Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Quit Your [Removed by CM] 'bout Loot

by Green_Legend_Ran

Original Post

Highlighted

Quit Your [Removed by CM] 'bout Loot

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah, legendaries are super rare to get. And yes, it can get frustrating. But they are currently BIS items so of course they are not going to be just have out like candy at Halloween.

The forum is getting flooded by all these make legendaries drop more, share them, etc. This is a looter shooter. You inundate the masses with them and you loose that excitement once you see that lovely yellow drop in the distance.

Does anyone remember Destiny?! The top tier did not drop like candy and the vast majority did not whine. Hell, they weren't even guaranteed to drop in Raids! And, does anyone remember Gjallerhorn and it's drop rate?!

SMH

Message 1 of 35 (556 Views)

Re: Quit Your B*#$@'n 'bout Loot

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Honestly my buddy and I have no problem getting legendary drops. We average 4-5 a day, most I've gotten is 9 in a day and my buddy yesterday got 12 so I think the drop rate is fine. Now the rolls on the other hand is another story but with how many are dropping it's understandable that rolls are a little poor.

We don't farm chests and quit out like most people we mostly just play the game. We run 90% of the content on G3 and do some private farming now and then with Mathias contracts so we don't interrupt other peoples game time etc.. Maybe if the complainers spent more time playing the game instead of complaining on a forum they would get a few more drops :D

Message 2 of 35 (539 Views)

Re: Quit Your B*#$@'n 'bout Loot

★★★★★ Guide

It's okay if you do not understand the current loot system. Bioware does not appear to even understand their current loot system. We forgive you!

Message 3 of 35 (529 Views)

Re: Quit Your [Removed by CM] 'bout Loot

★★ Guide

@Green_Legend_Ran wrote:

Yeah, legendaries are super rare to get. And yes, it can get frustrating. But they are currently BIS items so of course they are not going to be just have out like candy at Halloween.

The forum is getting flooded by all these make legendaries drop more, share them, etc. This is a looter shooter. You inundate the masses with them and you loose that excitement once you see that lovely yellow drop in the distance.

Does anyone remember Destiny?! The top tier did not drop like candy and the vast majority did not whine. Hell, they weren't even guaranteed to drop in Raids! And, does anyone remember Gjallerhorn and it's drop rate?!

SMH

In Destiny u could basically BUY them at Xur and yes they where guaranteed like black spindle or touch of malice for example. And since they never had no inscriptions, there was a need to drop them ones, that’s it.

I forgive you casual wannabe gamer ur lack of knowledge about endgame.

Message 4 of 35 (505 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Man, cause Destiny's been doing well recently lol

Message 5 of 35 (500 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Maybe i should forgive you for your lack of wannabe destiny knowledge  anthem has been out less than 2 months and your trying to compare against destiny im with @Green_Legend_Ran on this one , If we compare destiny release for release here with anthem there was no way you were buying top tier legendary's from xur  after the first 3 week bungie made that mistake with Gjallerhorn 2 weeks after game released where xur sold it they quickly removed it from xur until further down the line actually one week before the release of taken king dlc did it re appear in xur store and you were super lucky to get it as an exotic drop so thats one whole year near enough before you could buy it again also you say "In Destiny u could basically BUY them at Xur and yes they where guaranteed like black spindle or touch of malice for example" 2 weapons you mention here were year 2 dlc black spindle wasnt a loot droppable weapon it it is obtained by entering a secret area during the lost light mission on heroic difficult and touch of malice was another quest line weapon  again towards the end of year 2 dlc

I also do not want them to drop like candy yes maybe further down the line they can make them purchasable but come on the games been out just over a month

i want the grind if destiny dropped everything in the first month i would not have put over a 1000 hours into it i expect to put 1000+ hours into this game 

Message 6 of 35 (472 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well except most of legendary are suck. Dup or crappy stats.

I DO agree that raining loot is not the right answer, but this game need a loot system overhaul. I couldn't make any noticeable progress for a month.

Message 7 of 35 (435 Views)

★★ Guide

Gjallarhorn is the best weapon in destiny. It was so good that it justified the amount of work and luck to get it. But legendaries here are probably even harder to get AND can drop with useless inscriptions. Plus gjallarhorn was its own unique weapon whereas legendaries here are just stronger versions of what you’ve been using

Message 8 of 35 (422 Views)

★★★★ Novice

what end game?

Message 9 of 35 (414 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Green_Legend_Ran wrote:

SMH

Yeah I've pointed out on these forums how people did the same thing with Diablo 3. People wanted it to rain legendaries so the makers of D3 made it rain. Then people complained how legendaries didn't feel so legendary, especially when most were bad. They eventually made it right by allowing people to reroll the stats on loot. I wouldn't be surprised if something like this happens to every loot game at some point.

Message 10 of 35 (385 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help