiny had the right idea...can't believe I just said that. But if you're going to make top tier loot super rare then get rid of the RNG stats on those items or make them static. Based on my experience with inscription rolls on masterworks, you would basically be looking at around a year of grind to get legendaries with good inscriptions. That just = burnout and boredom and the game will die.

Honestly, the best course of action would be to fix the damn convoluted inscription roll system but that would take a lot more work. The inscription pool is honestly the biggest culprit in the loot system in my opinion. There are too many damn redundancies in the inscription system that just compounds the issues with rolls and ultimately you end up getting more garbage.

• There shouldn't be a different inscription for each weapon ammo type on top of a general ammo type. They should all be consolidated to a general Weapon +{X}% Ammo
  • There shouldn't be a different inscription for each weapon type damage on top of a general weapon type damage. They should all be consolidated to a general Weapon +{X}% Dmg
  • There are two different recoil inscriptions Weap {X}% Recoil Aim and Weap {X}% Recoil Hip. There only needs to be one general recoil reduction perk. Weap -{X}% Recoil

• Explain this Weap +{X}% Clip and Weap +{X}% Mag Size ? They do the same damn thing!!! not to mention that there's already a Weapon +{X}% Ammo. There's no PVP in this game so why do you even need a mag inscription.
  • Passive supply inscriptions should be combined Ammo +{X}% Drop Rate, Repair +{X}% Drop Rate and Supply +{X}% Drop Rate inscriptions could all be combined into the Supply +{X}% Drop Rate
  • Passive supply inscriptions should be combined +{X}% Harvest Bonus, Ammo +{X}% Pickup Amnt and Repair +{X}% Pickup Amnt inscriptions could all be combined into the Supply +{X}% Pickup Amnt

There is quite a bit more I could go into but you get the point. So many redundancies it's ridiculous. But since it's clear they have no intention of increasing legendary drop rate, thinning out the inscription pool should reduce the number of garbage rolls players are getting which is still a step in the right direction.

Message 11 of 35 (250 Views)

Re: Quit Your B*#$@'n 'bout Loot

@igotit4free wrote:

Honestly my buddy and I have no problem getting legendary drops. We average 4-5 a day, most I've gotten is 9 in a day and my buddy yesterday got 12 so I think the drop rate is fine. Now the rolls on the other hand is another story but with how many are dropping it's understandable that rolls are a little poor.

We don't farm chests and quit out like most people we mostly just play the game. We run 90% of the content on G3 and do some private farming now and then with Mathias contracts so we don't interrupt other peoples game time etc.. Maybe if the complainers spent more time playing the game instead of complaining on a forum they would get a few more drops :D

You see, this attitude is part of the problem.  You see what you are getting and think, there isn't a problem, and people need to just deal with it.  BUT you have to realize that YOUR situation isn't necessarily like everyone else's in the game.  Take my experience with Legos for instance...I am LUCKY to get 3 Legos in a WEEK of playing.  I usually get two a week, and lately about 80% of those are duplicates of the very few that I have equipped.  Take for instance, I have managed to get about 5 Truth of Tarsis guns...which is only one of 7 different Legendary guns I have.  I generally play about 15 hours a week, depending on life and work, this is lowering some as I continue to play and basically get nothing for it, and no new content is out.  Currently I have 241 hours in game and I would probably have a heart attack if I got 9 Legos in a day.....that for me is almost a months play.

This disparity is part of the issue with loot.  I am sure Bioware is looking around and watching the TOTAL drop of Legos, and saying they are fine, not really getting that some players get 4 a day, and others get one a week.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 12 of 35 (241 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Endoproxy wrote:

The main problem is that there are so many levels of RNG in play that only about 1% of your drops are even usable nevermind good. With the way things are going a modest increase in the legendary drop rate would at least be a temporary fix until they figure things out. Out of the dozen or so legendaries I've had drop in my 200+ hours of play, they all had crap rolls. The only use they have is to boost your power as the inscriptions are totally useless. Destiny had the right idea...can't believe I just said that. But if you're going to make top tier loot super rare then get rid of the RNG stats on those items or make them static. Based on my experience with inscription rolls on masterworks, you would basically be looking at around a year of grind to get legendaries with good inscriptions. That just = burnout and boredom and the game will die.

Honestly, the best course of action would be to fix the damn convoluted inscription roll system but that would take a lot more work. The inscription pool is honestly the biggest culprit in the loot system in my opinion. There are too many damn redundancies in the inscription system that it just compounds the issues with rolls and ultimately you end up getting more garbage.

• There shouldn't be a different inscription for each weapon ammo type on top of a general ammo type. They should all be consolidated to a general Weapon +{X}% Ammo
  • There shouldn't be a different inscription for each weapon type damage on top of a general weapon type damage. They should all be consolidated to a general Weapon +{X}% Dmg
  • There are two different recoil inscriptions Weap {X}% Recoil Aim and Weap {X}% Recoil Hip. There only needs to be one general recoil reduction perk. Weap -{X}% Recoil

• Explain this Weap +{X}% Clip and Weap +{X}% Mag Size ? They do the same damn thing!!! not to mention that there's already a Weapon +{X}% Ammo. There's no PVP in this game so why do you even need a mag inscription.
  • Passive supply inscriptions should be combined Ammo +{X}% Drop Rate, Repair +{X}% Drop Rate and Supply +{X}% Drop Rate inscriptions could all be combined into the Supply +{X}% Drop Rate
  • Passive supply inscriptions should be combined +{X}% Harvest Bonus, Ammo +{X}% Pickup Amnt and Repair +{X}% Pickup Amnt inscriptions could all be combined into the Supply +{X}% Pickup Amnt

There is quite a bit more I could go into but you get the point. So many redundancies it ridiculous. But since it's clear they have no intention of increasing drop rate, thinning out the inscription pool should reduce the amount of garbage rolls players are getting which is still a step in the right direction.

This guy 100% gets it.

If you aren't thinking along these lines when it comes to the loot and inscription system in the game, you don't get it at all and should shut right up.

Message 13 of 35 (230 Views)

Re: Quit Your B*#$@'n 'bout Loot

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@igotit4free wrote:

Honestly my buddy and I have no problem getting legendary drops. We average 4-5 a day, most I've gotten is 9 in a day and my buddy yesterday got 12 so I think the drop rate is fine. Now the rolls on the other hand is another story but with how many are dropping it's understandable that rolls are a little poor.

We don't farm chests and quit out like most people we mostly just play the game. We run 90% of the content on G3 and do some private farming now and then with Mathias contracts so we don't interrupt other peoples game time etc.. Maybe if the complainers spent more time playing the game instead of complaining on a forum they would get a few more drops :D

Well, your experience with drop rate is certainly not typical of the community lets just put it that way. My drop rate has been more like 1 every 12 hours and that's being generous. I typically can play a 4-6 hour session and not get a single damn legendary. I've even played a solid weekend and only got 2 out of around 24 hours grinding strongholds on GM3. I've played around with different amounts of luck and it doesn't seem to do ****. I'd love to know what you're running to get 12 in a day? lol I call BS

Message 14 of 35 (176 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@Green_Legend_Ran Sorry, but going to have to disagree with you there.

"But they are currently BIS items so of course they are not going to be just have out like candy at Halloween"

Legendaries with *good* inscriptions are almost impossible to get. Like winning lottery hard, on your birthday in a hot tub hard to get. I have salvaged a number of legendaries that have absolute garbage inscriptions making MW much better in slot.

If they want the rarity of Legendaries to remain at the level they are currently at then they need to do something that makes it so when you get a Legendary you actually want to equip it. Right now it's a choice to give up the 250+ javelin/gear damage or a get a higher equipment level that may or may not be working as designed.

Until they figure out how they are going to solve the inscription issues, especially on Legendaries, I feel they should increase the drop rate of Legendaries so we have a hope of getting one with better inscriptions or better yet. Let us get the blueprint and make us grind for the mats to craft a better one.  Just like all the other major gear in the game.

<grabs coffee Baileys 10 hour grind sessions>

@Endoproxy 

Yes, Yes. 1000 times yes.

Message 15 of 35 (160 Views)

★★ Guide

@Green_Legend_Ran wrote:

Yeah, legendaries are super rare to get. And yes, it can get frustrating. But they are currently BIS items so of course they are not going to be just have out like candy at Halloween.

The forum is getting flooded by all these make legendaries drop more, share them, etc.

The forum is also getting flooded by people who are complaining about the people who complain about loot.

Message 16 of 35 (128 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@W2RD-1982 wrote:

The forum is also getting flooded by people who are complaining about the people who complain about loot.

I know right? Where are all the people complaining about the fact that not nearly enough people are complaining about saving grabbits?

Save the Grabbits Foundation!

Message 17 of 35 (119 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@ChasingSerenity wrote:

@Green_Legend_Ran Sorry, but going to have to disagree with you there.

"But they are currently BIS items so of course they are not going to be just have out like candy at Halloween"

Legendaries with *good* inscriptions are almost impossible to get. Like winning lottery hard, on your birthday in a hot tub hard to get. I have salvaged a number of legendaries that have absolute garbage inscriptions making MW much better in slot.

If they want the rarity of Legendaries to remain at the level they are currently at then they need to do something that makes it so when you get a Legendary you actually want to equip it. Right now it's a choice to give up the 250+ javelin/gear damage or a get a higher equipment level that may or may not be working as designed.

Until they figure out how they are going to solve the inscription issues, especially on Legendaries, I feel they should increase the drop rate of Legendaries so we have a hope of getting one with better inscriptions or better yet. Let us get the blueprint and make us grind for the mats to craft a better one.  Just like all the other major gear in the game.

<grabs coffee Baileys 10 hour grind sessions>

@Endoproxy 

Yes, Yes. 1000 times yes.

Absolutely! The crafting needs to be fixed for that too. I always thought the fact that legendaries dismantle down to masterwork embers and parts a little odd. Yet another thing broken in the crafting system but that's another article in itself. But you should be able to unlock and craft legendary blueprints as well.

Message 18 of 35 (98 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No.. but I remember a game where I got everything I wanted in the first week on my main. Then they said it was a mistake and I haven't played in weeks. And it's the exact same messed up game with less loot ?

NO WAY do I retry anthem if that's what this game has become and is supposed to be.

Best week long game ever almost. 

Message 19 of 35 (89 Views)

Champion

I'm usually not complaining about loot because I don't necessarily need better loot for the things I do in Anthem.

Still, I like @Endoproxy 's suggestions.

Besides increasing the chances of getting the inscriptions you want it would make the inscriptions better understandable and clearer.

"From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire."

[Robert Frost - Fire and Ice]

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 20 of 35 (83 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help