Re: Question of the week: What's your favorite in-game character?

by IIPrest0nII

Original Post

Question of the week: What's your favorite in-game character?

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hi all,

Each week we'll pose a question to make you ponder over all the games that you've played throughout the years.

It's time to put on that thinking cap, and dig deep through all those game characters you've interacted with over the course of your gaming career. So, without further ado: 

What's your favorite in-game character, ever?

Always wanted to play favorites? Now is the time!

Message 1 of 42 (1,471 Views)

★★ Guide

No Game is Based on the Character that I think would be good in a game.  It is from a comic book, 70's-80's, my memory fades, the tales are from a time ago.

1180929-warlord_7.jpg

Message 2 of 42 (1,454 Views)

EA app Team

I was going to say 'first post!', but @xxxCROMxxx was faster this time!

My favorite in-game character is Bella Goth, from The Sims:

BellaGoth.png

I loved all the mistery surrounding her in The Sims 2, all the speculation she caused, I like she is a character in most The Sims games Standard smile

I don't usually play with her, but my sims are most of the time friends with her Large smile

Also, I have a special place in my heart for these two:

Yarnyspyro.PNG

Yarny (Unravel) and Spyro Heart

Message 3 of 42 (1,442 Views)
Highlighted

Hero (Retired)

My favorite character from Star Wars knight of the old republic is Darth Revan. He is awesome like his history.  I really hope this "Star Wars" will see green light again. This is my favorite Star Wars Standard smile

Another character is from The Witcher. It's Geralt of Rivia.   I have played this game over 200 hours and I did not regret about these spent hours in my life.

And of course Mass Effect. Commander Shepard, the idol of humanity and perhaps fairy tale.  Special thanks to Mark Meer for his awesome voice in the game.

Thank you for attention! :D

Message 4 of 42 (1,428 Views)

@IIPrest0nII

Darth Revan is quiet cool, I know Large smile (and I have a soft spot for gray jediWink)

Your other characters are also in my "favourite in-game character list"

I don't have one favourite, but I think Isaac Clarke of Dead Space deserves a spot on this list:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor isaac clarke

So does Duke Nukem,

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor duke nukem

Minsk and Boo and

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor minsc and boo

Edwin (or was it Edwina? ) from Baldur's Gate

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor edwin baldur's gate 2

and the others I forgot.

Message 5 of 42 (1,410 Views)

Wow!

So here are mine:

1. Viconia from BG series (yeah, she deserves that spot)

2. A certain commander Shepard (female version, Jennifer Hale made it much more memorable than Mark Meer - sorry, Mark, but you've been surclassed)

3. Catherine Ironfist (the Might and Magic series, M&M VI-VIII, HOMM 2-3 and Chronicles)

4. Agent Mike Thronton from Alpha Protocol 

5. Geralt - no need for further introductions

6. Aribeth from the first Neverwinter Nights game - yeah, i know most people hated her, i liked her and her story (more about it in the second NWN expansion)

7. Ezio Auditore - by far the best portrayed assassin from the Assassins Creed series

8. Yarny - he's so damn lovable

9. Kane - only the version that we see in the first C&C and the first RA games. After those two, not so much

10.Jennifer Mui from Mercenaries - "Everybody pays!" Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4QH8TQwpHY

11. Sean Devlin - Saboteur, your run of the mill antyhero

12. Selvaria - Valkyria Chronicles, one of the most tragic characters that graced video-games. 

Well, i can go on, but again...

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 6 of 42 (1,403 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@DarkBanishing wrote:

@IIPrest0nII

Darth Revan is quiet cool, I know Large smile (and I have a soft spot for gray jediWink)

Your other characters are also in my "favourite in-game character list"

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor edwin baldur's gate 2

and the others I forgot.

@DarkBanishing Lol, It's @EA_Archi Sick

Message 7 of 42 (1,398 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Difficult question indeed. There are so many great characters... But currently I would name Kratos! He is like Duke Nukem, but even more bad-ass! He is both ruthless and likable at the same time. More a force of nature, than a character, just destroying everything in his path. And he can`t care less, if the whole world is annihilated in the process. 

Archi.png
Message 8 of 42 (1,392 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Straatford87

Well, that is an easy one. Wink

Femshep and that mostly because of Jennifer Hale, and Minsc.

Sis Ryder got close to my heart too in the last weeks,  Fryda Wolff is doing a very good job there as well imho.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 9 of 42 (1,381 Views)

[ Edited ]

My favorite in-game character is Faith Connors, from Mirror's Edge franchise.

She is strong and bold, but delicate and elegant at the same time. Faith fight against opression on a monitored society. Where freedom is not an option, she's free, she dares to fight against the status quo and she tries to change the world for better. She jumps, she runs, she climbs... she just does what she wants.

She also has a backstory, a sad one actually, and she feels so human. Her style is amazing, minimalistic but full of meaning at the same time. My favorite character and one of my favorites games ever.

Faith Connors 2008

Faith Connors in Mirror's Edge (2008)

Faith Connors 2

Faith Connors freeruning in Mirror's Edge (2008)

Faith Connors 3

Faith running from some centinels in Mirror's Edge Catalyst (2016)

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 10 of 42 (1,365 Views)