Re: Quest: little things that matters... little things that doesnt make sense..

by Pixeldance

Original Post

Quest: little things that matters... little things that doesnt make sense...

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Am now playing this part of the game for the 4th time and it still doesnt make sense...  So the pregnant woman was flying around the system planting her tech which will steal resources from the colonies, yet when ryder mentioned outposts, her male partner(didnt want to assume that's her husband) seem oblivious to the fact that there were outposts??  Bit of a plot loophole here?  The first part of the quest was that we will need to set up outpost to lure the damn thieves in so that we can then track and find them isnt it?  So it is linked to the outpost, so why would one of the main culprits not know that there are outpost???

After the whole chase around the system finally saved their as*es and wow congrats you have a baby, what about the sh*t they stole?  They ripped off the colonies and its perfectly ok?  Worst was the fact that both the Kett and the Roekaar are closing in wanting a piece of the tech, putting the entire initiative in danger!  No trial cause shes friends with Addison?  Has Addison been appointed the 3rd human spectre whilst we were sleeping for 600 yrs?  She seemed above the law with the whole 3 sabres quest and this quest.

I want to put both her and Tann on trial for misuse of power and absolute incompetence that endangered lives.  Maybe exile Tann to Elaadin, they would love to welcome him there.  As for Addison, lock her up and throw away the key, think she can do too much damage in the colonies.

Message 1 of 12 (3,191 Views)

★★ Guide

Addison has two states of being.  No ideas and bad ideas.

Message 2 of 12 (3,170 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Yup and in contrast locking up Keri the reporter for telling the truth...  Seriously Nexus is starting to remind me of tyrannical regimes, favoritism, abuse of power, ineptitude...

Message 3 of 12 (3,166 Views)

★★ Guide

You just saved yourself the trouble of reading the prequel novel lol

Message 4 of 12 (3,160 Views)

★ Pro

@VladVonCastein wrote:

Am now playing this part of the game for the 4th time and it still doesnt make sense...  So the pregnant woman was flying around the system planting her tech which will steal resources from the colonies, yet when ryder mentioned outposts, her male partner(didnt want to assume that's her husband) seem oblivious to the fact that there were outposts??  Bit of a plot loophole here?  The first part of the quest was that we will need to set up outpost to lure the damn thieves in so that we can then track and find them isnt it?  So it is linked to the outpost, so why would one of the main culprits not know that there are outpost???

After the whole chase around the system finally saved their as*es and wow congrats you have a baby, what about the sh*t they stole?  They ripped off the colonies and its perfectly ok?  Worst was the fact that both the Kett and the Roekaar are closing in wanting a piece of the tech, putting the entire initiative in danger!  No trial cause shes friends with Addison?  Has Addison been appointed the 3rd human spectre whilst we were sleeping for 600 yrs?  She seemed above the law with the whole 3 sabres quest and this quest.

I want to put both her and Tann on trial for misuse of power and absolute incompetence that endangered lives.  Maybe exile Tann to Elaadin, they would love to welcome him there.  As for Addison, lock her up and throw away the key, think she can do too much damage in the colonies.

I think the Dr gets off because she is basically Werner Braun and has a baby, two of the oldest and best get out of jail free cards in history. Look up famous women pirates such as Anne Bonny

Message 5 of 12 (3,131 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Yeah. Stole a shuttle capable of interstellar travel. One that is literally irreplaceable and priceless since the nearest factory is nearly 700 years away.

That's cool. Move along lady. lol

Message 6 of 12 (3,121 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@mckrackin5324 wrote:

Yeah. Stole a shuttle capable of interstellar travel. One that is literally irreplaceable and priceless since the nearest factory is nearly 700 years away.

Shuttles are NOT hard to come by, and I have no idea how they crash them in the first place since I can't shoot one down no matter how hard I try. Anybody can borrow or steal one and nobody notices. Apparently that is the very first thing everyone, including the exiles, did when they arrived - immediately start mass producing shuttles.

Message 7 of 12 (3,102 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@jpcerutti1 wrote:

@mckrackin5324 wrote:

Shuttles are NOT hard to come by, and I have no idea how they crash them in the first place since I can't shoot one down no matter how hard I try. Anybody can borrow or steal one and nobody notices. Apparently that is the very first thing everyone, including the exiles, did when they arrived - immediately start mass producing shuttles.

Ain't this the truth?  Lol.  And this:

"...I have no idea how they crash them in the first place since I can't shoot one down no matter how hard I try..."

Gold.

---------------

@VladVonCastein

Hey!  Stop using logic to mess this up for me.  I was enjoying this one, kind of, alright you're right.  A lot of it makes little to no sense, lol.

Side question, does anyone know if you can actually see them and the baby in Prodromos?  I've looked everywhere.

Message 8 of 12 (3,086 Views)

★★★★ Pro

That quest was soooooo, ahem, interesting, that I really didn't know what was happening, I just wanted it gone. Specially afterh they exploded a shuttle in front of me and I could hear the explosion. On Space.

Anyway, it was very uninteresting learning another of Addison's lack of grip. I sort of hope a fully armored baby Krogan would be born instead.

Message 9 of 12 (3,073 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I was going to make a new post but saw this one, totally had to throw in my two cents.

This is actually a quote from another player that says everything:

"I'm fairly furious about how that mission played out. People on the Nexus are on the verge of starvation, several outposts have failed, and they can't afford to wake up more of the very helpful people still in cryo... but hey, Dr Kennedy has baby fever so she's gonna steal a bunch of supplies and make it happen anyway.

Ok sure. She's not the first person to make a decision devoid of reason, but there's no option to punish her? My options are to give her exactly what she wants or almost exactly what she wants and I'm forced to sweep the thefts under the rug. People were exiled for this stuff! Why am I supposed to care more because she has a baby? Give her the option to give her baby up for adoption on the Nexus and let me kick her out! Or something! It chafes to let her have a happily ever after. Ugh. Needless to say, I will not be completing that mission again in the future.

(As a side note, this entire game had a touch of baby fever. It makes sense in the context of end goals and all, but I wish I'd had more of a chance to remove myself from it personally. I kinda view it like religion, auto-dialogue should never just assume I'm interested.)"

The one part of this game I truly don't like is how hitting R2 for a mid-cutscene action can be either good or bad depending on the scene.  The previous Mass Effects had renegade and paragon which is much more entertaining.  The lack of karma eliminates the option to have 'evil abilities' and 'good abilities', not to mention obviously define the character morally through the story.

Infamous: Second Son.  Nuff said Standard smile

Message 10 of 12 (3,068 Views)