Question about my gametag

by Mr_WeaselBoi

Original Post

Question about my gametag

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Since I was banned for my username which I had for a year, (without any warning), I am here to ask admins if I can use that same gametag again, because it is official movie character name from a movie trilogy.

So, ladies and gentlemen administrators, am I allowed to use "Gaylord_Focker" as my gametag on Origin.( I can modify it as it was, for an example "Gaeyl0rd_F0cker) If not, why not since that same name is used in a movie trilogy.

I don't want to get banned again.

TIA, Gaylord Focker. 

Message 1 of 4 (204 Views)

Re: Question about my gametag

Community Manager

Hey @Mr_WeaselBoi,

If your account was actioned for a specific username in the past, I would avoid using it again or any alternate versions to prevent further actions in the future.

Any usernames that violate the Rules of Conduct may be actioned, whether it's a reference to something else or not.

If you had already appealed this with our Terms of Service team and the action was not removed, they have the final say in these matters and I'd avoid using the name again in the future.

Mako.png
Message 2 of 4 (189 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for answering.

I don't understand why is that name prohibited. Probably because it has a word "gay" in it and that's just plain stupid reason to ban if you ask me. That's the same thing like having a rainbow flag as a profile picture, which has "gay" meaning also but you won't get banned by having it on your profile pic. 

P.S. Apex Legends has an lgbtq badge available to put on a legend's overview. 

That's weird.

Message 3 of 4 (177 Views)

Community Manager
@Mr_WeaselBoi
While I don't have visibility into the reasoning behind those particular decisions, the last name is likely more the issue here.

Even in the movies you mentioned, the entire point of that particular last name is its similarity and ability to be confused with another, more inappropriate word.

Having a play on words can be comedic in the right areas, but when those are more inappropriate references it's best to avoid them when it comes to in-game situations.
Mako.png
Message 4 of 4 (151 Views)