Quality players, am I impressed by them? Nope.

by saintlydevilis

Original Post

Quality players, am I impressed by them? Nope.

★★ Guide

Ok, I'm on my second star match at level 49, and I'm matched against an UL his first card is con man. I've nothing to kill it outright.. But I do a bit of damage to his conman. His next play, another con man, so I a bit of damage to the next conman. Turn 3, I place something in front of con man to kill it so he moves his con man making it gain more hit power. Next turn I move my plant, again in front of conman. So what does he do use final mission. I mean seriously ... Of course he won. What did this idiot gain? A worthless star.. And yes I gained, game rage. 

Can someone please explain to me, why this kind game player is playing this game? They have reached UL, nothing to gain except a star. They know it can be tough reaching UL. So they decide to play rank, with a deck like this? Con man and final mission.. Hmmm.

Luckily, Ive been playing this game long enough to know, that kretins, like this are not common. But, I would like to re-match this person, with a game of skill, that actually uses brain cells

Previous game, was another UL, and this one won using professional zombie, with a fossil head on top, then a going viral and turn back time everytime his going viral zombie could be killed by my plant. 

Message 1 of 22 (822 Views)

Re: Quality players, am I impressed by them? Nope.

★★★★★ Guide

Other Players > You

Message 2 of 22 (808 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Some Ultimate players (myself included) sometimes continue playing on ranked due to many reasons:

1.- New Highscore: Maybe they are trying to reach/beat a personal record of stars on Ultimate League. I'm not really interested in this part since it gives you nothing except personal reward, but I can totally see other people continue playing just to beat their previous record.

2.- Casual Conceding: May sound like a joke, but players recognize pretty good the Dark Matter Dragonfruit Ultimate Icon. The moment I reach Ultimate League is the moment in where players tend to concede even before the match begins. Sometimes you just want to complete your daily quests to get some gems, but this forbids you from doing it, so you switch to ranked where people tend to face their opponent.

3.- Deck testing: Maybe you saw a cool deck in one of your matches, and now you want to play it next season. The best way to practice is with tough challenges, or in this case, high league players. Maybe this guy has never played with Impfinity or with that specific deck, but wants to use it for next season, so that's why he was on ranked. 

Or maybe, just maybe, he is just there precisely for that, to forbid other players into reaching Ultimate League.

Message 3 of 22 (802 Views)

★★ Guide

Well, I do what I did last season, if I'm on the beginning of that rank level, as in nothing to loose I concede. Then come back later to get a player that is also trying to reach UL. I've played UL players through getting to level 49, some have won some have lost. The games I mentioned in post were in my opinion the kind that get an easy win, as in they know having reached UL what cards can get them a win because the majority of plant cards can't defeat these cards. The option for defeating them are very slim. So it's of dirty, underhand. Yes, they are entitled to play, but they also have very little lose. Unlike a player in rank trying to reach UL. We can all go with the easy win, by recycling in cards to get the most unbeatable combination in the current game, but once done. How good, or enjoyable is it to keep playing? Unless your the kind of person that enjoys just being mean. I like winning like anyone else, but I don't like taking advantage, cheating or being underhand. And those games to me are underhand, not illegal in the game, but not anything to be proud of. 

Message 4 of 22 (782 Views)

★ Guide

"They have reached UL, nothing to gain except a star. "

A mere star is an achievement. I'm at 126 stars and I still crush (or try to) every opponent, whether they are a lv.50, or 1. But the best feeling is when I beat a lv.49.

Message 5 of 22 (767 Views)

★ Pro

That's your way of playing, surrendering and watching every star that each one receives or loses, others simply play for fun!

I don't understand the obsession of wanting to impose a game mode on everyone. 

Surely that person plays in Ranking because he sees the casual as a training site, just like the game says ''Hone your skills here'' . so he says, I trained too much, I really want battles and that's why he plays in Ranking, and he probably does not pay attention to the rank even. Also the league there is a great confrontation between players UL,  so many play there hoping to find a good opponent, pitifully the game puts you there, so you suffer against veterans looking for good rivals.

Another thing, you don't want to ''reach'' UL, you want them to transfer you there,  so you give your game hoping that others also give you that gift, but it doesn't happen because the others are in is playing the game ... 

It would be great if they eliminated the avatar and the level, in the image when you start the game, so nobody gets headaches and self-limited with those ranges.

in fact, some veteran players start late, because they were busy, so it's possible that about 3 weeks later he starts playing, and start with level 20, so he will appear against you, and this is more common than you think. 

About illegal, I hate QuickDraw, but it represents a legal way of playing, It is not the fault of the users that this card is very good, everyone is free to use it if they want.

in fact, I've seen it so many times, so if a powerful plant comes out in the future, I will not hesitate to use it xD

Message 6 of 22 (762 Views)

★★ Guide

Let me put things another, it's VERY easy to get to UL, if you pay to win, or get an easy win deck. The decks I mentioned aren't of any quality, they are just over powered cards. But since, skill, is nothing to those kind of players, or my post has rattled some of you. I'll just take the easy way use an untrickable zombie, add the gold protection and every going viral. Should really, impress you all then. Wow 126 stars! What did you get for that a peanut?

Message 7 of 22 (746 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

should change his/her name to "saltydevilis"

Message 8 of 22 (739 Views)

★ Guide
A sense of achievement. And i haven't spent a cent on this game. I recycle and craft cards to build my decks, like most of us here do.

Now that you mentioned 'an easy win deck'. Why don't you go and build yourself one?
Message 9 of 22 (722 Views)

★★ Pro
That deserved an xp 👍
Message 10 of 22 (705 Views)