Question about 240 hz monitors

by IX_mechanicaL

Original Post

Question about 240 hz monitors

★★★ Apprentice

Hello, 

Do i have to get 240 fps to use 240hz monitor? İ mean lets say im getting 140 fps, in that case if i use 240 hz monitor its useless? No diffrence?

İm currently using 120hz monitor and thinking about getting 240hz. 

Message 1 of 4 (1,786 Views)

Re: Question about 240 hz monitors

I would say no, if you cannot reach smooth 300fps in-game don't do it.

It would feel smoother but you will not receive that effect on apex legends.

You would need to have a beast of a pc to feel that difference and going back to a lower HZ screen would feel awkward.

Here can find more information about it

240Hz Over 144Hz Worth it ?

I would buy a 144Hz monitor then and burn the extra cash on some apex packs or other upgrades Wink

Zeelmaekers

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 2 of 4 (1,775 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@IX_mechanicaL  If you have a PC system which cannot consistently match the highest refresh rate of your monitor, you might start to get FPS drops when your PC hits the outer envelope of its maximum performance. FPS drops will make the game appear to stutter.

What you could do is cap (limit) the FPS in your game to a point where your PC runs stable without FPS drops.

To get the most performance out of your PC you can lower the display resolution of your monitor - from say 1440p to 1080p - and also lower the video settings in your game.

You can then lower your display's refresh rate to just above where you've capped the FPS.

For example if your PC runs Apex consistently at 70 FPS you could limit your monitor's refresh rate to the closest option above 70. On my monitor I think that would be 85.

But if you're thinking of buying a mega expensive high refresh rate gaming monitor, but don't have a good PC, then I would buy a cheaper monitor as Zeelmaekers said.

Message 3 of 4 (1,761 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thank you guys for the Quick answers! İm planing to big upgrade, i ll buy one, when i upgrade my pc. 

Message 4 of 4 (1,748 Views)