Re: Questions about Wattson's ULT

by Jem450R

Original Post

Questions about Wattson's ULT

★★ Guide

So I've been playing Wattson for a bit and I have a couple of questions about her ULT:

1. If a grenade rolls/bounces into her ult, does it get neutralized?
  2. Do teammates' grenades get neutralized?
  3. Does the Ult only neutralize one grenade at a time? (Had an enemy chuck a bunch of them at the same time, and the grenades gotten into my ult's field somehow)
  4. Does the Ult only recharge shields for a limited time? (My ult stopped charging shields after 30 seconds or so)
  5. Does the Ult neutralize bangalore's smokes, pathfinder's ult/tactical, and caustic's ult/thrown tactical?
  6. Can enemies throw grenades while in the range of the ult
  7. Do enemy shields get recharged by my ult
Message 1 of 3 (3,675 Views)

★★ Pro
@Adendon 1: I don't think so - I think if a grenade rolls that far it's in.

2: Yes.

3: As far as I've seen - it destroys everything in the air once it's activated. While the ult is being placed/doing the startup animation things can still arrive, if you have bangaltore bombs around you in the ground already - the ult won't destroy them, it just deals with airbound things.

4: I've found abandoned Wattson ults after a fight has happened and then everyone has left and they still charged my shields. This sounds like a bug, it should just keep charging your shields.

5: No to bang smoke (I think), it doesn't destroy path ziplines either (I think) but it does destroy gib/bang/caustic ult grenades if they're thrown within range of it. It won't clear caustic gas from the ground. It won't destroy bang rockets in the ground if you place it after they've hit. The only ult it's worth place IN after it's been triggered is Gibraltar's.

6: No - no one can. If you try throwing grenades into/out of the ult when it's fully active (after it's warmup animation while the thing is extending/building) they just get destroyed in the air.

7: Yes.

Last thing worth knowing about her is that if you carry ultimate accelerants with you : you can place 3 of her ultimates side by side and it triples the speed of your shield recharge rate.
Message 2 of 3 (3,643 Views)

★ Pro

Last bit is awesome to know, thanks!

Message 3 of 3 (3,632 Views)