Re: Question for Revenant players(Non Rev mains can answer too I guess)

by DarthValtrex

Original Post

Question for Revenant players(Non Rev mains can answer too I guess)

★ Expert

How do you use Rev's ult?
I have such an awkward time using his ult
I don't know when and where it is great to drop it I just drop it and hope for the best
What do you guys look for when you drop your totem?

Message 1 of 20 (662 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Daze6233rd party or safe place (10 seconds) away from visible squad.

Edit: I don't main rev and rarely use totem if one in my squad as it messes me up.

Message 2 of 20 (656 Views)

★ Expert
@apostolateofDOOM I sometimes don't even bother when 3rd partying. It feels like it's a waste when I push in knock someone down and then have to run back in other times I feel like I place it too far back and before we get to the enemies it already ran out or close to running out.
Message 3 of 20 (645 Views)

@Daze623 I simply don't use it. The animation on the screen when you're in shadow form distracts me. Toss in that you're basically running into the fight with no armor, then have to go back for a second go. I get sent back totem before I can do much of anything most of the time.

So I just won't use it. I've noticed most people won't use it when a Rev throws down his ult. Most people just ignore it.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 20 (623 Views)

★ Expert
@DarthValtrex yeah there's so many drawbacks when you use a rev totem that it makes the ult a real gamble.
Message 5 of 20 (616 Views)

★★ Pro
@Daze623 Pushing a camping caustic / Watson , third partying , safer looting /reviving / banner retrieval , combo it with crypto emp and wraith portal for a huge push . I think it’s a brilliant ultimate if used by someone that knows how and when
Message 6 of 20 (602 Views)

Champion
@MassiveVernon I agree but it also seems very situational. I'd rather see people who rev ult have full shields and health on 1st push, and then no shields on second but probably full health. I think it would make the ultimate a lot more viable.
Message 7 of 20 (599 Views)
Highlighted

@Daze623 I think it would be better if the got rid of the animation on screen. I also think it would be better if it used up all of your armor and 90 health, once you hit 90 health your sent back to the totem and get 100 health upon returning to the totem.

So if you have purple armor, you hit the totem go into the fight. You take 190 damage and are sent back to the totem. When you end up back at the totem you have 75-100 health but no armor.

The way it is now, you basically have 100 health to down someone. Even if you were winning the fight, all they have to do is 100 damage and it resets the fight. You've lost your ability to surprise the enemy.

If I'm playing as wraith, I tend to put a portal down next to the totem so we have a way to quickly return to the fight when we are sent back. But for the most part I won't touch the totem.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 8 of 20 (597 Views)

Champion
@DarthValtrex Stop copying my ideas 😉
Message 9 of 20 (595 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Daze623For ps players: simultaneously press L1 and R1 with the default controller scheme. With Xbox LB & RB 😈

But as a rev main I’ll tell you how to use it. DON’T! You’ll mess it up! But if you really want to know... I’ll tell you for some... com-pen-sation... 😏.

There’s 2 ways to use it. One is the noob way mentioned above; Far distance third party. I call this noob method cause it usually fails (srry brother @apostolateofDOOM ). Unless your team is highly coordinated or really good and/or lucky, this method will usually blow up in your face and most of the time there’s gonna be a team near your totem by the time you get sent back.
The team you’re third partying is already on high alert. So what do you think will happen to a basically flesh monster that makes sound like they’re underwater while trying to scream the whole time? You get pinched easily and usually by both teams unless you find some longer trying to heal. That’s why this is the noob method.

Here’s how you really use it. Either be in a premade with at least 1 other person. Go as close as possible (yes, close not far), but hide that totem well, preferably don’t use it for third partying unless you’re absolutely certain you can pull it off. When behind a squad focus fire 1 enemy. don’t attack multiples cause they’re likely gonna send you back faster than you can down them. Focus firing will not only do ‘double damage’, the initial panic in that person might throw off his aim seeing and feeling 2 ppl shoot at him so even easier to down him. But even if that’s not the case, it’s easier taken 1 down as 2 ppl (unless you have those dreadful noobs who cant 2v1 1 wounded enemy >.>) even if 1 gets send back, the chances are higher that the enemy is down as well at which point the remaining shadow(s) can swiftly thirst.

^ This is how you use it in its most plain form. If you mix it up with a third and 3v1 it would be best or if you’re sure you can 1v1 and nobody else is around you can go for that or you can use other legends’ abilities for even better outcome. Like using Wraith portal right in front of the totem for easy transport AND if an enemy uses it and walks right into a totem, most will step back to either shoot it or out of surprise and get send back into the portal.
You can also have 1 person guarding the totem however I do not like this tactic.

For even better use is when they’re up top a building and you revenant your way up top behind them and let them scramble or hopefully jump down towards your teammate(s) but this is highly situational.

Message 10 of 20 (576 Views)