Re: Question re HP and damage / mechanics of dying

by WHITEyy6969

Original Post

Question re HP and damage / mechanics of dying

★★★★★ Novice

I was playing a round of solo Apex Legends as Octane when I ran into a Pathfinder using a R301. Facts:

• I was a full health
  • I had a common helm but a legendary chest piece
  • He hit me for a total of 95 points (per the death recap)

So, my question is how the heck did I die taking such little damage? Looking for someone to clarify the mechanics of dying as I seem to be doing a lot of it... Wink

Thanks!

S

Message 1 of 7 (282 Views)

Community Manager

@Schl1pperz_TV Do you happen to have a clip of the engagement or even an image of the death recap? 

We've seen some reports of weirdness with it, so we want to gather as much info as we can. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 7 (260 Views)

★★★ Expert

@EA_David on that note, the last death recap should remain available even after you quit a match and should also include your health and armor so you can spot anomalies easier and rule out false readings.

Message 3 of 7 (250 Views)

★ Guide

Perhaps it doesn't take into consideration the multipliers? 

Anyway while it can be handy I don't think it was needed. Sometimes it's better not knowing the damage you did or didn't do , especially when it's the latter!

Message 4 of 7 (231 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Unfortunately, I did not record the session. I will try in the future.

S

Message 5 of 7 (223 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm using that information as a barometer of my performance in a round. So it's fairly useful for me at any rate. My issue is not understanding how I would die to 95 points of damage in these circumstances.

S

Message 6 of 7 (222 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@EA_David I've also noticed that the death recap doesn't give the whole story. Just finished a round where I exchanged fire with another player, each of us doing damage, but the recap only shows the last few shots and not the whole exchange.

S

Message 7 of 7 (189 Views)