Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Question about force

by gortessoth
Reply

Original Post

Question about force

★★ Guide

The new patch brought this.

 

  • All Storm Javelins (Elementalists, Valkyries, etc) now regenerate their shields like other shielded creatures. When hovering they can be grounded with force or with fire status effects.

But, im trying to find info on force, and i cant really find it. Do all attacks exert force or only some? if so which ones? Or do you only exert force if you have an %force inscription.

 

Because i sure as **** cant get those storms to drop with any attack besides ralners blaze or other fire effects. 

 

And that is annoying to say the least, because they became alot harder now, miss one and you get downed since they just pew pew you from across the map.

Message 1 of 18 (357 Views)

Re: Question about force

★★ Guide

Force is applied, from my understanding, by any attack that is not elemental but is physical and gives the chance to stun/stagger mob's like Frag Grenade, Rocket hits, melee attacks, Shotgun's and the like. I know if I hit an unshielded Valky with grenade, rocket, melee and the like I normally drop them from the sky, keep in mind Elite's and up may resist 'lower' force hits and stay airborn. 

 

+% Force: Increases the force applied to targets (Reduces Damage Required to Cause a Stagger Effect)

 

 

Message 2 of 18 (344 Views)

Re: Question about force

★★ Guide

@gortessoth wrote:

Force is applied, from my understanding, by any attack that is not elemental but is physical and gives the chance to stun/stagger mob's like Frag Grenade, Rocket hits, melee attacks, Shotgun's and the like. I know if I hit an unshielded Valky with grenade, rocket, melee and the like I normally drop them from the sky, keep in mind Elite's and up may resist 'lower' force hits and stay airborn. 

 

+% Force: Increases the force applied to targets (Reduces Damage Required to Cause a Stagger Effect)

 

 


Well the interceptors main attack would be force if i understand it correctly, because that is physical right? Unlike storms which is elemental. This should bring them down since i actually have +20% force, but that aint happening.

 

Also guns with 300%+ physdmg should stagger and bring them down, but they stay there until i fire it up.

 

So seems something isnt really working, only time i get em down is with the colossus smash.

Message 3 of 18 (334 Views)

Re: Question about force

★★ Guide

Hmm...interesting, I'll have to run my Inty and check. I've little issue normally knocking them down with my Ranger.

Message 4 of 18 (320 Views)

Re: Question about force

★★ Guide

@gortessoth wrote:

Hmm...interesting, I'll have to run my Inty and check. I've little issue normally knocking them down with my Ranger.


and given that the Inty's melee is broken up into 3 attack's it may not stagger. I know the Rangers and Colossus melee seem to knock them down from force and Storms should given they are using fire melee.

Message 5 of 18 (317 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Question about force

★★ Guide

Of course I just have to chuckle when I see frozen solid Valk's and Wyvern hanging in mid air.....

Message 6 of 18 (311 Views)

Re: Question about force

[ Edited ]
Champion

Interceptor melee chain does apply force, but not necessarily enough to stagger the flying enemies out of the air. It may have also been reduced (people have actually complained that Interceptor melee ragdolls the enemies too much). Try it with Closer’s Havoc active (Papa Pump passive).



Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 7 of 18 (284 Views)

Re: Question about force

★★ Guide

@cake404 wrote:

Interceptor melee chain does apply force, but not necessarily enough to stagger the flying enemies out of the air. It may have also been reduced (people have actually complained that Interceptor melee ragdolls the enemies too much). Try it with Closer’s Havoc active (Papa Pump passive).


Good tip, didnt think of that one, see if they start dropping like flies. hmm wonder if i have a good papa pump statstick, something tells me i dont, since getting a million lego doubles of those in the beginning i kind of salvaged them all.. i noticed that, if you keep an item around, when you find new ones they more often have almost the exact same rolls, might differ on one or two of the inscriptions but the values are the same.

Message 8 of 18 (255 Views)

Re: Question about force

[ Edited ]
Champion

I’ve kinda noticed that too. Not sure if it’s RNG getting “stuck” or the game trying to adjust to your playstyle by “learning” which items you don’t salvage.

 

In the latter case it strikes me as a horrible idea, because I might keep an item with horrible rolls simply because I have less than 1% chance of getting it again if I salvage it (I like to have one of each item, at least until I have a blueprint for it). Or I might sometimes salvage an item with somewhat better rolls, because they aren’t so much better that I would care to go through all the builds that use it and replace it with the new one.

 

Papa Pump gets like +200% damage boost just from two stacks of Closer’s Havoc though, so you don’t strictly have to have a godroll on top of it for it to be reasonably effective. Especially if you have Acid Slugs to go with it.



Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 9 of 18 (220 Views)

Re: Question about force

★★★★★ Guide

Force is any interaction, that will change the motion of an object, when unopposed. It works about the same way in game. In game it reduces the amount of damage needed to cause a stagger effect. Anything that can cause stagger can be effected by force. Impact, Blast,etc.


@cake404 wrote:

I’ve kinda noticed that too. Not sure if it’s RNG getting “stuck” or the game trying to adjust to your playstyle by “learning” which items you don’t salvage.

 

In the latter case it strikes me as a horrible idea, because I might keep an item with horrible rolls simply because I have less than 1% chance of getting it again if I salvage it (I like to have one of each item, at least until I have a blueprint for it). Or I might sometimes salvage an item with somewhat better rolls, because they aren’t so much better that I would care to go through all the builds that use it and replace it with the new one.

 

Papa Pump gets like +200% damage boost just from two stacks of Closer’s Havoc though, so you don’t strictly have to have a godroll on top of it for it to be reasonably effective. Especially if you have Acid Slugs to go with it.


Yo home slice! It's , "God roll" ya dig? 

Message 10 of 18 (162 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help