Re: Question of the Week: What are you looking forward to this Peak Season?

by EA_David

Original Post

@EA_Archi  Well, i grew up playing Harvest Moon, so Stardew Valley came to fill a void on PC. As for Fo4...the videos were boring for me, too, so i don't think it's only your opinion there. Fo4 looked like a game that can't decide what to be: an RPG, a shooter, a simulation, a city builder. And coming after the excellent (in my opinion) New Vegas...It looks really disappointing. And the Gamebryo engine really shows its age now (Bethesda can rename it as they wish, but we all know that what they have for TES and FO is an poorly evolved Gamebryo). 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 11 of 22 (618 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@ivrognard 

Could not agree more. Fo4 just wants to be a game for everyone, but in the end looses both casual and hardcore players. But going back to this hype season, I would definitely recommend playing Evil Within now, since the second installment is just around the corner. Game was really good, a solid 4,5 out of 5 points from me, looking forward to go back Standard smile  

Archi.png
Message 12 of 22 (610 Views)

★★ Pro

@ivrognard

Euro Truck Simulator 2 also gets a new expansion (and damn those peeps, i never was a trucking fan, but they provided a damn good, fun game

Dont get me going on that one lol. You are 200% right on it being a great game. Being the customizing addict that I am i wont even go near one or two right now because i know with the extreme level of trucks , mods and massive customization you can do in those games i will never see sunlight again .....or get my game list finished lol. Large smile

Message 13 of 22 (603 Views)

[ Edited ]

@master2g i usually fired it up on rainy days or when is freezing. Put a french radio or a british one and start cruising through the old Europe.

@Straatford87 i am starting to hate you here. I think i am developing somewhat of am addiction to BF1. Not a good signWink

P.S. if anyone is interested, Humble Bundle has an "End of the Summer sale". Quite a few nice titles at good prices there, so you might want to check it out.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 14 of 22 (598 Views)

Hero

@ivrognard wrote:

with the new Deus Ex i am still on the fence (the in-game microtransactions for SP is what makes me to question my willigness to buy it).

@ivrognard I thoroughly enjoyed Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. I played through the entire game and was never aware of any micro-transactions.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 15 of 22 (582 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Fred_vdp  If those were unneeded, i will probably pick it up in a sale. I wonder if there's still a AAA game not surrounded by controversy in our daysFrown

To everyone.: looks like Okami HD is coming on PC, too

Message 16 of 22 (581 Views)

Community Manager

Oh, Ōkami HD? Awesome, I didn't even know about it for current gen, i'll definitely grab that on console. 

As for the Humble Sale, it looks like they have The Walking Dead Season 1 up for free. Anyone who hasn't checked it out before might want to grab it, the game stays with you. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 17 of 22 (569 Views)

@EA_David  I have almost every Telltale Games ever released. Still missing : Tales of Monkey Island, Guardians of the Galaxy, Walking Dead: A New Frontier, Batman s2, Minecraft s2 and the not yet released Wolf Among Us s2 and Walking Dead: Final Season. 

I love their games, though i hate the episodic format. Hence, i buy them when the season ends, usually. Or in something like their Humble Telltale Bundle (i've got the one from this year to complete some of the series i have and i kind of feel guilty, because their games deserve the asking price).

Also you can get on Steam for free now Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine. Available for a limited time, so grab it while you can. 

I was very impressed by Okami when i've seen it on PS2. It was something different, that looked fabulous and played quite well after you've grasped the gameplay. I am really glad that they are releasing the remaster on PC. Seems that more and more japanese developers and publishers are bringing their console back-catalogues on PC. Which is a good thing, as the PC gamers can play some of the great games that were released on consoles. Port quality, well, still needs working. Sega wins here by far, as their ports of Valkyria Chronicles, Bayonetta and Vanquish are fantastic. Truly unexpected care for porting and from what i understand they've enrolled some help from the modding community (there is a small and dedicated community which aims to fix the poor ports or improve the decent ones). I hope that Okami HD on PC will be at least on par with Sega's ports. PC gamers deserve to experience this game, just like the console players did: in all its glory. 

Message 18 of 22 (567 Views)

Community Manager

Oh yes Sega are making some good moves on PC and with modders. I haven't had a chance to play it but Sonic Mania has had a lot of praise and I think it started as a fan project.

I agree the ports have generally been good (and thank you for the reminder that I need to go back and finish Valkeria Chronicles at some point) but porting console games to PC can still throw up some weird issues, usually related to framerate & game logic.

In Vanquish, there were small invincibility frames when the character was hit, so under sustained fire from multiple sources he'd survive for a certain amount of time. However this was tied to framerate. This isn't an issue on console where framerates are consistent, but on PC those with great rigs that ran at 144Hz the player character was killed much faster. 

Fortunately it was patched out pretty fast, but it was interesting to see some of the pitfalls of porting. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 19 of 22 (558 Views)

I have yet to get Sonic Mania. I wonder if Sega will remove Denuvo, now that the game is out in the wild. The Denuvo controversy aside, i heard/read only good things about the game. 

I am more than happy to see porting improving. That means a lot more quality brought to the table and more people willing to spend their money on the ports.

Message 20 of 22 (556 Views)