Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Question about what happens when Anthem shuts down.

by NemoTheImp

Original Post

Question about what happens when Anthem shuts down.

★★★★ Novice

so, I've been watching this very interesting video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUAX0gnZ3Nw

now, my question is, when Anthem finally shuts down (I assume in a few months the way it is going), will EA and Bioware refund any one that actually bought the game??
or are the 6 years of development going to be added to the 10 years Anthem was supposed to be running??

Message 1 of 23 (472 Views)

Re: Question about what happens when Anthem shuts down.

★★★★ Guide

No.

Message 2 of 23 (463 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@MaireDevylin but lets see if we can get someone official to put that in print.

Message 3 of 23 (450 Views)

It is true that games with online components are finite.

Of BioWare's games with such components:

• Mass Effect 3 multiplayer (7 years)
  • Dragon Age Inquisition multiplayer (5 years)
  • Mass Effect Andromeda (2 years)

All are still running (though Mass Effect 3 is probably the most active)

When these games eventually stop being available to play it will be because technology has long moved on or that an insignificant number of people remain that want to play them.

In the meantime, whether Anthem builds a growing player base or whether it doesn't, there seems no likelihood that this game will 'shut down' for many years.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 4 of 23 (424 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Psst! You forgot SWTOR, which just got another update, and which people have been claiming is dead since a few weeks after its release in 2011.

"From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire."

[Robert Frost - Fire and Ice]

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 5 of 23 (420 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:

It is true that games with online components are finite.

Of BioWare's games with such components:

• Mass Effect 3 multiplayer (7 years)
  • Dragon Age Inquisition multiplayer (5 years)
  • Mass Effect Andromeda (2 years)

All are still running (though Mass Effect 3 is probably the most active)

When these games eventually stop being available to play it will be because technology has long moved on or that an insignificant number of people remain that want to play them.

In the meantime, whether Anthem builds a growing player base or whether it doesn't, there seems no likelihood that this game will 'shut down' for many years.

this guy xD

really hats off to you man! u keep on defending this sunken ship even when its already 200meters under water Wink

no matter which thread (and yes 99% of them are trashing this mess of a game) you appear trying to bring up the positive and holding anthems hand.

as long as u are that positive in all matters of life nothing shall bring u down Wink

Message 6 of 23 (379 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Geibla wrote:

this guy xD

really hats off to you man! u keep on defending this sunken ship even when its already 200meters under water Wink

no matter which thread (and yes 99% of them are trashing this mess of a game) you appear trying to bring up the positive and holding anthems hand.

as long as u are that positive in all matters of life nothing shall bring u down Wink

Love blinded him Large smile

Message 7 of 23 (372 Views)

Champion

@Hark0nnenn wrote:

@Geibla wrote:

this guy xD

Love blinded him Large smile

It's definitely healthier to spend time with things you love than to dwell on things you don't like.

"From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire."

[Robert Frost - Fire and Ice]

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 8 of 23 (366 Views)

@Geibla wrote:

this guy xD

I'm just sharing my perspectives which are hardly unique. What's the problem with that?

You can put a different opinion of course by sharing yours, but why is it right to laugh at mine?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 9 of 23 (364 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:

@Geibla wrote:

this guy xD

I'm just sharing my perspectives which are hardly unique. What's the problem with that?

You can put a different opinion of course by sharing yours, but why is it right to laugh at mine?

Because if you like this game then you must be a fanboy! Also I hear hate trains are cool.😉

Message 10 of 23 (340 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help