Question of the week: Who's your in-game nemesis?

by Straatford87

Original Post

Highlighted

Question of the week: Who's your in-game nemesis?

EA DICE Team

Hi all,

Each week we'll post a question to make you ponder over all the games that you've played throughout the years.

Last week we had a great discussion regarding your favorite in-game characters. But this week the tables are turned. We want to hear about those in-game characters that single-handedly decide the difficulty of an entire game. Or perhaps they were just annoying? Tell us:

Who's your in-game nemesis?

Have you been embarrassed or frustrated by these characters? There's never been a better time to let it all out!

Message 1 of 15 (1,014 Views)

Re: Question of the week: Who's your in-game nemesis?

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@xxxCROMxxx @IIPrest0nII @DarkBanishing @ivrognard @EA_Archi @EA_Mai @holger1405 @fons_garmo @xxxrey_santosxxx @spitfiresiemion @EA_David @A7LAS_X1 @MonzterAssassin @EA_Spectre @Retro-Pathfinder @aT1C

Hi all,

Since you've all participated in the previous Question for the week: Who's your favorite in-game character? I just wanted to make you aware that the new question of the week thread is now live!

In the meantime, here are some of mine:

Tali - Mass Effect:

Image result for tali mass effect

After desperately trying to romance her I thought that I finally got her to like me. Instead, she jumped of a cliff after I accidentally destroyed her entire race. She continues to elude... never forget!

Diablo

Image result for diablo

Ever since I was a kid I was always quite scared of fighting Diablo. He also made me do plenty of corpse runs. But the worst thing is that you can never truly defeat him..

Luigi

Image result for luigi mario kart

Ever got hit by a red shell in Mario Kart, just before the finish line? It's ALWAYS this guy...

Cheers,

Message 2 of 15 (1,009 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

1) Lydia. Don't. Stand. In. The. Doorway.

Skyrim

2) Vladimir Lem from Max Payne 1 and 2. Dearest of all my friends...

Vladimir Lem

(yes, I'm not going anywhere with in-game references).

3) Arcturus Mengsk - SC universe has quite a number of candidates (Duke, Duran, Kerrigan etc.), but Mengsk "wins" for being the ultimate slimy backstabber.

Mengsk

4) Razor from NFS: Most Wanted. Cheater with extremely nasty personality. Nope.

Razor

---------------------------------------------------------------
If you think that someone's post helped you, feel free to press the 'Grant XP' button. If someone's instructions helped you solve your problem, please press 'Accept as Solution', so that other people with the same problem can easily find the solution in the future.

I am a volunteer moderator and I don't work for EA. All opinions expressed are my own.
Message 3 of 15 (995 Views)

Champion (Retired)
Carver in the walking dead, i really hated this dude.

Laszlo Kovic in Battlefield 4, after 5 minutes i already like "Dang this dude is a pain"

Dawes from battlefield hardline. Since i dont wanna spoil, im just gonna say, at the end, i was like, do it, finally do it now.

In my. Opinion, if you can hate a virtual character, that doesnt even exist, producers must have done a damn good job at writing the story.
Message 4 of 15 (982 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Mine is not a character. It's a level. More specifically it's a level in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game for the NES console - it's the dreaded Dam Water Level. It was understandably listed as the second most annoying game level ever by Dorkly:

http://www.dorkly.com/post/1622/the-15-most-annoying-levels-in-video-game-history

today I only seem to be able to find video's of people completing the level, guess people don't want to show off their countless fails.

carbonic signature

Message 5 of 15 (971 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

I was going to think long and hard on this, but I'll go with my first gut instinct. 

Dragonslayer Ornstein and Executioner Smough from Dark Souls aren't too extreme after many years of soulsborne bosses, but they still stand out as the first major roadblock.

pikachuandsnorlax.PNG

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 15 (959 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I've always hated those camera wasps from The Simpsons Hit & Run. I think I played that game like 1.000 hours when I was a child and I don't have good memories of them Large smile

Camera wasps

Message 7 of 15 (958 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team

For me it has to be Saren from Mass Effect 1! Absolutely amazing villain. If you liked Saren, you should check Mass Effect: Revelation out! This book is a prequel to Mass Effect 1. Its plot involves David Anderson (Shepard's mentor) and Saren Arterius investigating an attack on a human research station. Great book for all the Mass Effect fans!

Message 8 of 15 (940 Views)

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor sarevok anchev

Sarevok Anchev from Baldur's Gate.

Message 9 of 15 (925 Views)

★★ Pro

Clyde Blackburn from Battlefield 1 (Friends at High Places), I don't like his selfish gambler style, and beside that, I can't get that Airborne Cannons codex entry,, and one more thing, I don't understand if he ws even speaking truth throght the story

Message 10 of 15 (913 Views)