Re: Question of the Week: What are you looking forward to this Peak Season?

by Fred_vdp

Original Post

Question of the Week: What are you looking forward to this Peak Season?

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

While gaming is a year-round hobby we tend to see the real big hitters come out towards the end of the year. In the games industry this is our peak season and it's where we tend to see the year's biggest blockbusters.

So we're wondering what are you getting your hands on during peak 2017? Will you be getting Battlefront II, FIFA or is Divinity: Original Sin II more up your alley? Will a shiny new SNES mini have pride of place under your TV this December? 

For my part I'll try to play everything ("it's for work" I can claim) but I'll start off by getting Destiny 2, coming out in just a few hours. I really like the direction they've taken for the sequel, and I hope it meets my expectations.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 1 of 22 (642 Views)

★★ Pro

I have gotten so behind in my games due to spending to much time replaying some ( d**n you need for speed why wont you leave me alone lol ) and also finding other older ones on sale that i really need to stop buying more and get some off my "to play list" i already have. Saying that i can say i haven't really got any new titles on my to do list. I just got Andromeda on sale so that's going to keep me busy for a bit .

I have exactly  10 games i have yet to play lol . Such a gaming slacker i am :P

Message 2 of 22 (630 Views)

@EA_David Battlefront 2 made it on my to buy list, though i don't know when that will happen. DOS2 is more on my alley, though. There is also the new Tyranny expansion. Euro Truck Simulator 2 also gets a new expansion (and damn those peeps, i never was a trucking fan, but they provided a damn good, fun game). 

Other games on my to buy list: Rise of Tomb Raider, Total War Warhammer (the first one), Fallout 4 GOTY, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, XCOM 2 (expansion included), Vanquish, Dishonored 2 (plus expansion), Doom (the latest one), Elex, Spellforce 3, Just Cause 3. Have a lot to catch up, but i am still recovering from buying my new rigStandard smile

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 3 of 22 (617 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@EA_David

For EA Games, Battlefront 2 is my most awaited, followed by NFS Payback. I just hope my system can run it. I think not having  a season pass was a great move for SWBF2.

I am also looking forward to Shadow of War, although it is surrounded by controversy. Far Cry 5 and Crew 2 from Ubisoft. Will need to finish AC:Unity and Syndicate before I think about AC:Origins.

Message 4 of 22 (609 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Super Mario Odyssey - As a big Mario fan, this has to be a day one purchase.

Divinity Original Sin 2 - Looks even better than the first. I might try the co-op mode.

Cuphead - I hope it plays as well as it looks.

Battlefront 2 - The last one was fun for a little while. I hope the added depth helps with the replayability.

@Red_Hood_1810 wrote:
I am also looking forward to Shadow of War, although it is surrounded by controversy.

The first game is really good, but I'm so disgusted with Warner Bros.' business practices that I won't be buying this until it hits €5 or less.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 22 (601 Views)

Community Manager

Oh yes Mario Odyssey is a day-one purchase for me. I was a little unsure until I saw the E3 2017 trailer, then I was sold. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 22 (595 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Well, as you know my love to EA, all new 3 EA PC games will find their way to my Origin Library, FIFA is very soon so I'm very excited about this!, and then Payback and BattlefrontStandard smile

From the portable side Sims Mobile is the biggest thing, also Star Wars Rise of Power I just heard about

Lastly, the consule, I want NBA Live 18. but since it's consule I need to wait for this to came to Israel, since I'm buying digital only on Origin PC

Message 7 of 22 (580 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello everyone! 

Star Wars: Battlefront 2 is no. 1 on my list this season. As for the rest, looking forward for Wolfenstein 2 and Shadow of War. Not much to wait for in terms of PS4 exclusives, so it`s rather a quiet season for me. Still have some games from previous season to play. Pillars of Eternity and Tyranny to name a few.

ivrognard написано:

@EA_David Battlefront 2 made it on my to buy list, though i don't know when that will happen. DOS2 is more on my alley, though. There is also the new Tyranny expansion. Euro Truck Simulator 2 also gets a new expansion (and damn those peeps, i never was a trucking fan, but they provided a damn good, fun game). 

Other games on my to buy list: Rise of Tomb Raider, Total War Warhammer (the first one), Fallout 4 GOTY, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, XCOM 2 (expansion included), Vanquish, Dishonored 2 (plus expansion), Doom (the latest one), Elex, Spellforce 3, Just Cause 3. Have a lot to catch up, but i am still recovering from buying my new rigStandard smile

Great To Play list, BTW. almost identical to mine. 

To help you out, I would recommend to pass on Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and Fallout 4 GOTY. Those games just don`t worth it. And me recommendations on priority:

Dishonored 2 (plus expansion)

Doom (the latest one)

Rise of Tomb Raider

XCOM 2

Vanquish

Total War Warhammer

Have not played the rest. 

Archi.png
Message 8 of 22 (561 Views)

@EA_Archi  I get a lot of mixed signals about Fallout 4 and Mankind Divided. While i tend to agree with the fact that Fallout 4 might not worth, with the new Deus Ex i am still on the fence (the in-game microtransactions for SP is what makes me to question my willigness to buy it).

Did anyone seen Phantom Doctrine ?!

That looks quite good and it seems very interesting. 

Other titles on my to buy list: Alien Isolation, Evil Within (both), Life is Strange prequel, the second season of Wolf Among Us and Batman (Telltale), Vampyr, YS 8, Ni No Kuni (both), Nights of Azure 2, Steel Division: Normandy '44, Danganronpa series, the new Marvel vs. Capcom game, RE7, Atelier series, NieR Automata

For the next year i am looking forward to the potential release of Bard's Tale 4 and Pillars of Eternity 2. I am really curious about the secret project from Obsidian, which migh be released in 2018. 

Late 2018 and further: Wasteland 3, FF XV on PC, DA4 (sorry, but i am on the fence with Anthem, until i see some actual gameplay and some bit of story)

My to buy list is a mix with the games that i've missed due to the lack of a powerful rig to run, recent ports of some well known console series and coming releases. As, you can guess, RPG is my favorite poison, but i will never discard other genres. I used to play a lot of RTS, TBS, tycoons, point and click adventures and so on. But as some of the genres disappeared, i stick with the surviving ones, on the principle that a good game is a good game and needs to be playedStandard smile

@EA_Archi  did you try Stardew Valley? That one took me by surprise. One of the most fun and relaxing games that i've played in a long time. I never felt a moment of frustration. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 9 of 22 (551 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@ivrognard

Stardew Valley was on my To Play list, but after watching some YouTube videos I have my doubts. The game is great, but I just don`t see a point playing it. FarmSims was never a thing for me. And Fallout 4 is just too perfect for a game. It has just too many content, but at the same time it is incredibly boring to play. Or am I getting old? Standard smile 

Archi.png
Message 10 of 22 (544 Views)