Re: Question of the week: Getting Hyped!!!

by EA_Archi

Original Post

Question of the week: Getting Hyped!!!

Community Manager

Sometimes the fun of being a gamer can be in the anticipation, the speculation, and getting on the Hype Train. Woo Woo!! 

The build up can be almost as much fun as the game itself so this week we wonder what's your favorite pre-launch promotion, video or event? 

What comes to mind for me is the magnificent series of trailers for Metal Gear Solid V. They were filled with intriguing glimpses into the final game, and had some fantastic music. 

What stands out for you? 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 1 of 8 (621 Views)

[ Edited ]

@EA_David  Right now?! The amazing trailers for Wolfenstein 2: New Colossus. I am a sucker for altternate history and those trailers are amazing. Remind me a bit of The Man in High Castle, too. Who doesn't likes a good underdog story?! And seeing BJ doing his thing, despite overwhelming odds, is quite satisfying. 

And this one:

And this puppy for New Order:

Dieselpunk at its finestStandard smile

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 8 (598 Views)

Community Manager

@ivrognard Any time works, both what you're excited for now and/or promos from the past.

To go waaay back I also remember the Mario 64 reveal blowing my mind back over 20 years ago, but it's not so impressive in 2017. 

Super-blurry 4:3 footage!

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 8 (591 Views)

[ Edited ]

@EA_David  and yet, somehow, Mario 64 still looks cuteStandard smile

Also...Bayonetta and Valkyria Chronicles (the good part: they are both on PC now, with updated graphics)

Bayonetta 2009 trailer

Valkyria Chronicles console trailer (english version, sadly, but the PC version offers the original japanese audio with english subs)

If you like the old Devil May Cry games, Bayonetta is a must play. The action is poor insanity. The PC port was quite impressive, with Platinum Games adapting the controls to PC, offering mouse+keyboard as an option (and they did it incredibly well). Also, japanese audio with english subs, though the translation is not quite good. Graphics were improved and the game looks gorgeous now.

Valkyria Chronicles is a different beast: it takes patience, thinking and a good planning. The graphics in game look like aquarelle paintings, something that not many would find appealing (but i doStandard smile). Story, characters and soundtrack are the finest points of the game and the gameplay just completes it perfectly. Yes, i've got really hyped for this one and i actually went to great lengths to get it on my now defunct PS3 (the game wasn't available in my country, as the retailers do not sell jRPG's or anything that was/is developed in Japan - probably too few potential buyers)

If you needed something to play in the summer, i can fully recommend those two games.

P.S.: VC also got a great port on PC and the keyboard control scheme works surprisingly well.

P.P.S.: Ace Combat 5 and Ace Combat 3

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 4 of 8 (585 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Skipping all the epic stuff for this one, there's just too many...

But this one cracked me up (and actually got me to buy the game at the time)!

Leviathan Warships Jazzy trailer:

Message 5 of 8 (577 Views)

★★ Pro

Need for Speed Payback gameplay trailer, that trcuk scene is so cooo! so hyped for this game!

Message 6 of 8 (566 Views)

Community Manager

I'd forgotten about the Leviathan Warships trailer, it's fantastic. 

It reminds me a little of the Bulletstorm promo game mocking "realistic" shooters of the time. BLOODY SCREEN, so real...

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 8 (557 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Let`s not forget one of the best FPS advertisements ever filmed. Looks great to this day. I think creating a real live events also helps players to stay Hyped. Just check all the stuff what were done in real life to promote Rise of the Tomb Rider or Mass Effect 3.

Archi.png
Message 8 of 8 (546 Views)