Re: Question for PC players

by kaobasa

Original Post

★ Apprentice

I play in PC, located in West coast US and I barely ever notice hackers, in fact I don't think I've ever acc spotted one where I was sure they were hacking. So no I wouldn't switch to console for this reason 

Message 11 of 22 (314 Views)

★★ Novice

I would but I don't own any next gen console.  For the time I've put in I've encountered a handful, which is way too many.

I dont see it improving any time soon unfortunately.

Message 12 of 22 (308 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I actually haven't suffered from many or any hackers in the 120ish hours I've played. One of the better data centres I guess?

If hacking was a big problem for me then maybe I would consider the console version to be a better experience. Always online games are like walled gardens which you can't really mod or do much interesting with, even on a PC. But I still wouldn't be able to take advantage of a 144hz screen on a console. It's hard to willingly go back once you've played so many shooters with a beyond 60 frame rate.

Edit: By the way did you hear about Google's gaming service coming later this year called Stadia? Although game streaming sounds sketchy for competitive games, one perk is that a streamed game would be extremely difficult to hack. Although it may sound ridiculous now, it could be the beginning of a huge market shift for game publishers and console manufacturers. Maybe we will see some games trade minimum latency for extra security.

Message 13 of 22 (303 Views)

★★ Guide
I don't have much of an issue with it,seeing that I don't blame every other loss on a hacker. I would never want to play on an inferior console after finally seeing what upgrading to a 144 hz monitor was like.
Message 14 of 22 (297 Views)

★★ Guide

@LtHitlis wrote:

For the main reason of avoiding the hackers and cheaters in the PC version of this game today. How many of you PC players would consider playing on a console if native Keyboard and Mouse support was added to this game.

i think i would, its much cheaper than a gaming rig, adding kb/m i defently would consider it.

but arent there stuff like lagswitches and other types of fishy stuff going on on consoles instead

of the esp aimbotter waller speeder?

Message 15 of 22 (281 Views)

★★★★ Guide
I wouldnt. The level of customization and freedom of PC gaming is too good to ignore
Message 16 of 22 (279 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'v considered moving to ps4 to avoid the cheaters (asian servers it's literally every game), but I just can't feel comfortable using a controller after kbm gaming for 10+ years now. I only just got a ps4 a couple months ago and have barely played it mostly because I find the controller uncomfortable. For the time being though I'v just moved to NA servers. There are very few cheaters there and the game is actually enjoyable again but it's a pain playing with lag.

Sony seems to have an official kbm for sale on their webpage and from what I'v read, it works in APEX and most other games. I'm considering buying one of those to use for all my ps4 games in general. It kind of confuses me though, where does everyone get that kbm isn't allowed in APEX? I was reading Apex's ToS and only saw references to unlicensed third party hardware but there are official licensed kbm's on playstations website and when looking it up on youtube, they seem to work out of the box in apex legends and a bunch of other games.

Message 17 of 22 (275 Views)

★ Guide

@LtHitlis wrote:

For the main reason of avoiding the hackers and cheaters in the PC version of this game today. How many of you PC players would consider playing on a console if native Keyboard and Mouse support was added to this game.

I think the quesiton OP asked is a little misinformed/misguided.

Yes, there are some PC Hackers/Aimbots/Cheaters.

But the vast majority of mine and my friends' games are hacker free.

And I use my PC for way more than just APEX Legends. 

Like, pretty much all the Total War games.

I am also one of those PC Gamers that plays at 144Hz & I couldn't bear playing games like AC:Origins/Odysey in anything less that 60FPS. 

Also, people seem to forget that Console players do have hackers, they are simply harder to find, compared to some regions in the PC Gaming world.

Now if I used my PC to ONLY play APEX, and I was gaming in a region like China, then yes, a Console with a Keyboard & Mouse might be for me.

But there still is the issue of gaming at 60 or under 60 FPS.

and when you make the switch to Keyboard+Mouse, higher-than-60-FPS makes all the difference to your gaming experience

Message 18 of 22 (273 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@JoJo_DeBlahhh wrote:

@LtHitlis wrote:

I think the quesiton OP asked is a little misinformed/misguided.

Yes, there are some PC Hackers/Aimbots/Cheaters.

And I use my PC for way more than just APEX Legends. 

Like, pretty much all the Total War games.

Also, people seem to forget that Console players do have hackers, they are simply harder to find, compared to some regions in the PC Gaming world.

Now if I used my PC to ONLY play APEX, and I was gaming in a region like China, then yes, a Console with a Keyboard & Mouse might be for me.

But there still is the issue of gaming at 60 or under 60 FPS.

and when you make the switch to Keyboard+Mouse, higher-than-60-FPS makes all the difference to your gaming experience

1. In my OP I said for “this game”. Sure in general it can apply to others. For example I’ve read in forums how the hacking in PC PUBG is horrible with millions banned and yet they come back. I’ve read in the BO4 and Battlefield V forums that PC cheating is pretty common there also. But in my OP I was generally asking the people in this forum. 

2. Console players do not have hackers, we simply don’t have access to game files to add or delete .exe commands. Sure console players take advantage of in game glitches, but that is far from hacking game files and changing the machanics of the game. 

Message 19 of 22 (242 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Don't need native support. I've got a XIM. 

Message 20 of 22 (234 Views)